Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New rice extract appears to stimulate collagen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tesse
5% products discount

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Stimulating collagen synthesis: New rice extract may hold anti-aging key
Publish date: Jun 1, 2008 Dermatology Times
By: John Jesitus

International report — A new rice extract (Aquarize IS, Vincience) has been shown to stimulate collagen synthesis and, therefore, can be highly useful in antiaging skincare products, a recent study shows.

"We keep searching for new ideas and new methods of extraction of known plants in order to improve the activity of the extracts," says Nouha Domloge, M.D., research director of Vincience's ISP Global Skin Research Center in Sophia Antipolis, France.

For Aquarize IS, she says, "Our studies demonstrate that this extract contains remarkable antiaging molecules that enhance collagen synthesis, as well as other molecules essential for skin structure."

Dr. Domloge says experts attribute structural changes occurring in aging skin mainly to modifications of the dermal compartment; in particular, modifications in collagen I and III, which are the main targets of physiological aging and photoaging.

Collagen I and III play a key role in maintaining the skin's structural integrity, as well as in tissue remodeling, wound healing, cell adhesion and cell migration, she says.

Therefore, Dr. Domloge says that restoring the collagen network appears to be a crucial step in antiaging strategies for the skin.

To that end, Vincience tested the activity of its new rice extract on collagen I and III expression in cultured human dermal fibroblasts and in skin biopsies.

Immunoblotting studies conducted on human fibroblasts showed that treatment with a 1 percent concentration of the rice extract for 48 hours enhanced collagen I synthesis by 42 percent. Furthermore, the treatment boosted collagen III synthesis by 110 percent, Dr. Domloge tells Dermatology Times.

Immunostaining experiments on cultured human fibroblasts confirmed the foregoing results. These tests showed increases in collagen I and III synthesis when researchers treated the cells with 1 percent and 3 percent concentrations of the rice extract for 24 and 48 hours, she says.

Similarly, immunostaining of ex vivo human skin treated for 24 and 48 hours with a 1 percent concentration of the rice extract revealed an enhancement of collagen expression in the skin samples versus control skin samples.

"The expected clinical implications of this product would be an antiaging effect, with a decrease in skin wrinkles and improvement of skin morphology and tonicity," Dr. Domloge says.

At press time, Vincience was planning studies to analyze these effects. The studies likely would take place between late 2008 and mid-2009, Dr. Domloge says.

Also pending are results from studies attempting to further quantify the effect of Aquarize IS-induced increases in collagen expression and synthesis.

"We expect to have the results of the studies in a few months," she says, "so we can give an estimation of the improvement to interested clients."

Vincience launched the product in mid-April at In-Cosmetics, Amsterdam. "We expect it to be available in commercial products soon, as we have strong demand for antiaging agents," Dr. Domloge says.

Once the product is on the market, she says, "We expect the enhancement of skin quality to last at least until the time of skin turnover — about a month."

Dr. Domloge says, "Best results of the antiaging active ingredients were seen with twice-daily application."

Accordingly, Vincience advises using the rice extract in both day and night skincare products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Immunoblotting studies conducted on human fibroblasts showed that treatment with a 1 percent concentration of the rice extract for 48 hours enhanced collagen I synthesis by 42 percent. Furthermore, the treatment boosted collagen III synthesis by 110 percent, Dr. Domloge tells Dermatology Times.

Now this sounds like it would be perfect to apply after dermarolling!

Based on their website verbiage, it looks like they are classifying this as a moisturizer.

Quote:
Aquarize IS™

INCI
Water (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Hydrolyzed Rice Extract

Description
Anti-aging skin-moisturizing rice extract with clinically proven efficacy on short-term and long term hydration of the skin

http://online1.ispcorp.com/en-US/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?BU=Personal%20Care&l1=Function&l2=Vincience%20Actives&prodName=Aquarize%20IS%E2%84%A2&prdId=53194

So where do we get some?? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I am with Bethany, very intriguing, where do you buy??????
Tesse
5% products discount

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know where to get it either, but add me to the list!!!
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm definitely in. Bethany please keep count of all of us Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:

Sure thing...let me get right on that! Very Happy

Idea Actually, I was thinking about sending an email to Jen at Lotioncrafter.com and asking if she could carry this.

Editing to add: DONE. I'll let you know what Jen says.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I want some too Very Happy
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
.. Shock
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
oops triple posted
Tesse
5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't find a source for Hydrolyzed Rice Extract, but I noticed a product called Komenuka Bijin has it as a main ingredient.
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse wrote:
I couldn't find a source for Hydrolyzed Rice Extract, but I noticed a product called Komenuka Bijin has it as a main ingredient.

do u think its just as good?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Is this anything like the pitera in SK-II which is reported to erase lines and spots? Supposedly discovered when monks working with sake noticed how young their hands look!! (How's that for spin, but as I recall it did seem to make my skin softer anyway.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
"treatment with a 1 percent concentration of the rice extract for 48 hours"
Idea alrighty then...sticking face in bowl of rice for 2 days. Cheap but,remember to come up for air.

Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
platinumrose wrote:

Sure thing...let me get right on that! Very Happy

Idea Actually, I was thinking about sending an email to Jen at Lotioncrafter.com and asking if she could carry this.

Editing to add: DONE. I'll let you know what Jen says.

Jen said she would look into it, but I haven't heard anything else from her on it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Any new news on this topic?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Any new news on this topic?

No...it might help if some other people contact Lotioncrafter and ask for them to carry it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Done... I emailed them
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to know about this. Thanks. Wink
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I e-mailed Lotioncrafters.com and the reply I got is:

You might take a look at Colhibin as they are probably very similar in their activity:

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/store/COLHIBIN-pr-16612.html

Regards,

Lotioncrafter
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
HERE IS THE DESCRIPTION OF LOTIONCRATERS.COM PROCUCT:

COLHIBIN
CAS: 94350-05-7
COLHIBIN is a biological, rice-derived inhibitor of collagenase. Collagenases, also known as Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMP), are important factors for early skin aging. The impressive collagen protecting properties of COLHIBIN are proven by several exvivo studies on human MMP-1 and MMP-2 and its in-vivo efficacy is proven by a skin roughness study. Today skin is more and more stressed by the environmental conditions, COLHIBIN sets a new standard in reventing the skin from these stress factors. COLHIBIN is the result of a carefully isolated fraction of natural rice peptides. Rice has a very long and valuable tradition in human nutrition and COLHIBIN brings the vital properties of rice grains to our skin.

Skin is exposed to a great deal of stress, particularly ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun can lead to severe alterations and damage of skin cells and the extracellular matrix. This photodamage results in wrinkling, loss of thickness, increased fragility and premature aging. The changes in the skin are normally slow but persistent and begin to take place already at suberythemal doses of UV-irradiation. The destruction is therefore hardly remarked in the beginning. The UV-provoked induction of collagen degradation is derived from collagenases that are released in excess by skin cells like keratinocytes or fibroblasts. This is part of a natural defense reaction of the cells. In general, inflammatory skin disorders can increase the action of collagenase in the skin but it is also known that excessive collagenase is causing irritation and inflammation. These mechanisms have been demonstrated several times by skin research groups. Since slight irritations happen very frequently or they are permanently present, the activity of collagenase gets stepwise out of balance and leads to the breakdown of connective tissue. In particular the destruction of collagen results in the signs of skin aging, visible in the formation of wrinkles and decreasing elasticity. COLHIBIN is able to block the very damaging effect of collagenases induced by sun radiation, namely the collagen breakdown. For this reason, COLHIBIN represents a milestone in maintaining and restoring the collagen homeostasis of the skin and is ideally used as an anti-aging ingredient that is also able to elevate the moisture content of the skin.

COLHIBIN is a plant (rice) derived ingredient which protects the skin from the collagen degrading effects of collagenases induced either by UV-radiation or other skin irritants. Thereby, COLHIBIN helps to delay early skin aging, characterized by degeneration of matrix proteins, wrinkle formation, reduced elasticity and skin dryness. More advantages of COLHIBIN are taken from its moisturizing effect. For this reason, COLHIBIN is the ideal component for anti-aging products and is an excellent ingredient for the creation of new concepts for sun- and environmental stress protection formulations.

Incorporation: COLHIBIN® can be processed either warm (< 70°C/158°F) or cold, and is incorporated into the water phase of a cosmetic formulation. COLHIBIN® is stable in the pH-range of 5.0 to 8. In formulations, COLHIBIN® is compatible with ethanol at concentrations of up to 20%.
Recommended Usage Rate: 2-5%
Appearance: Clear to slightly turbid, yellowish to amber solution
Solubility: Water soluble
pH: 5.3 - 6.3
Preservative: Phenonip at 0.5%
Storage: COLHIBIN should be stored in the original sealed containers protected from light in a clean and cool place at a preferred temperature between 2° and 8°C (35° - 46°F). In order to avoid secondary microbial contamination after opening, containers should be handled with special care. If stored under the recommended conditions, COLHIBIN remains stable for at least three years.

INCI: Hydrolyzed Rice Protein

This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.

Click here to access Technical Data Sheet and MSDS.

Disclaimer
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I wonder why she didn't recommend that I look at that?? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Is rice germ oil the same as the hydrolyzed rice protein? If so, Ren has a new product out with rice germ oil called Sirtuin Phytohormone Replenishing Cream.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
We might be able to order a sample from here:

http://online1.ispcorp.com/en-US/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?BU=Personal%20Care&l1=Function&l2=Vincience%20Actives&prodName=Aquarize%20IS%C3%A2%E2%80%9E%C2%A2&prdId=53194

Haven't fully investigated the situation yet though.
havana8

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
The Colhibin before and after human skin transversal section images are impressive...
http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/Colhibin%20product%20description.pdf
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the Colhibin from Lotion Crafters (thanks for the link Sherry). According to the link posted by Havana8 it can just be combined with water and glycerin to make a serum - sounds good to me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |