Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cancer - is Fungus
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Here is another article about recent studies verifying the immune boosting qualities of SGS found in broccoli.

I like this website very much and read it often. Lots of info about natural alternatives that you won't see in mainstream news and magazines.

http://www.naturalnews.com/023994.html
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Several quotes from one of the articles on pH balance:
http://clearyournails.com/body-pH-and-toenail-fungus.html

When the pH of your body becomes out of balance by becoming too acidic, you will become more susceptible to Fungal, Bacterial and Viral Infections. The pH of the body can be controlled by the food we consume.
acidic, anaerobic (lacking oxygen) body environment encourages the breeding of fungus, mold, bacteria, and viruses. Let's look at an example. If we were to seal the door to our freezer and then unplug it, come back and open the door in two weeks, what would we find? Mold, bacteria, microscopic bugs. Things will be growing and multiplying. Where did they all come from? They did not sneak in - remember the door was sealed. The answer is . . . "they were always there".
Without adequate oxygenation, unfriendly bacteria, viruses, molds, and fungus can live and prosper. Then our cells cannot carry on their life-giving functions in a very efficient manner because our biological chemical reactions need oxygen.

Life and death are in the biological terrain and the battle cry here is to reclaim your biological terrain. This is so important that some practitioners working with the inner biological terrain and its implications to the health of our bodies are beginning to say "There are no specific diseases, only specific disease conditions, and there is only one disease. And that one disease is acidosis."

The human body is very intelligent. As we become more and more acidic the body starts to set up defense mechanisms to keep the damaging acid from entering our vital organs. It is known that acid gets stored in fat cells.
Many people have found that a return to a healthy inner biological terrain helps them to lose excess fat.
When your body is pH balanced, it is full of vitality. You will find that you have increased energy, mental clarity, and you will even notice that your skin has regained that healthy glow. The process of re-establishing pH balance begins with proper eating habits and nutrition.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
We used the Johanna Budwig protocol at our house when my DH was diagnosed 4 years ago with mantle cell lymphoma. His favourite was and still is the 'muesli' recipe. We love it!

You know that the cure for cancer exists, is known, and likely easy, but will not see the light of day here as the economy would completely collapse....there are a lot of powers in place that will see to it that this continent at least, maintains the status quo on this issue for a long time to come.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Dahli - did Johanna Budwig protocol help your husband's condition, and in which way?
synergie

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Studies of the compound in broccoli responsible for this cancer tumor inhibition have been done by John Hopkins University. It's called SGS, sulforaphane glucosinolate, and is most concentrated in broccoli sprouts. They actually sell the sprouts at grocery stores (Broccosprouts I think is the name). Or you can buy supplements with SGS in them. I take one called Vital Immunity. This is just one article about SGS.

[/quote]

How funny! I was going to respond to the guy drinking the broccoli juice. When I was volunteering as an undergrad at Hopkins, my friend and I were asked to run around town to the grocery stores to pick up the broccoli sprouts for those very same researchers Smile We were both pre-med bio (of sorts) majors so of course we made it a point to quiz them and read their papers. Sadly, I still can't bring myself to eat broccoli (sprout or otherwise), but I'm working on it Smile
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
synergie wrote:
boski wrote:
Studies of the compound in broccoli responsible for this cancer tumor inhibition have been done by John Hopkins University. It's called SGS, sulforaphane glucosinolate, and is most concentrated in broccoli sprouts. They actually sell the sprouts at grocery stores (Broccosprouts I think is the name). Or you can buy supplements with SGS in them. I take one called Vital Immunity. This is just one article about SGS.

How funny! I was going to respond to the guy drinking the broccoli juice. When I was volunteering as an undergrad at Hopkins, my friend and I were asked to run around town to the grocery stores to pick up the broccoli sprouts for those very same researchers Smile We were both pre-med bio (of sorts) majors so of course we made it a point to quiz them and read their papers. Sadly, I still can't bring myself to eat broccoli (sprout or otherwise), but I'm working on it Smile

Hi synergie...that is funny that you were sprout wranglers Laughing .

Unfortunately I can't eat the sprouts either, because it's like $3 for a small carton, and that adds up day after day. The pill form is much more economical though still expensive. You could probably sprout your own if you are diligent to pick them precisely on day 3. I'm too lazy. Luckily, I love broccoli too! But no way could I eat a pound of it a day to equal the amount of SGS in a little sprouts.
synergie

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
What is all this stuff about pH balance? What do they test? Isn't physiological pH 7.4? (Of blood I think) and it varies based on which body compartment you're looking in? What is measured in these tests?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Synergie - pH balance testing discussed in this thread is in regard to urine test, and some to saliva test. Definitely blood test is preferable, but it is not realistic to do blood pH test every day, while urine test can be done several times a day.

Most people have abnormal acidic pH, e.g. acidosis. The tests are done to monitor the pH, and take corrective measures accordingly. Corrective measures include diet and supplements that bring body pH into normal range.

Here are links to sites with info on pH balance:
http://www.vaxa.com/736.cfm - scroll down, and read pH info, do not pay attention to the product advertised
http://www.snyderhealth.com/phmiracle.htm - MACrisis provided a link to this site earlier in the thread
http://clearyournails.com/body-pH-and-toenail-fungus.html - it is an overall pH article, not about toenails
synergie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sending the sites. They were interesting,not terribly informative though. They all talk about this thing called "acid" and how its all bad. Ummm what kind of acid? Amino acids are acids as well and they're what we're made up of. Not one of them defines an acid in any of the commonly held terminology. pH according to every prof I've ever had and every physiology book I've got on me(and that's quite a few)is due to Hydrogen ions. Metabolic and respiratory processes keep the pH at a physiological level. I don't get where food enters into the equation. Does it get past the GI? It is broken down by HCl in the stomach (acid) and by alakaline materials in the intestines (Bile) so how does monitoring your urine make your healthier? I guess if you've got some form of gout, where you're actually building up uric acid crystals but are there more disorders where there is a build up of acids and bases?

eek. I'm going to go look it up in my path book. I honestly don't remember anyone other than my pharmacology professor and physiology profs talking about acid and bases so much, but mostly in a respiratory and kidney diseases. Acidity of urine is controlled in that organ alone, is this merely a way of closely monitoring kidney function? And can't dilution of the urine due to hydration levels affect the pH?

This diagnosis by pH seems a little too simplistic, and those sites don't seem terribly grounded in science, either that or they're seriously dumbing it down for the "general" public.

For those of you who subscribe to this philosophy, what do your physicians say? Do you notice that you feel better? Is this a placebo effect? Or the effect of some sort of harmony between many other factors? (like, are you paying attention to pH and then eating healthier, drinking more water and exercising at the same time.)

I'm all curious now Smile (and yes I should be going back to hitting those books above, i've got a huge exam is the previously mentioned subjects) Very Happy

Synergie
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat we used it along with other alkaline producing foods Smile ate organic, juiced like crazy people and worked on the stress and he's right as rain these days....
But it's hard to know if that helped or what exactly made the difference.... All I know is there were no side effects and it tasted good, so we went with it.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
mpstat we used it along with other alkaline producing foods Smile ate organic, juiced like crazy people and worked on the stress and he's right as rain these days....
But it's hard to know if that helped or what exactly made the difference.... All I know is there were no side effects and it tasted good, so we went with it.

Dahli - this is awesome! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
synergie wrote:

This diagnosis by pH seems a little too simplistic, and those sites don't seem terribly grounded in science, either that or they're seriously dumbing it down for the "general" public.

There are a number of resources on this via google. One of the most basic (and related to skincare) is this book. I found it intriguing and thought it might be contributing to my systemic candida infection, but my saliva turned out to be more alkakine. I am going to test my blood next time I have blood work done though.

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Aging-Start-Living-Revolutionary/dp/0307382362

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add a couple of bits to this thread, as it is something I am very interested in. I am a bit short for time, so please excuse my brevity!

1. someone mentioned about all the fish and other "good" foods on the acidic lists... I don't think anyone addressed this yet... Just because something is acidic, does not mean you should not eat it, rather you should combine it with other foods that have low acidity (ie alkalie foods) to offset. For example, asparagus is alkakie so it is good to put with dinner if the other items are acidic.
You soon get the hang of it!

2. For those who cannot stand their "greens" drinks, check out some of the online shops that sell health foods from Japan. Over here those drinks (called Ao-jiru in Japanese.. literally blue soup, but then the Japanese often call green stuff blue) are absolutely disgusting but people have drunk them for decades for their health benefits.

Nowadays some companies make them in tablet form, which is what I use. I take a 100% kale version. Otherwise you can sprinkle your powder with some kinako (powdered soy) and black sesame powder and honey into plain yoghurt. that is yummy. I also heard of people who make ao-jiru and kinako milkshakes.

3. One thing that I recommend above ANYTHING is ume (plum) extract (bai-niku in Japanese). You can get this as a thick black liquid or variuos tablet forms. Not only does bainiku reduce the body's acidity but it also helps the movement of blood (helps corrected the thickening, slow flow of blood in the body). This has obvious health benefits, but also helps to lesson shoulder ache (if caused by poor circulation) and general well being (not as tired). This is the one suppliment I would never give up.

OK, I have to get back to it. Look forward to reading more on this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim - thank you for your recommendations. Do you have any suggestions on where to get ume plum extract in US? … any particular brand?

We do not need to completely abandon acidic foods (given that the majority of people are acidic). As I understand that during the recovery period ratio should be 80% alkaline + 20% acidic. Once the pH range is normalized, maintenance ratio is 60% alkaline + 40% acidic. Of cause these recommendations should be adjusted individually, based on the one's pH situation.

From this prospective, as tiger_tim suggested, eating some acidic food (fish for example) with lots of alkaline green salad is a way to go.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
While educating myself on pH balace I realized that there are lots of conflicting information.

Conflicting Information

pH Food Charts
I was looking at different pH Food Charts, and noticed conflicting information from different sources. While some foods are categorized the same across all the charts, other types of the food categorized differently. For example a food on chart A listed as alkaline, and on chart B listed as acidic.

pH Testing Sticks
I got two different brands of pH sticks to test saliva and urine. I just started doing the testing, and need to do more, but it looks like these two brands produce somewhat different results. I tested with two pH sticks simultaneously, and expected to see pretty much the same results, but it was not the case. hmm

pH Urine/Saliva Ranges
While all the sources quote the same healthy blood pH values, they differ in healthy ranges for urine/saliva testing. On top of it some consider urine pH more important then saliva, and others consider saliva pH more important then urine.

I have seen the following recommended healthy urine pH ranges:
A) 6.5 - 7.5, B) 6.75 -7.0, C) 6.0 - 7.0. (Explanations provided for 6.0-7.0 pH range made the most sense to me)

Average pH Formulas
Because of different urine vs. saliva emphasis, formulas to compute average pH balance also differ from source to source.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to try this Budwig regimen for a long time, but cannot find an organic cottage cheese. Can anyone tell me what store has it? Thanks.
fitmama
5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... I'd like to recommend the following books... as they are backed by quite a bit of science... and appear to help prevent/reverse much disease...

Eat to Live
Green for Life...
The China Study (I'm just starting this... AMAZING!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been discussing pH reading issues with a good friend of mine from EDS forum. And she drew my attention to a very important pH balance twist, which can be summarized as:
Over acidity might mask its appearance in alkaline pH readings.

As contradictory as it seems below is an explanation to this phenomenon, I typed from a book I am currently reading:

Interpreting Your Readings
Remember that your body uses build-in mechanisms to restore balance. If you primarily test acidic (for example, 6.2) and occasionally test alkaline (for example, 8.0), that typically means that your body is dumping minerals from your bones or muscles to compensate for acidity. In other words, even when you test alkaline, it is often a sign of acidity. If you always seem to test alkaline, particularly highly alkaline (around 8.0), it is usually a sign that your body is consistently dumping minerals from your bones or muscles to nullify excessive acidity.

Urine Testing
Urine testing is more accurate then saliva testing.... It is best done first thing in the morning, any time after 4:00 am....Ideally your saliva should be between 7.0 and 7.4, while your urine should be around 6.8

Taking all these into consideration formulas that take pH reading over the course of the day might not produce accurate result. Seeing alkaline readings might not be a reason to think that one's pH is OK, but might be a reason to get alarmed. And the best way to test pH is to test urine first thing in the morning.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I have been told to measure the urine pH - 1st thing in the morning, and right before going to sleep.

The source of that info is a PhD in Biochemistry and had taught at one of the good US Med Schools, so I tend to trust him.

There is also some research that shows that certain type of coral calcium helps to bring pH to the correct level.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
There are ways to normalize pH with diet and supplemets. I got mineral supplemets for this purpose, there are also green drinks.

The problem with evening readings that they might not reflect the pH balance reality, and show an "alkaline dump".

I tested this situation on several occasions and a typical scenario looks like follows:
1. Eat acidic food for lunch such as chicken.
2. Test urine pH in the evening. Results are over alkaline because of the "alkaline dump" in body's attempt to neutralise over acidic body situation.
3. Test urine the next morning. Results are over acidic.
4. Conclusion over acidic pH masked as alkaline pH reading on the evening of acidic food intake. Accurate acidic pH body reading in the morning.
fitmama
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey... I'm further into the China Study... HUGE!!!

They are talking about how animal protein seems to effect cancer growth (too much = tumor growth. little to none = tumor shrinkage!!!!)... large study... statistically significant with high correlations...

I have much more to read...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
For pH balance animal protein is listed on all charts as VERY acidic!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Want to provide an update. I have been watching my pH balance and making sure that I am not acidic most of the time. I thought that I was eating quite healthy, but now I made a point to eat super healthy to support proper pH balance.

To my surprise I lost some weight, and I did not limit my food intake. I was a slim person already, and was not looking to lose any weight. My experience confirms that just by regulating pH balance one can lose weight.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat, any thoughts on where to buy pH strips now that you have tried a couple of types?

I am planning to do a major major "fungus eridication" at the start of the year, and want to get everything ordered so that I can start off the New Year off right. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bathany - I get Vaxa pH strips from iHerb: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=2543646390919767119&at=0

They sell 100 strips for $16.20, while the same strips in my health food store go 30 strips for $15, so iHerb has a good deal. There are pH Ion Stix at SnyderHealth: http://shop.snyderhealth.com/index.php?category=ph-test-strips

Vaxa strips are larger, and easier to read, I found myself using Vaxa pH strips almost exclusively.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |