Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Suffer from breakout ,,,,,pls help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
My skincare regimen is:

AM: Bicelle vitamin C serum
Bicelle Phyto + serum
Bicelle B+ gel
Avene recovering cream
Neostrata SPF 15 cream
Sonia Rykiel cream foundation
KP loose powder
(few times cover Lancome 2way cakes/powder foundation during working time)

In the morning, the skin looks OK, but at around3-4PM during work time. I will find few breakout on face. When I gather with friend after job, at around 9PM my skin start to have few red bumps and breakouts.

Were there's any problem to my regimen or I what should I improve my diet...

I have lots acne pock and acne marks so I cannot live without the foundation during working time....

Please suggest. Really hope to solve this problem. I hate all the red bumps and breakout already being part of my face.

PS: Night time.
Similar Bicelle serum(except Vit. C serum)
Use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (3times a week)
Use Sothys hydrating mask, 3times a week
Use Sothys Vitality mask, 3 times a week
Sothys Oxyliance mask, 1-2 times a week
kellies
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
hey,
am sorry , you sound worried anyway i got a simple solution it is working for me and am finally breathing, i used to have acne before i go to sleep when i wake up in the morning,and i was using tones of products you name them.. i started using retin A ointment nightly then in the morning i use glycolic acid facial wash and 10% glycolic acid cream and sunscreen, my face has improved...... my face doesnt breakout everyday just once in two weeks but because of the retin a it vanishes after a day... but if yous skin is sensitive just use every other day cause retin a can make your skin peel and uncomfortable but so far its been good on my skin and its sensitive... wish you luck Smile
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot kellies !!

Wuold you suggest what retinA product??which brand?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I posted on another thread to you but I'll post here too - look into getting the Clarisonic face brush. I think they have recently come out with their international charger - if not, just get the right adaptor for Hong Kong. You can find many threads on Clarisonic on EDS - just do a search.

Since you wear a lot of makeup, I recommend washing your face twice a day with the Clarisonic. Let your skin breathe more at night when you sleep - if anything, only put on a light moisturizer at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm, Clarisonic is really something new for me...how it works?? By the brush or the water power? Will the skin be hurt? Really thanks for your introduction! Very Happy
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A is a good medication for acne. However, please check what type of foods you are eating. Eat less fatty foods, eat more vegies and fruit juices. I think this will help... also AVOID THE STRESS Smile It will make the acne worse.... BE HAPPY Smile

evenet wrote:
My skincare regimen is:

AM: Bicelle vitamin C serum
Bicelle Phyto + serum
Bicelle B+ gel
Avene recovering cream
Neostrata SPF 15 cream
Sonia Rykiel cream foundation
KP loose powder
(few times cover Lancome 2way cakes/powder foundation during working time)

In the morning, the skin looks OK, but at around3-4PM during work time. I will find few breakout on face. When I gather with friend after job, at around 9PM my skin start to have few red bumps and breakouts.

Were there's any problem to my regimen or I what should I improve my diet...

I have lots acne pock and acne marks so I cannot live without the foundation during working time....

Please suggest. Really hope to solve this problem. I hate all the red bumps and breakout already being part of my face.

PS: Night time.
Similar Bicelle serum(except Vit. C serum)
Use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (3times a week)
Use Sothys hydrating mask, 3times a week
Use Sothys Vitality mask, 3 times a week
Sothys Oxyliance mask, 1-2 times a week
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
lunarmm, Clarisonic is really something new for me...how it works?? By the brush or the water power? Will the skin be hurt? Really thanks for your introduction! Very Happy

Hi evenet,

The best intro to the Clarisonic is to go to the official website where you can see videos demoing it, etc. www.clarisonic.com It has a rechargeable battery and charging base (as you said you live in Hong Kong - enquire about the international model or if you get the N. American model, you will need a voltage converter and make sure you charge the brush fully before using. With the converter, it may take longer than 24-hours to charge before 1st use).

Then you can look up the many reviews and feedback from real people here at EDS Forum and other places online. I really do think it's a worthwhile investment. I don't know if they have changed the cleanser they send a sample size with - the packaging has changed. It's okay but is not my favorite, so I did create a thread here on people's fav cleansers to use with the brush:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27586

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Did you see the Dr Mist thread? They were discussing that Dr Mist can be used to prevent acne.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25277&start=50
kellies
5% products discount

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
hi evenet
if you go to your dermatologist, he/she can prescribe you what dosage is good for you, topical ointment is better.....
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:52 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
evenet wrote:

Hi evenet,

The best intro to the Clarisonic is to go to the official website where you can see videos demoing it, etc. www.clarisonic.com It has a rechargeable battery and charging base (as you said you live in Hong Kong - enquire about the international model or if you get the N. American model, you will need a voltage converter and make sure you charge the brush fully before using. With the converter, it may take longer than 24-hours to charge before 1st use).

Then you can look up the many reviews and feedback from real people here at EDS Forum and other places online. I really do think it's a worthwhile investment. I don't know if they have changed the cleanser they send a sample size with - the packaging has changed. It's okay but is not my favorite, so I did create a thread here on people's fav cleansers to use with the brush:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27586

i go throught the vidoes there in details. I just don;t understand how it works to diminish the pores and wrinkles???
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
i go throught the vidoes there in details. I just don;t understand how it works to diminish the pores and wrinkles???

The Clarisonic diminishes pore size by keeping your pores cleaner and clearing debris and diminishes wrinkles if you use it daily by light exfoliation. It also helps topicals absorb better after using it which can enhance their effectiveness.

Click on the video called:
Reduces the appearance of wrinkles www.clarisonic.com/experiences/video.php

Testimonial page: www.clarisonic.com/experiences/testimonials.php

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
evenet wrote:

The Clarisonic diminishes pore size by keeping your pores cleaner and clearing debris and diminishes wrinkles if you use it daily by light exfoliation. It also helps topicals absorb better after using it which can enhance their effectiveness.

Click on the video called:
Reduces the appearance of wrinkles www.clarisonic.com/experiences/video.php

Testimonial page: www.clarisonic.com/experiences/testimonials.php

Really sound so good!!!! However, I bought lots machine before but just put it aside after few times use. Would you share more of whether it's troublesome to use, difficult to clean the brush.....or need to match up with specific cleansers??
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
Really sound so good!!!! However, I bought lots machine before but just put it aside after few times use. Would you share more of whether it's troublesome to use, difficult to clean the brush.....or need to match up with specific cleansers??

It's the most worthwhile skin care purchase I have made. Although it's an initial investment, it lasts and it's something you use every day. The brush has a money back guarantee from Clarisonic directly as long as you buy from an authorized dealer (check the site - I'm not sure of the length - if it is 30 days or more). Also many places that sell it offer an even longer money back guarantee (e.g., Nordstroms I think).

It is very easy to use and clean - the brush heads twist off and the brush is water resistant. You can even use it in the shower on your body (one of the reasons they came out with a 3-speed model - a faster speed added to the 2-speed model for body use).

Most important tip - you do NEED to fully charge the brush before using. Some people didn't before using the first time and had to replace the brush (although it was covered by Clarisonic's warantee).

On the cleanser - yes, it's important to use a cleanser that is right for your skin type. Two of my favorites for use with the Clarisonic (I have dry skin) are Diana Yvonne's rosehip cleanser:
http://www.dianayvonne.com/c=oC5xbrMLXWcJrKuTih9mSZ8DW/category/11/
Diana Yvonne site is great because you can purchase samples of their products to try:
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/179availablesamples/
and Leaf & Rusher's green tea wash:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/leaf-rusher-green-tea-was-p_8870.htm
Both are very gentle. I don't wear a lot of makeup though so I can't speak to how good they are for removing makeup with the Clarisonic and also if they would be the best for your skin type. Check out the thread I created on people's favorite cleansers to use with the Clarisonic: www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27586

5% products discount

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use DDF BP gel 5% with tea tree oil on the spots.
It's so great for my acne face.
violetta
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
There is a possibility your skin is reacting to the make-up you're wearing. You said your skin seems ok in the morning, but then starts breaking out as the day goes on. You could have a look at the ingredients in your make-up. Did you try mineral make-up? Most MMU contains simple ingredients that are actually good for your skin (whatever skin condition)and does not contain ingredients that will clog pores and make you break out. You'll find loads of threads on MMU on this forum.
Good luck Smile

5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Ive heard that Vitamin C can cause pores to clog, and I see that you are using it to start your day, perhaps that could be contributing to your problem?
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I always find that when I overload on different kinds of products, my skin breaks out. My philosophy regarding skincare is always to keep a simple regimen. Irritation, even if it isn't immediately apparent, is a surefire way to breakout.
lori604

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently suffered from the WORST acne breakout I've ever had in the past 8 years.
Anyways, I have already been using the Clarisonic for a while. I love it, but with this breakout, it didn't do too much. I used every mask and acne product I had. Finally, I remember my friend telling me that she used to use vodka. So I whipped out some Absolut and used it as a toner. After two days, using it day and night, I cleared up. I don't think it's good to use straight alcohol on your face, but I was desperate. And heck it totally helped! I stopped using it after I cleared up. I wouldn't use it on a daily basis. Just to fry pimples.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I was having a similar issue although I was just getting bumps (clogged pores) by the end of the day, not actual breakouts. It was so frustrating because I couldn't figure out what I was doing and through trial and error have made a few changes to my routine that I feel have eliminated the bumps. I started to use only mineral make-up, and now use Karen Herzog Professional Cleansing and Mild Scrub. My skin stays smooth and for the most part, acne free.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
kellies wrote:
hi evenet
if you go to your dermatologist, he/she can prescribe you what dosage is good for you, topical ointment is better.....

Second this. My family doctor prescribed me some ointment which turned out to be great.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |