Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Success Stories - 10 Years Yonger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to hear from anyone who has had success at improving your skin care and looking 10 years younger as a result. Have others said you look 10 years younger? Do you think you do? What did you do or use that you think contributed to that the most?

I'm 31, and if I could look like I'm in my early twenties again I would be absolutely ecstatic. I don't know if that's possible, but close even would be great. I don't have deep wrinkles yet or anything, just smile folds, uneven skin tone, very fine/dry lines only when I smile and only if I look really close. And of course unquantifiable changes that happen like less volume and all. Besides for physical changes, I really think that attitude really plays a big role in how old and healthy you appear. Happier and positive people come off as seeming younger.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
The older you are, the easier the "ten years younger" thing is. I'm in my late fifties and can pass for late forties, but when I was in my thirties, I doubt I could have passed for ten years younger. I presume that no one in their twenties wants to look like a teenybopper!

For me, the important thing is looking like the best version of me. And you're right--being happy and healthy gives a glow that no makeup or potions can replace!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm sure no one wants to look like a teen. Once an adult you'll always look like an adult. Laughing

I say 10 years though because looking at pictures of myself 5 years ago I really don't look any different. It was only in my early twenties that I didn't have any of these fine lines and smile folds. Does anyone else in their thirties get passed for being in their twenties?
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
my yoga teacher looks like thirty sth, but he's already 48, I think yoga and meditation do help !
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
I'd like to hear from anyone who has had success at improving your skin care and looking 10 years younger as a result. Have others said you look 10 years younger? Do you think you do? What did you do or use that you think contributed to that the most?

I think 'genes' play the biggest part to how we age, then lifestyle and our particular skin care regimes come secondly.

I've always looked younger than the clock says, and didn't do much aging at all till menopause kicked in at 50. For me, from 50 to 55 was a rude awakening when I looked in the mirror.. Shock Shock Shock

Then I found EDS, and for the first time in my life really got serious about taking care of my skin.

Long story short, what I learned here has turned back the hands of time to where I am constantly assumed to be my grandchildren's mother + my kid's sister!!!!....YIPPEEEE YAYY... Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm also on the slim side, and dress 'young', so that in itself gives a youthful appearance.

All in all, not bad for someone who can spit over to 57.

What do I think contributes to my looking younger????

#1. Great genes + jeans... Laughing

#2. Seldom wore makeup ever....(so big reduction in chemicals all the way around, and no need for harsh cleansers)

#3. Consistently protected myself from the sun from age 35..(wish I knew then, what I know now!)

#4. I alternate using C serum, anti-oxidant serum and just introduced Retin-A recently. I don't use any of it every single day, and always have at least 1 day a week without any product at all. (All but Retin-A is homemade, with a minimum of preservatives and harsh chemicals.)

#5. And last but not least, you guessed it; my trusty LED's... (I also whipped out the Derma Wand I've been neglecting the last few months, and was reminded of the nice eye lift it gives..Just wish I had more time for it!)
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't look my age at 55. Most people think I am around 40.

I agree with many of you and evenet you and I are the same wave length. Being an avid yoga person, yoga helps take away the negative energy (stress) out of your body face. Being inverted in yoga in my opinion also helps with gravity I believe.

Genes play a huge part. My father had gorgeous skin up until the day he died four years ago, and I inherited his skin. Oily people like me have to battle the oils but I would much rather battle the oils then wrinkles.

Retin A is still the gold standard in skin care I believe and despite all the other products I use, this and Vitamin C are the biggest part of keeping my face more youthful.

And last but not least sunscreen every day. I wish I would have known this 35 years ago as I laid on the beach baking in the sun with baby oil waiting for my skin to blister, burn and then maybe tan if I was lucky.
julesee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I've just stumbled across a member raving about flexeffect facial exercise programme. I looked on their website and I must say I was very impressed (if the before and after pictures are anything to go by). Has any one got any feedback on this, I'm from the UK and I think it a USA based product. I love to hear any stories good, or bad, as I thinking of purchasing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my two cents.
I think like you all say it's a combination of things. Genes plays a large role, but if you haven't taken care of you skin, that wouldn't help. But if you have good genes you can hold back the hands of time with:
1. sunscreen
2. retinols
3. exercise - sometimes
4 eat well - 3 or 4 days a week
5. think positive - in many ways you get the face you earn. I lot of nasty thoughts and actions will show up on your face.

I'm 59 and my friend is 44. I was in a hospital emergency room, waiting to be seen, and people were comng from behind the desk to see the 59 year old woman who looked to be in her thirties. I don't think I look that young, but my skin I must say is flawless. No lines, no crows feet, no 11 lines, no nasal folds, no laugh lines. I have lost a little volume in my top lip. I love skincare, and I am really interested in some kind of career where I could show people how to do it right.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
jackiet_mcc wrote:
Here's my two cents.
I think like you all say it's a combination of things. Genes plays a large role, but if you haven't taken care of you skin, that wouldn't help. But if you have good genes you can hold back the hands of time with:
1. sunscreen
2. retinols
3. exercise - sometimes
4 eat well - 3 or 4 days a week
5. think positive - in many ways you get the face you earn. I lot of nasty thoughts and actions will show up on your face.

I'm 59 and my friend is 44. I was in a hospital emergency room, waiting to be seen, and people were comng from behind the desk to see the 59 year old woman who looked to be in her thirties. I don't think I look that young, but my skin I must say is flawless. No lines, no crows feet, no 11 lines, no nasal folds, no laugh lines. I have lost a little volume in my top lip. I love skincare, and I am really interested in some kind of career where I could show people how to do it right.

jackiet, I must say I envy you! Shock
You`re almost twice my age having no lines, and I being 30 already have slight crows feet, 11s, nasal folds and laugh lines!
I`ve never been a sun-worshipper, however have had some sunburns in my younger years, and yes, it is in fact 1 year when I started to take care of my skin seriously. Before that I had used only basic moisturizers and sunscreen only at the seaside. Rolling Eyes
I hope now I will be able to slow down the time at least a little?! Eh?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
and jackiet, what about vit.C? are you using it??
and what retinols are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell - Jackie - what it is you are using!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
For some odd reason most people tend to think that they look (and behave) much younger than everybody else who are the same age. Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
For some odd reason most people tend to think that they look (and behave) much younger than everybody else who are the same age. Think

Laughing Laughing I often say that I feel and look younger than my peers Laughing Laughing. I am fully aware that that's likely not true, but I still like to think that I look younger Rolling Eyes . And I can't help it, but I simply don't feel 43 years old Cool.

(I am slimmer and more fit than most of my friends, so that's one area where I have advantage over them Very Happy .)

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
julesee wrote:
I've just stumbled across a member raving about flexeffect facial exercise programme. I looked on their website and I must say I was very impressed (if the before and after pictures are anything to go by). Has any one got any feedback on this, I'm from the UK and I think it a USA based product. I love to hear any stories good, or bad, as I thinking of purchasing.

I just saw your post and I have been using the flexeffect Program for over a year. I can not say enough good things about my results with this program. It has given me just short of a facelift. When I say that I realize that everyone's experience to any product or program can be different due to age, skin type, and time of use and consistency. At 52 I needed a major kick in my skincare program to ward off the aging. This program not only did that, but it also reversed this issue. After a year I bought a LED light, and then got into a strong skincare program with actives from skinactives. In short, I no longer feel a plastic surgeon will be needed in my future. I really like the natural, but effective approach to aging skin.I feel very grateful to the forum here, otherwise I would still be ignorante of help for my skin. I owe a special thanks to Bethany, Kassy, Mpstat, and others for their research and testimony of their LED lights. The LED light is a very important addition to the facial exercises. I am not sure where I would be today without this forum and flexeffect, probably under the knife Shock

5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm 37... several months ago I went into surg. at 6 in the morning... NO makeup... The nurse checking me in went through my chart... got to my age and said... "Are you really 36?" (just prior to my 37th? Birthday.) She said... "you look younger than me... I think she was in her late 20's... maybe early 30's ( can't remember.... my brain is getting old...LOL!)

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |