Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Whitening - Has anyone tried...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RedLipstick

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm looking for something to give me a beautiful, pale complexion like Dr. Thienna, but nothing works.

I found a website monobenzone . net and wondered if anyone has ordered from them and saw results?

Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, this sounds rather frighting to me. Sad

Quote:

Monobenzone

Chemistry:

Monobenzone is the monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone. Monobenzone occurs as a white, almost tasteless crystalline powder, soluble in alcohol and practically insoluble in water.

Pharmacology:

The topical application of monobenzone in animals increases the excretion of melanin from the melanocytes. The same action is thought to be responsible for the depigmenting effect of the drug in humans. Monobenzone may cause destruction of melanocytes and permanent depigmentation.
The histology of the skin after depigmentation with topical monobenzone is the same as that seen in vitiligo; the epidermis is normal except for the absence of identifiable melanocytes.

Therefore, monobenzone is used as a topical medicine to permanently depigment normal skin surrounding vitiliginous lesions only in patients with disseminated (greater than 50 percent of body surface area) idiopathic vitiligo.

Uses:

Monobenzone is used to treat the loss of skin color (vitiligo). It works by permanently removing color from normal skin located around skin with vitiligo. Do not use this medication for other skin color conditions (e.g., freckling, age spots, etc.).

How to use:

This medication is for use on the skin only. Apply a thin layer of the medication two or three times daily to colored skin; or use as directed by your doctor. After using this medication, the skin will be permanently affected and sensitive to sunlight. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing, or use sunscreens regularly when outdoors. It may take up to four months before the full benefit of this drug takes effect. Once the desired skin color is achieved, this medication is applied only as needed to maintain your new skin color (usually two times a week).

Side Effects:

Dry skin, burning, irritation, redness, cracking or peeling of the skin may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: rash, swelling, skin discoloration of areas not treated with this medication. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Precautions:

This medication is not recommended for use if you have the following medical conditions: freckles, increased skin color due to perfumes (berlock dermatitis), melasma of pregnancy, inflammation, skin cancer, age spots or "liver spots". Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: other skin conditions, allergies. This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.

Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

Arbutin

Arbutin is both an ester and a glycoside; a glycosylated benzoquinone extracted from bearberry plant in the genus Arctostaphylos. It inhibits tyrosinase and thus prevents the formation of melanin.

Arbutin is therefore used as a skin-lightening agent. Arbutin is also found in wheat, and is concentrated in pear skins.

Risks

Arbutin is glucosylated hydroquinone,[1] and may carry similar cancer risks,[2] although there are also claims that arbutin reduces cancer risk.[3] The German Institute of Food Research in Potsdam found that intestinal bacteria can transform arbutin into hydroquinone, which creates an environment favourable for intestinal cancer.

It is known that the body excretes 64-75% of arbutin in urine, and arbutin converted to hydroquinone has an antibacterial effect in the urinary tract, hence the use of bearberry in herbal medicine, but it is not known why this substance plays a role in cancer development.

Pricing:

MONOBENZONE 5%
4 oz Jar Price $39.99
8 oz Jar Price $69.99

MONOBENZONE 20%
4 oz Jar Selling Price $ 89.99
8 oz Jar Selling Price $ 139.99

MONOBENZONE 40%
4 oz Jar Selling Price $ 149.99
8 oz Jar Selling Price $ 209.99

MONOBENZONE 100% (powder only)
4 oz Jar Selling Price $ 239.99
8 oz Jar Selling Price $ 349.99
1 Kg Selling Price $ 1,050.00

ARBUTIN 5%
4 oz Jar Selling Price $ 250.00
8 oz Jar Selling Price $ 400.00

ARBUTIN 20%
4 oz Jar Selling Price $ 620.00
8 oz Jar Selling Price $ 880.00

http://www.monobenzone.net/4.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...as soon as I read all that info I thought Michael Jackson....why would you want to look like him????? None of the people I know who are albino like to be paper white, much less permanently removing the color from one's skin on purpose! I hate to be paranoid, but I hope this isn't a shill either...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
The first thing I thought of was Michael Jackson too!! This sounds way to risky and frightening to me, even under a doctors care. Unless you have some major skin pigmentation disorder like vitaligo and you are under a doctors care, I wouldn't even consider it. You could really mess up your face.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
I hate to be paranoid, but I hope this isn't a shill either...

You know, I didn't even think about that...it definitely could be.

I went and checked out the Dr. Thienna thing...maybe they are actually shilling that product since it appears to be less dangerous than the one listed above?

And if you look at the "after" pic of "Dr. Thienna" in the link below, SHE might be Redlipstick, lol.

http://www.thienna.com/faq.html#1

BTW, Dr. Thienna is pitching her "Natural FAIRSKIN Skin Care Method"...

It is based on managing SULFUR levels in the body...maybe the people taking MSM are on to something and they just aren't taking enough?

Be sure to check out the recommended intake levels at the link below...they are VERY high! Shock Shock Shock

Quote:
Who can use Dr. THIENNA's Natural FAIRSKIN Method?

THIENNA's FAIRSKIN Method is for everyone, no matter if you are male or female; white, olive, brown or black. And it is not just for people who want to lighten their skin color. The FAIRSKIN Method is also an effective solution for improving overall skin health and may address a variety of common skin problems such as age spots, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, sun discoloration and spotty or scarred skin.

FAIRSKIN is ideal for:
Women and men of any color who want to brighten and lighten their natural skin tone
Individuals with sun discoloration and other types of discolored skin or hyperpigmentation
Older individuals with age spots
People who experienced acne or other conditions which have resulted in dark scars
Anyone who wishes to achieve clearer, smoother and healthier skin
Whether you are looking to simply maintain your health and glowing, blemish-free skin or dramatically lighten your complexion, the FAIRSKIN Method allows you to adjust your intake of sulfur based on your desired results. FAIRSKIN personal care products and supplements work from the inside out, cleansing your body of damaging toxins and restoring the bright, smooth and youthful complexion you were meant to have.

The FAIRSKIN skin health method uses no toxic chemicals, drugs or steroids. Instead, FAIRSKIN focuses on regulating the amount of sulfur in your system as a way to control the appearance of your complexion. As an added benefit, by including smart eating and lifestyle habits, THIENNA's FAIRSKIN method helps to support your overall health as well. This unique approach to skin care is safe and gentle for the entire body. FAIRSKIN is also the only approach on the market today that supports lightening and smoothing out of your total body complexion- and not just the face or hands.

http://www.thienna.com/faq.html#1

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Dr thienna all her products are natural and use msm to get lighter skin but you have to take such hig amounts of that stuff

that mono rubbish you speak of i why anyone would want to use it i do not know but there many people who DO NOT have virtiligo and use it anyway

such as this forum

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-lightening/
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
doesnt taking huge amounts of sulphur can have negative side effects relating to heart, liver, kidney, vision problems?

and if MSM is an organic form of sulphur........doesnt taking huge doses of that cause problems? if not now but later long term?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |