Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New Julie Hewett products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Some new goodies on the Julie Hewett website just appeared: two new lipsticks and a new Cheekie palette. The lipsticks are Scarlett, in the Icons of Beauty collection--which is described as a carmine-fuschia color. It looks like it would be beautiful on cooler toned people. The other, a Bijou sheer, is Amelie--which appears to be a mauve-lavender color. Yikes--this would not work at all for a pale and warm complexion like mine, but given its sheerness, it might be very pretty on a cooler toned gal with reasonably pigmented lips. So...if you thought that most of the JH lipsticks were too warm toned, you've got two new cool ones to consider. (Not me, though--I'm way too yellow toned...)

The other addition is a Cheekie palette that contains four of the Cheekies blushes (and none of the shimmies that I don't use--yay!!) and the Chubby Cheekie brush as well. The four cream blushes are Peachie (a very warm, intense peach that is actually delicate and pretty when worn); Natural (a tawny, warm toned blush which is the one I reach for at least three days out of five); Jami (a neutral to slghtly cool mauve-pink which looks very natural and understated); and Rosie, (a cool toned rose). They can be mixed and matched--Natural for a contour shade from temple to mid cheek with Jami or Peachie on the apple of the cheek is a look I like. And the brush is one you just have to have if you get these. (Not really, I suppose--I used my fingers or the Becca cream blush brush and was perfectly happy, but now the only way you get my Cheekie brush away from me is if you pry it from my cold, dead hands...) It's tiny but mighty--the bristles are amazingly dense and soft but firm. Not only does it apply and blend cream blush well, but you can use it for lots of other uses--blending makeup along the side of the nose, brushing on highlighter along the cheekbones and over the brow, smoothing eye primer over the lids, etc. The deal here is that you get the palette (her others go for about 48 dollars) and the brush (sold for 28 and worth it) together for 58 total.

I won't be getting it because I already have three of these (and got my daughter the fourth!) but if by some chance you haven't gotten these gorgeous blushes, well, you have a chance to rectify that and get four of her most wearable shades. And that brush...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
i have tried scarlett and amelie and they are both insanely gooorrrgeous...

scarlett is a very bright fuschia pink, but works on all skin tones, from my olive skin to my friend's 60-year old mother's irish skin. it is surprisingly elegant and looks gorgeous if you line the eyes in a golden cream shadow, use brown mascara, and a little light pink blush....

amelie is surprisingly not deadening, very nice on those who have pink, peachy, or even ruddy complexions. it is very sheer.

i want that cheeky palette!!!

xox
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
havana8

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh, looks beautiful, Flitcraft! I am seriously in love with the few JH products I have. Very flattering and yet somehow, natural looking. I hope EDS gets the new ones in for fall as I would love to get more.

Thanks for the info, Ava--makes me more inclined to spring for the new colours!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the cheekie palette with the brush with the 25% off code, use JHLA25.
I can't wait to get it!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Saw that sale...! It is on until oct 1 I believe. Love the cheekie brush... And my natural and peach are getting low. May have to go for it.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Go for it--I just did! Ordered some of the camellia lip balm in a pot, a backup of my Odessa lipstick that is getting shorter and shorter, and the Boudoir palette (containing Natural and Vampie Cheekies and Goldie and Cleo Shimmies) because I use the Natural Cheekie all the time but I have been curious about the Vampie. And I've been playing around with the Goldie Shimmie lately (which I hadn't used much till now) by tapping it lightly over matte eyeshadow just to give a tiny bit of light shimmer to them. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it with the Cleo, too, maybe over cream or beige shadow or a sheered out brown. Actually, you can use the cream eyeliners the same way--I have the Lilies in the Snow, the silver-white one, and the Rue Burgundy copper-brick one.

I can't wait to hear what y'all get and how you play with them when you do.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |