Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
getting elasticity and skin texture in better shape
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all,

It's been a while since I have posted, for many different reasons, but I wanted to share some good news:
I went through a stage of having really bad, bumpy, orange-peel-textured and pore-ridden skin for about a year after using copper peptides briefly. I was about to lose hope when I began to experiment with different lines and products that claim to restore elasticity to the skin.

the bumpiness and pores I was experiencing, I realized, were the effects of sudden loss of elasticity in the skin. I know this because when I pulled the skin it looked much better and normal.

I have been pursuing a regular regime of facial massage and a few toning exercises, and have been using retin-a cream (0.025%) 5 nights a week for about 9 months. I have also been using NIA24 sunscreen and scrub religiously, and have worked in a pumpkin peel from Mychelle every two weeks.

Otherwise I have been taking very simplistic care of my skin, washing my face with Osea cleansers and layering the NIA over the Advanced Protection Cream. At night on my days off from retin-a I have been using Weleda rose oil caps, which really and notceably refine my skin--I love them!

I also have the Remergent antioxidant refoliator and have been using that recently after peels and scrubs.

For makeup, I am absolutely loving Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral powder--the coverage is so light, natural, and when spritzed with mineral water. just dewy and lovely.

I am just now beginning to feel like my skin is going back to normal now... It will never be the poreless, taut, lovely skin that it was, but I think I have worked through the bad changes and have revealed more normalized cells.

I just wanted to post in case anyone else was interested, because I decided to be patient and not take any drastic, expensive measures, and it worked well for me, but it did take a year and the differences weren't measurable day-to-day.

i think massaging helps to oxygenate the skin, and whereas retin-a can deplete the skin barrier, NIA24 helps to replenish and rebuild it, so hopefully my skin won't get too thin as I continue to use a retinoid. I think a good balance between the two camps works well. And of course drinking lots of water and eating lots of antioxidant foods, and exercising always works, too. I haven't been slacking in that respect.

I hope you all are enjoying your summer, and look forward to sharing in the future with all of you!

best, avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange,

I am very glad to hear that your skin has normalized. I am still dealing with the CP uglies under my eyes (it has been 5 months), so I definitely understand what you were going through!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange,

Thank you for updating us. I don't think I read your original post about the effect of CPs on your skin, but I wanted to say - I am dealing with weird bumpy skin at the moment too.

I was using CPs and acids, and I don't know if this is what caused it. I'm getting a lot of clogged pores and bumpiness, especially on the neck, but also blackheads on strange places like the cheeks. There is definitely a loss of elasticity on my neck. Is this like the problems you had with your skin at all?

Anyway, mine is getting better with 302. In fact to look at (from a little distance!), my skin is getting better and better. It's just when I run my fingers over it, there is the weird bumpyness. This is slowly getting better too.

The more I read about CPs, the more I think they really work differently for different people. Some love them, for some it makes their skin worse. I'm not sure about me, but I am sure that my skin is liking being back to a more simple, non-invasive, gentle routine.

Good luck with your continued skin turnaround!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Smile I'm glad your skin is getting better. It looks like the niacin stuff works, which is great news.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
whereas retin-a can deplete the skin barrier, NIA24 helps to replenish and rebuild it

Avalange, could you please talk more about this and what you mean by depleting the skin barrier?
TIA

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:10 am      Reply with quote
avalange, so your skin was nice & poreless before u used CP? If that's the case, it's scary but glad u finally got it normalized now. I also wonder if the use of a chemical peel such as the PSF pumpkin mask will actually make skin worse as it contains strong acid (8% I believe)? My face is undergoing some sort of weird red bumps and enlarged pores. I used the pumpkin mask a few times. At first, it seems fine then my face now started to get sensitive. I stopped using it now. Would like to know if anyone experienced something similar like that too?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
catballou - the ability of niacinamide to strengthen skin barrier, especially when used in conjunction with Retin-A, was recently discussed in the thread below.

The properties of niacinamide to rebuild the skin barrier have been demonstrated in scientific studies. One study showed that the use of Retin-A caused thinning of stratum corneum, the outermost layer of the skin, by 25 %. Niacinamide will counteract some of the thinning effect.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
So glad you're back Avalange Very Happy You've always shared such great info. I'm thrilled your skin is getting back to normal for you. I thought you were pretty when you posted a pic of your "rough" skin, so you must be gorgeous now Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
dear chicken little,

yes, that sounds EXACTLY like what i was dealing with. my skin went from smooth and poreless to bumpy and textured like orange peel and large pores making little lines (not wrinkles) all over my face. it was terrible!!!
i heard that cps can actually degrade the skin and cause mmps to be generated at an advanced rate.

and thank you to septembergirl for answering the question about niacin before i got around to it...

--avalange

chickenlittle wrote:
Hi Avalange,

Thank you for updating us. I don't think I read your original post about the effect of CPs on your skin, but I wanted to say - I am dealing with weird bumpy skin at the moment too.

I was using CPs and acids, and I don't know if this is what caused it. I'm getting a lot of clogged pores and bumpiness, especially on the neck, but also blackheads on strange places like the cheeks. There is definitely a loss of elasticity on my neck. Is this like the problems you had with your skin at all?

Anyway, mine is getting better with 302. In fact to look at (from a little distance!), my skin is getting better and better. It's just when I run my fingers over it, there is the weird bumpyness. This is slowly getting better too.

The more I read about CPs, the more I think they really work differently for different people. Some love them, for some it makes their skin worse. I'm not sure about me, but I am sure that my skin is liking being back to a more simple, non-invasive, gentle routine.

Good luck with your continued skin turnaround!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've always been too scared to try CPs. Funny, because I'll try everything else :roll:Why would anyone try them if this can result? Obviously, you don't know what will happen until you use CPs. Yet, some people swear by them. Some get temporary uglies & others not-so-temporary. I know some that have amazing skin & credit CPs. I'm still too chicken.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Dear Avalange,

Thank you for the update.

Do you feel that all the products have to be used in order to achieve the results you have? Or do you feel one is more responsible than the others?

Thank you.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I've always been too scared to try CPs. Funny, because I'll try everything else :roll:Why would anyone try them if this can result? Obviously, you don't know what will happen until you use CPs. Yet, some people swear by them. Some get temporary uglies & others not-so-temporary. I know some that have amazing skin & credit CPs. I'm still too chicken.

I bought some CPs about 2 years ago but after reading about alot of people's bad reactions I too decided to give them a complete miss. Not worth messing with the chances of damaging my skin I thought, and still do.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
What problems do people have with using CP?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
What problems do people have with using CP?

Ruk, here you go:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=ffdcf8f517703fddfe5ea511973bc8e9

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi ruk!

Sorry for the delay.

I believe that a combination of retin-a 0.025% and NIA24 sunscreen have made the most difference in my skin...

As well as rose otto/rosehip oil blend on the nights I take off from retin-a and of course my osea products as a daily regimen.

--avalange

ruk1 wrote:
Dear Avalange,

Thank you for the update.

Do you feel that all the products have to be used in order to achieve the results you have? Or do you feel one is more responsible than the others?

Thank you.

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear that your new regimen is working so well for you. When my wallet is flusher, I'm going to invest in the NIA24 line, I think. Do you know the other ingredients in the sunscreen perchance? I've had struggles with hyperpigmentation and melasma (though my melasma was mild and confined to one small patch) so I have to have a super-UVA blocking sunscreen.)
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back avalange! I'm happy you're getting back your lovely skin. Yes, I had a CP horror story too, and my chest area is still crepey and dehydrated-looking from it. I don't think it's something that can be used without first getting professional hands-on advice *in person*.

Right now I'm using Green Cream at night and NIA24SSC in the am after my AOX 10 and seeing some fairly good results. You're right, I think this is a good combination to restore the barrier that retinoids deplete. In theory it should work, but I've only been trying it for a month yet. I'm so glad it's helping you - that's so encouraging!

And yeah, I think facial exercise/massage is an excellent adjunctive treatment. Wish I'd hopped on that bandwagon sooner instead of all the expensive lotions and potions I've shelled out for! I feel like it's something I can do on my own without paying someone else or buying the latest sexy thing on the market. It's simple, healthy and effective.

Best wishes to you avalange! wave

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi avalange I do the facial exercises too. They have really helped me to keep the sagging down! Do you have any good ones for around the eye area?
havana8

Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Good to hear that your new regimen is working so well for you. When my wallet is flusher, I'm going to invest in the NIA24 line, I think. Do you know the other ingredients in the sunscreen perchance? I've had struggles with hyperpigmentation and melasma (though my melasma was mild and confined to one small patch) so I have to have a super-UVA blocking sunscreen.)

Hi flitcraft,

Here are the ingredients as posted on the NIA24 website:

100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.45%, Zinc Oxide 3.6%
Inactive Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Water, Octyldodecyl, Neopentanoate, Myristyl Nicotinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclotridecane, Maltol, Pentadecalactone, Dimethiconol, Polysilicone-11, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Phenoxyethanol, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limoene, Linalool

Looks like their Eye Repair Complex has been released too..
http://www.nia24.com/ecc/prd.cfm?id=9
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Why would anyone try them if this can result?

Because it seems that there is nothing to lose. Shock

avalange, I am very glad for you that your skin is much better now.
I still have (after more then one year pass) some weird lines under my right eye. When I look at them under some angle, they remind me a dehydrated desert Sad But my main concern is a small swollen area of the skin (sorry for my English) just beneath the right eye socket. It's still there and you can also see it just from some angles. Sometimes I even seem to feel it but I cannot explain actually what is it.. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange,
What were you hoping to achieve with CP's if your skin was already flawless and poreless?

It seems with skin that is already in a wonderful state - less is best. You are lucky that it is coming back.

I too have read a wide range of reports on CP's - from great improvement to terrible and almost non-reversible Uglies!
mgrace
5% products discount

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I saw your post about the orange peel/bumpy skin texture from CPs. I did 2 IPL (intense pulsed light) "treatments" and ended up with the same result, along with fat depletion around my eyes so I warn people against it. Olay pro-x for eyes is surprisingly good and I've been doing the retin-A, CE Ferulic, and glycolic also which helps.
I'm wondering about the facial massage you mentioned -- where would I find information on that? Also the rose otto/rosehip oil blend? Is that the same as the Weleda brand capsules? I try not to look back and regret but I'm still trying to restore my skin....everything is helping though!! Thank you for sharing.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |