Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to banish deep forhead lines the natural/organic way?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
julesee
5% products discount

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I have really deep lines in my forhead and a horrible even deeper crease in between my eyes, and i just hate them! In fact they make me really miserable, i'm 35 and I feel they age me a lot!

I'd prefer to use a natural or organic product, as I use Dr Hauschka for all the rest of my skin care routine. If anyone know a product that's not too full of nasty things, that isn't all natural then I'd consider it.... in fact yeah anything, I just wanna get rid of these bad boys Laughing

I have read in a thread about hibiscus but that's all I can seem to find. I'd be willing to try the hibiscus thing out but nobody has mentioned an exact product only a brand name. Surely though there must be something out there that really works.

So if there are any post-frown lined ladies out there, please share you wisdom and make my day! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
botox is "natural" hehe
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat as you julesee. I did do Botox, which works wonderfully. I just can't afford it at this time. I've been thinking of trying 'Frownies' from the d/s. I''d love to know if anyone has been helped a lot by any of the lotions and potions.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
There is always the dermaroller, though I think it will take quite some time to see an improvement (or at least it is on me).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really doubt that it is possible to get rid of line or wrinkles with all-natural products Confused
that`s why retinoids, botox, dermaroller etc. are here...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing some facial exercises targeting the forehead and I do see improvement. The creases I had are becoming less prominent and I also found a great clay mask that helps.. Very Happy
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Cleocatra - you can't just say you've been doing exercises and have a great clay mask but not give the details! Spill the beans!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely try Frownies - if you are vigilant, you'll see results (though not permanent, but then neither is botox, right?).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you julesee. I did do Botox, which works wonderfully. I just can't afford it at this time. I've been thinking of trying 'Frownies' from the d/s. I''d love to know if anyone has been helped a lot by any of the lotions and potions.

How much does it cost to get botox done??? I am seeing the signs of those nasty lines between my eyebrows too...and I am hating them...
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Cleocatra - you can't just say you've been doing exercises and have a great clay mask but not give the details! Spill the beans!

right! please Cleocatra tell us more! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm not Cleocatra, but I have been doing FlexEffect exercises with excellent results for forehead lines. How much more "natural" can you get??!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
lol You are all are too much.. Very Happy

All right, I'll spill the beans to ya all..

I use a combination of facial exercises, FlexEffect on the brow and the Tua Viso as well.. I'm seeing good results from both so far, particularly in the brow area. I used to use Frownies, but frankly after a year of using them almost nightly as soon as I skipped a night or two, the lines returned.. so....
I used powdered clay, (french green clay is great, so is Bentonite clay) I mix it with distilled water, a little olive oil, glycerin, and sometimes some vitamin E oil and slather it on.. I do this about 3-4 times a week, with very good results. I just make sure to moisturize very well after wards since clays can be drying. But honestly, the clay masks have worked better for me then the Elysee firming mask did, and it's a way cheaper way of obtaining results. Very Happy

I hope that helps!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:

I use a combination of facial exercises, FlexEffect on the brow and the Tua Viso as well.. I'm seeing good results from both so far, particularly in the brow area. I used to use Frownies, but frankly after a year of using them almost nightly as soon as I skipped a night or two, the lines returned.. so....
I used powdered clay, (french green clay is great, so is Bentonite clay) I mix it with distilled water, a little olive oil, glycerin, and sometimes some vitamin E oil and slather it on.. I do this about 3-4 times a week, with very good results. I just make sure to moisturize very well after wards since clays can be drying. But honestly, the clay masks have worked better for me then the Elysee firming mask did, and it's a way cheaper way of obtaining results. Very Happy

I hope that helps!

thanks Cleocatra! I must try your clay mask!
what are you doing to obtain distilled water? boil it and gather the steam? Shock
will ordinary filtered water be wrong here? Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
When I had my botox done last month, it was $390. We wanted to reduce the muscle ridge on my brow as it was large for a woman. There were 7 injection spots so it took a bit of product. Next time will less because she will need to use less.

Getting rid of the lines was nice but the lift to the brow to open the eyes up was a super happy coincidence. I'm now an addict.

I will happily give a referral for my PS if you live in northern CA. I think I lucked out completely on finding her my first time out.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to check out the facial excerises that Cleocatra mentioned and try the mask. I'm off to study holistic therapies in sept and so i'm very interested in all the home made goodies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
There are a couple of things I would recommend.

Moisturize interally and externally. Internally by drinking plenty of clean water, taking essential fatty acid supplements, and possibly also Biocell Collagen II with Hyaluronic Acid. Moisturizing externally with an oil or product that goes well with your skin type. Emu oil is very good and works with most skin types (even though it's an oil, since it's lipid profile is similar to human oil it seems to help balance most skin). I like to use emu oil in a cream base - I get mine from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com

I think the Clarisonic is one of the best skin gadgets out there - it will help clean your skin well and also gives some daily exfoliation.

For deeper exfoliation, I would look for a manual technique like dermafiling (you could shave your face instead of going for professional dermafiling - you can read here at EDS forum about this technique).

Also, dermarolling and trying a retin-A product or retinol on the deep lines (the dermarollers that are .15-.5mm will help with product penetration; the longer ones are more for scarring, etc.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
botox is "natural" hehe

Botox will really give the result you want. I have a friend tried everything out there on the market. Once she had botox she told me she would never go buy any topic products any more.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
snowie_bunny wrote:
edenfield wrote:
botox is "natural" hehe

Botox will really give the result you want. I have a friend tried everything out there on the market. Once she had botox she told me she would never go buy any topic products any more.

I believe this. Restricting muscle movement could delaying wrinkle development. And if you use sunscreen and moisturizer on top of it then it really slows down the aging process.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
snowie_bunny wrote:
edenfield wrote:
botox is "natural" hehe

Botox is costly and doesn't last. Also the long-term effects are unknown. I wouldn't chance it for vanity's sake...I know it's initial use was for people who had serious muscle issues and perhaps for that, I would use it. That's just me though...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
How is Botox natural?????
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Botox is really for people who can afford, but for me, I can not. I think I will want to age gracefully with the use of creams, proper diet and exercises... all the things you have to do to be "healthy"....

snowie_bunny wrote:
edenfield wrote:
botox is "natural" hehe

julesee
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:

I hope that helps!

Thank you so much for this advice, it sounds great. I've just had a look at "flexeffect" website and studied the before and after pictures. If you have seen these these pic's, do you think it is fair to say they are accurate?

Thanks again for the advice, i'm just gonna check out "Tua Viso" right now! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Question for Cleocatra..... Did you look into other facial firming exercise programmes before choosing Flexeffects? I live in the UK and we have a few but nothing which seems so effective as this. Is flexeffects very well known where you are from?

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. Thanks for this discussion. I think its very interesting. I also have some somewhat mild lines in my forehead that I wish weren't there. I'm gonna try some of your suggestions, especially the exercises and DIY face mask.

Does anyone know how I'd go about adding this to my listing of "tracked topics" since I'd like to revisit this discussion at a later date.

And for the person asking about how to get distilled water: Well, you could either buy distill water at the store. When I buy it I worry a little about the chemicals from the plastic being leeched into the water. Don't really know if this is a valid concern though. Does it anyone else? Or you can distill your own water with a portable water distiller. I bought one a few years back for approximately $200US. Possibly it was less I don't remember exactly.

Thanks for your replies.
Minimunny
5% products discount

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Botox (Botulinumtoxin) is a poison which, for example, exists in canned food gone bad - honestly! It is natural since it exists in nature - but it is not natural to take it or to get it injected for that matter, since it is a strong nerve poison which is deadly in higher dosages. Still, experienced doctors use it quite effectively to minimize wrinkles or to treat severe cases of migraine.
Most important if you chose to try it, find an experienced, licensed doc - an injection placed at the wrong spot can make your eyelids droop or your mouth slack. But then, all effects of Botox are only temporarily - apart from the deadly ones, but docs know the right dosages which do not put anyone at risk. Hopefully. Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |