Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Are we skin care addicts or what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girlfriends! I've noticed that over the past few years I've been researching skincare and trying new products, all in the hopes of retaining the look of youthful skin. I even went as far as taking a course in Esthetics, hoping to learn even more. Lately I've been thinking that this is almost like an * spam alert *. I keep looking for things that deliver miracles. I do think that all the work has been worth it though!
Mabsy

Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I prefer to call it a hobby and I've even confinced my other half that this is exactly what it is Cool It has been worth it and I enjoy it anyway Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:34 am      Reply with quote
For me I too prefer to think of it as a hobby.
Although I know it's really an obsession. Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
...apparantly I only get animated when talking about skincare and make-up. Guapaboy wants to know why I need to buy more stuff for my face when it looks ok to him. I think he was just narked as I had just wrenched his visa card so I could put in my eds order. I think I may have broken his hand Rolling Eyes Does this constitute addictive behaviour?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:24 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I think I may have broken his hand Rolling Eyes Does this constitute addictive behaviour?

LMAO Laughing

Maybe you should consider some counselling. Think
Perhaps a group therapy session for some of the more addicted members of this forum!
mds830
5% products discount

Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know what your girls have learned about real skin care. What do you think works and what does not work. What do you think is the quickest way to weed out a scam? Is this forum one of your best tools?
Thanks
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:29 am      Reply with quote
mds830,

What's great about this forum is that if you mention any product, someone has likely tried it and can give you feedback..usually more than one person does. Its a lot of info to weed through but its worth it to get products that really work for you. I'm pretty new here but already addicted. Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:44 am      Reply with quote
...it's worth bearing in mind that we get scammed on the site by people joining with the intention of getting free advertising. Sometimes you are in such a frenzy at the thought of a new product that you don't realise that exactly the same post has been put in many forums. I always check if a poster who is recommending something does that, Like the recent TCA peel posts. As a rule of thumb tho', if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. I'll always try it though, just in case Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:35 am      Reply with quote
cosmetics annoymous!

my name is lamicuz, and i'm a cosmetics junkie Laughing
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have a bit of an obsession too when it comes to skincare or makeup . At work last week, someone Jabbered me a message "Can I please ask a question..?" "Yeah sure, go ahead" I replied..."Hope you don't mind but what blush are you using?"... I would have never thought that anyone was into skincare or make up in this place but I think I've found yet another "addict". Laughing

Skinrg, what is involved in the Esthetics course ? it sounds really interesting. This forum is unreal as I'm always learning new things about beauty all the time, the scams to avoid, other ladies' beauty secrets to take on, as well as new products to try. It really is one of the best tools I've come across on the net. Cool

Summertimegirl Very Happy
mds830
5% products discount

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been trying to recall how I found this forum. When I first found it, I was very hesitant to add anything. But after awhile, I discovered I had so many of the same experiences, it was fun to share them. Really, we aren't junkies, addicts or anything but truly interested in keeping ourselves looking on the outside like we feel on the inside. I've found some really good products I did not know existed and I go to a dermatologist that does constant blind studies and research on new medical procedures. Even they can't possibily keep up with all the explosion of new products (and scams).
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
mds830,

What's great about this forum is that if you mention any product, someone has likely tried it and can give you feedback..usually more than one person does. Its a lot of info to weed through but its worth it to get products that really work for you. I'm pretty new here but already addicted. Rolling Eyes Laughing

I definitely agree! I have never encountered so many women who have tried so many different skincare products! Laughing And here I thought I was an addict. I think you girls put me to shame! Laughing

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I post on over 8 skincare forums...does that qualify me as a skincare addict? Laughing

I keep track of my skincare spendings on the diary feature of MUA. It is quite scary to see the grand total. I also has a little notepad to write down the products I have either finished using or ended up in garbage. On my day planner, I put down which date I started experimenting with product xyz so I know a certain product lasts or if it will break me out.

Ok, I am an "organized" skincare junkie!!!
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
...if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. I'll always try it though, just in case Laughing

rofl

I'm the same, unless I find out that there's spam about the product. That puts me right off!
mds830
5% products discount

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:27 am      Reply with quote
WOW! MTVIEW
That amazing! You should write a book or something. Wish I had kept up with all the things I've tried.

Please keep sharing. I need all the help I can get.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:38 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
Ok, I post on over 8 skincare forums...does that qualify me as a skincare addict? Laughing

Ok, I am an "organized" skincare junkie!!!

mtview....

What other forums do you post on, besides MUA? I've looked at quite a few, but really haven't found any that have the depth of information from members that I find here, but am, of course, always looking.

That organized, I am NOT! Laughing But, I commend you!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I post on over 8 skincare forums...does that qualify me as a skincare addict?

HOLY MOLY Shock Shock Shock How do you have time for it? I find myself checking this one a few times a day, I can't imagine posting on 8! You are a true skincare devotee. Please share your knowlege with this forum. I guarantee your input will be greatly appreciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I don't know how I have time either. I don't even have internet access at work. I going get online after work and I work at least 10 hours a day...

I read/post on 2 chinese boards. Just curious to see what is hot/popular over there. EDS, Emakeup.com, icompact.com, and MUA are for general skincare Q&A. The other boards are specific boards for the product lines I am currently using. I also used to post on BeautyBuzz.com but that has way too many virus/spyware crap and I stopped visiting there.

I am trying to be organized so I don't feel bad for spending so much $$$ Bad Grin When I see how many products I have finished up, I feel justified in buying more, LOL!
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
This forum has been great for me. I don't have the time to check other places.BTW, I'm happy here! If we weren't so concerned about good skin care and researching and comparing other peoples opinions on products, we could all be looking like shrivelled up old ladies by now![/quote]
Mabsy

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:27 am      Reply with quote
You can also check out the Australian Vogue forums - http://forums.vogue.com.au/

I guess parts of that forum are pretty Aus-specific but most of the skincare/makeup/hair isn't though. There's often some really good advice on there. That's the other forum I try to read through on a regular basis.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

I also check out the Aussie Vogue forums from time to time too, just read through (lurcher !) Laughing not posting... there is some really good advice and some tips on where-to-gets for fashion which is good considering I only get to go out on a fashion trawl once every blue moon !! Rolling Eyes Apart from this one, that's the only other forum I visit.

What's the info on MUA like ? Helpful as this one ?
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:48 am      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
cosmetics annoymous!

my name is lamicuz, and i'm a cosmetics junkie Laughing

I'm there with you! Since I found this forum I have gotten my eyelashes permed then dyed. I also went and ordered more products recommended by forum members (like I need anymore products). I do love my products every single one of them.
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Summertime girl! Sorry for taking soooo long to reply to your question. I took an esthetics course by correspondence a few years ago. I didn't have a car, and we live in the country, so i neaded something to occupy my mind or I'd go NUTS! The course covers everything from the anatomy of skin, to products, disceases, treatments, as well as makeup artistry and salon procedures. It covers all the theory for the Esthetitian! Wink
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
skinrg wrote:
Summertime girl! Sorry for taking soooo long to reply to your question. I took an esthetics course by correspondence a few years ago. I didn't have a car, and we live in the country, so i neaded something to occupy my mind or I'd go NUTS! The course covers everything from the anatomy of skin, to products, disceases, treatments, as well as makeup artistry and salon procedures. It covers all the theory for the Esthetitian! Wink

How Neat! Did you take it in anticipation of becoming an Esthetician or just for general knowledge? How do you feel it has helped you?

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Addicted is too strong a word, how about passion and hobby!
I found this place from searching for some products, and was amazed by the knowledge and experiences exchanged here. I used to shop with skinstore, and they have some customer rating system, but it’s no where near what have discussed here.
I don’t even want to think about how much I have spent on skin care products (thank God, I don’t do any makeup yet!). I found there have been too many bottles and tubes sitting in my drawers and hardly been used (cause I didn’t do much homework before). Hopefully, I won’t repeat the same mistake. I’ll try to get some opinions and samples before I empty my pocket!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |