Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Puffy Eyes and bags
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,
this is a spinoff from other topics related to conceal the puffy eyes/bags underneath the eyes. I'm still advocating that Lauren Hutton makeup is working great for me in diminishing the appearance, since i read so much about Phytomer eye cream, I broke down Bad Grin the other day and when i reordered my Obagi Clear through EDS i also got the Phytomer eye cream.
It arrived here on Saturday so it's only the second day that i use it. I'm willing to give it a try and see how it goes. I really like the fact that the tube is really big Razz as far as eye creams go...used to those little tubes that don't last very long and i also like the texture. So far i've been putting on as the last step after the obagi regimen.
I think i read somewhere from one of you that after a month the bags were practically gone.
Hope that happens...i'll keep posted.
Trish
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Trish,

I am loving the Lauren Hutton Face Disc. It give my face a soft glow. The light concealer it awesome!!

Can you please tell me how you apply it for bags? Lauren shows you how to use the disc for above the eye fat deposits. Need a tad of help with lower eye application.

Thanks,
Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Trish,

I hadn't noticed before you mentioned it that the tube of the Phytomer Eye Contour Cream was 30ml, so will have to keep that in mind next time I order eye cream! Wink Very Happy

How are you finding it for bags and dark circles ? It hasn't been a month yet but I'm holding out for your results. Razz I use the Phytomer Lift Contour eye cream which is in a 15ml jar, and I really love the texture as it's a cream/gel, and is non-greasy so doesn't cause havoc with my contact lenses. I'm just wondering if the eye cream you're using has a traditional cream texture (quite heavy) or if it's lighter in texture then most ?

Summertimegirl Smile
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
We have had several disussions here about my dark circles over the summer.

My sister told me I needed an eye lift. I broke down and bought the 15mL Phytomer Lift Contour Eye cream and it is FABULOUS!!!!!! I love it and it was so worth the $65 I spent. A little goes a long way so the jar will last about 4 months I figure.

Last week my sister volunterialy said how good my eyes looked and that the dark circles were gone. She couldn't believe it!!!!

So, I strongly recommend this product
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Miss Shoes!!! I am looking forward to how it works for Trish. Being in communication with Trish we have a very similiar problem with our eyes. Those darn bags. Mine are much firmer but still have the puffies.

Sounds really interesting!!! PLEASE keep us posted on the results of this product.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of this and shall be trying it shortly Smile I've read good things about it in the past and have been tempted but could not drag myself away from the Cellcosmet one. Then along came the Babor one (which was also great) and that has just finished. Now it's Phytomer's turn and then Eminence Very Happy Then it's back to Cellcosmet (I'm being stingy with it Embarassed ).
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Hi Trish,

I am loving the Lauren Hutton Face Disc. It give my face a soft glow. The light concealer it awesome!!

Can you please tell me how you apply it for bags? Lauren shows you how to use the disc for above the eye fat deposits. Need a tad of help with lower eye application.

Thanks,
Winnie

How do you use it for upper eye fat deposits?

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Upper eye is the easy part Judy. LH has this nifty powder you just dab on that little fat deposit some of us mature woman get in the corner of our upper eye. You use this same powder to straighten your nose or shorten it. The powder is so light. After you are done with LH instructions, it all comes together and you look BEAUTIFUL. The light concealer is my favorite product in the disc. It totally lightens up any shadows on your face. For those who have dark circles this would be awesome. I am not good at explaining this product that is why I posted a link under AquaPress.

I would highly recommend getting her brushes. The brushes are color coded to the disc. Also if you never shopped on HSN and want it I have a code to get $15.00 off first order. Very Happy

JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie...

Could you give me that link again? I somehow can't locate it.

Are you saying "power", not powder? Not understanding that, but maybe I will if I follow the link.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
http://laurenhutton.com/

Damn wish they had spell check on this. I type so fast and usually don't read before I send. Embarassed

Hope this link works for you.

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Judy POWDER

JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Sorry Judy POWDER

No problem. I guess you were just making a "power statement" Laughing

The Africa makeup looks like it follows somewhat the same principle as the mineral makeups. Also follows the principle that was in that article I posted earlier about having nutrients in cosmetics to nourish your face as you wear them. Might as well have those cosmetics do double duty! Very Happy

By the way, I had forgotten to ask.... how is your ankle?

JUDY

5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
try L'oreal hydrating eye cream =)
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:32 am      Reply with quote
How people get puffy eyes? Is it because drinking too much water before we went sleep?
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
How people get puffy eyes? Is it because drinking too much water before we went sleep?

I realize that it seems to make sense that drinking more water would make you have puffiness, but actually, the OPPOSITE is true.

We retain water because we are partially hydrated or our body is not getting enough water. When the body perceives water to be scarce, it holds on to the water it has. When the body knows that it is getting enough water, it releases water properly.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
yaling111 wrote:

I realize that it seems to make sense that drinking more water would make you have puffiness, but actually, the OPPOSITE is true.

We retain water because we are partially hydrated or our body is not getting enough water. When the body perceives water to be scarce, it holds on to the water it has. When the body knows that it is getting enough water, it releases water properly.JUDY

wave Hi Judy Very Happy

It has been a long time. So glad to hear from you.

Winnie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
<< Hi Judy

It has been a long time. So glad to hear from you.

Winnie

Hi Winnie....

It's hard to believe that I haven't been active on the board for over a year and I'm still occasionally getting messages from the threads I used to participate in. I even had a woman from Lufkin, Texas contact me the other day because of one of my posts about the natural facelift product and bought the package. She's attending a high school reunion in a few weeks and wanted to look her very best and was concerned about a few places on her face that were sagging just a bit.

It's good to help people. So glad to hear from you!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Please hang around? It would be nice to have someone my age to hang around EDS with. Laughing Besides, your helpful posts were missed.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you WINNE, Now I understand, that make sense to me.. Very Happy
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi, From Winnie's post it sounds like we're in the some age group. It's always get to have someone to bounce ideas of off with similar aging issues. I've learned alot since joining. Hope to see yoy around, Janet(fyi, I'm 52yo, from Tx.)
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Hi, From Winnie's post it sounds like we're in the some age group. It's always get to have someone to bounce ideas of off with similar aging issues. I've learned alot since joining. Hope to see yoy around, Janet(fyi, I'm 52yo, from Tx.)

Hi Janet....

Where in Texas? I'm from Burnet, TX in the Texas Hill Country. I live on Lake LBJ. What about you? Oh, and I'm 61, will be 62 this July.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I get puffy eyes from allergens...either something i've eaten and am reacting to, or something in the environment (dust, mold, etc.).

Just a thought to consider...your body could be telling you something.

There's a nice product from Dr. Hauschka called Eye Solace which I've used to reduce that swelling.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Judy, I live on the NW side of Houston. I do love the Hill Country, it's so pretty there. My DH went to SWTSU many years ago so the area holds a specila meaning for him too.

qbee- yes I do have allergies, and where I live it's essentially yr. round. I see a MD and also take meds for it, but it seems the older I get the bag issue gets worse, so I think some od it is aging, allergies and hereditary. thanks, Janet.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
"Judy, I live on the NW side of Houston. I do love the Hill Country, it's so pretty there. My DH went to SWTSU many years ago so the area holds a specila meaning for him too."

My daughter lives in Spring on the north side of Houston. In fact, we are going there this weekend for my granddaughter's 9th birthday party!

It's so pretty here on Lake LBJ, we sometimes have a hard time tearing ourselves away to take vacations. We go and then we're often disappointed. So, we have to choose our vacation spots carefully. Smile

JUDY

JUDY

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |