Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hooray. The Viteral A finally arrived from EDS so I can make my own DIY Kassie potion. Can't wait and I will report in with results.

Sis Very Happy
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I thought I would post an update on Kassy's eye serum. WOW is all I can say. This serum has improved the look of my under eyes more dramatically in the last week than months with any other product.

Kassy you are a skin GODDESS

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I thought I would post an update on Kassy's eye serum. WOW is all I can say. This serum has improved the look of my under eyes more dramatically in the last week than months with any other product.

dang! now I have to go read everything & figure out how to do this..and hope dog doesn't get into it and glow in the dark again Rolling Eyes
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

I'm so glad it's working out for you Alley. Thanks for the kind words, and for sharing your views, I aprreciate it.

I came up with an awesome anti-oxidant cream, that you might want to tackle next... Let me know if/when you are interested.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Alley wrote:

dang! now I have to go read everything & figure out how to do this..and hope dog doesn't get into it and glow in the dark again Rolling Eyes

LMAO!

Not to worry 'marina'... I assure you, my recipe's keep radioactive isotopes to a bare minimum .... Laughing Laughing Laughing

We can start you off on easy street, with a semi-homemade brew.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Kassy bring it on sister you have filled me with confidence Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

I'll wet your whistle with the ingredients I used, and then we can take it from there with *your* specific needs in mind.

I USED:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl)
Coenzyme Q10
DMAE Bitartrate
Ferulic Acid
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)
Anti-Oxidant Booster
Every Lipid Serum (ELS)
Green Tea Extract
Algae Extract
Lactic Acid
Palm + Coconut Oils
Skinactives Base Cream
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE seperately in, before adding to the final cream.)

WHAT IT WILL DO:

Firm
Soften skin and smooth wrinkles
Increase cell turnover
Feed and nourish your skin with the best anti-oxidants available

I've been using it the past 5 nights and it's the nicest I've made to date IMO.. It sinks right in, gives a little tightnening, and makes me just want to keep feeling my face. As with all serums/lotions/creams, the best results will be achieved when applied to your warm, moist, exfoliated face...(In my humble opinion of course!)

This one will be a keeper for me ...

ETA:... If anybody is interested in making this their eye cream as well, holler out, and I'll tell you what to leave out, and what else to add!

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oooohhh that looks interesting. I was thinking of trying the anti-oxidant coffee cream from skinactives but this is way more fun. Is this something you use every night?

I have to do an inventory tonight as I am not sure what I actually have on hand. I have the DMAE ready to use from skinactives, also the matrixyl + argireline from The Personal Formulator will they work?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'm thinking of making your eye cream if I can figure this out. Were there certain things you would add/leave out at this point? Also, I am going to sound like an idiot, but how do you measure a cc?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Oooohhh that looks interesting. I was thinking of trying the anti-oxidant coffee cream from skinactives but this is way more fun. Is this something you use every night?

I have to do an inventory tonight as I am not sure what I actually have on hand. I have the DMAE ready to use from skinactives, also the matrixyl + argireline from The Personal Formulator will they work?

I've used it 5 times so far, and I am really liking the way it makes my skin look and feel.. I wanted to be sure it didn't have any ill effects before I mentioned it here, and so far so good.

I'm not sure about using the DMAE and Argereline together for an eye cream, because one is for 'firming' and the other is said to 'relax', so it might be counter productive. (Maybe someone more knowledgeable can pitch in with thoughts.) Matrixyl is certainly compatible with each of those ingredients though.

When you see exactly what you have on hand, post it, and I'll certainly tell you my thoughts, for what they're worth..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Kassy, I'm thinking of making your eye cream if I can figure this out. Were there certain things you would add/leave out at this point? Also, I am going to sound like an idiot, but how do you measure a cc?

Hi charis, please don't hesitate to ask any questions, because that is how we all learn, including me..

I measure the CC/ml with a syringe... These are available at any pharmacy (minus the needle) and come in 1, 3, 5 and even up to 50 CC's. Just ask for "a child dosing syringe"..(3 + 5 cc will be most useful!)

I'm not clear on your eye cream question, because I posted several recipe's.. Do you mean this most recent recipe? If so, I would change it up with the addition of distilled water, and leave out the MAP, Ferulic Acid, Lactic Acid.

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A: Thanks for sharing your latest recipe. I need to do one stop shopping - were you able to purchase everything from Skinactives? Also, would you mind sharing the amount of each ingredient that you used. I just received my Viterol this week - it took 4 weeks to arrive - but I am very impressed with this product. I now understand why you would want to stock up before you release your list of ingredients.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A: Thanks for sharing your latest recipe. I need to do one stop shopping - were you able to purchase everything from Skinactives? Also, would you mind sharing the amount of each ingredient that you used. I just received my Viterol this week - it took 4 weeks to arrive - but I am very impressed with this product. I now understand why you would want to stock up before you release your list of ingredients.

LOL! I learned that the hard way.. Laughing

Yes, the majority of the ingredients are available from Skinactives.. Some I have had for a while, and bought from GOW and have also used Cellbone.

I'm glad you are liking the Viterol A, it really is a wonderful product.

I'm just in the middle of 'Mr Kassy's' work report, and will post a full recipe in a couple of hours..

Because I love you brats so much, I'll do the eye serum also...

But you guys need to help me in return, and let me know what is working out, or what needs to be tweaked, or what might be down right crappola..... Very Happy

I know a ton of you are making these recipe's and reading this thread, so please share your thoughts good or bad for the benefit of all...

And thank you all so much for the confidence you've given me ... Wink

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
charis wrote:

Hi charis, please don't hesitate to ask any questions, because that is how we all learn, including me..

I measure the CC/ml with a syringe... These are available at any pharmacy (minus the needle) and come in 1, 3, 5 and even up to 50 CC's. Just ask for "a child dosing syringe"..(3 + 5 cc will be most useful!)

I'm not clear on your eye cream question, because I posted several recipe's.. Do you mean this most recent recipe? If so, I would change it up with the addition of distilled water, and leave out the MAP, Ferulic Acid, Lactic Acid.

Thank you Kassy - that helps a lot. Next question - I can't seem to figure out what SKB is? Enlighten me, please!!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream 4oz

Alpha Lipoic Acid (1 tsp)
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl) (1 cc/ml or 1/2 tube if from Skinactives)
Coenzyme Q10 (1/4 tsp)
DMAE Bitartrate (1 1/2 tsp)
Ferulic Acid (1/2 tsp)
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)(1 tsp)
Anti-Oxidant Booster (3 squirts)
Every Lipid Serum (ELS) (5 squirts)
Green Tea Extract (1/2 tsp)
Algae Extract (1/2 tsp)
Lactic Acid (5 drops)
Palm + Coconut Oils (1/2 tsp of each)
Skinactives Base Cream (4oz jar with 2 TBS removed)
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE + MAP in separately, before adding to the final cream. A heaping tsp is good.)

Everything can be added and mixed into the base cream in no particular order, EXCEPT the DMAE + MAP, which needs to be mixed separately into the SKB, and then added to the cream.. (Adding it directly to the cream with cause the cream to liquify!!!)

Just add and stir each active in one at a time, keeping the DMAE, MAP, SKB mixture, and also the Lactic Acid till the end.. If you are going to make an eye serum out of this cream as well, scoop a TBS out before adding the Lactic Acid as the final step..

The cream will be a yellowish color, and have little or no scent unless you want to add a couple of drops of essential oil.

EYE SERUM, approx. 1 oz

Mix the 1 TBS of cream you removed before adding the lactic acid, to 1 TBS of original base cream you removed at the start, and stir in 1 TBS of distilled water.. Now add a tiny pinch of DMAE powder and a couple of drops of Green Tea + Anti-Oxidant Booster....(If you want to add Argeriline, just keep it at 5% strength.)
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
charis SKB is Sea kelp bioferment - you can get it as skinactives or The Herbarie.

Kassy I need to order more stuff than I thought Mad Have you ordered SKB from The Herbarie, there is a considerable price difference. Also the oils, I know you like tropical site (can't think of the full name right now)but holy cow girl what am I going to do with all that oil Shock

I might skip the DMAE - I haven't used it for about 2 weeks and I haven't noticed any difference so I don't know if it is worth it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I get my SKB from Nanci at NCN;

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/22.html

I know the oil is a large amount, but I use it in cooking also, so it's not bad..

If you check out the 'skincare' products at the same link, that would be a better option for you.. Look at the massage oils, and also the lotions.. They are pure, and come in 8oz sizes, and very reasonable IMO.. I highly recommend them for formulating.

DMAE can be left out.. I always get PM's asking for a recipe for it though, so put it in..

The great thing about DIY is that you can take the above recipe and customize it to suit 'you'.. Just replace one thing for another, or leave out what you don't like, and replace it with extra base cream or water.. You only need to keep the 4oz intact, to keep the actives at a good %..

Have fun, and don't be a slave to it.. Just go for it!

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the SKB info. All of this is a bit new to me, but I am hoping to figure it out so I can give it a shot!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Thanks for the SKB info. All of this is a bit new to me, but I am hoping to figure it out so I can give it a shot!

charis, you can start with just a few of the actives that suit you to begin with, and make sure you will enjoy it, before really stocking up..

It's not for everyone, but if you like it, you will be hooked...

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy! I just placed and order with Herbarie and personal formulator - I also ordered the blue cobalt bottle - I have to ask - how on earth do you get the eye cream inside the bottle?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Kassy I have to laugh every time I check back I am adding a new "face" website to my bookmarks!! That is a great price for the SKB! I am going to order what I need this A.M.. I love doing this, the cost is a fraction of brand names and I know exactly what I am getting. There are no mystery ingredients that a clever marketing department has convinced me (and plenty have) are the next best thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Thanks Kassy! I just placed and order with Herbarie and personal formulator - I also ordered the blue cobalt bottle - I have to ask - how on earth do you get the eye cream inside the bottle?

The 1oz cobalt bottles work best with the thinner serums.. For the cream, you'll need a 4oz tub.. (The 4oz skinactives base cream is perfect for your finished product!) Just remove 2 TBS of cream from it, to use for an eye serum, and allow for the actives and mixing.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Kassy I have to laugh every time I check back I am adding a new "face" website to my bookmarks!! That is a great price for the SKB! I am going to order what I need this A.M.. I love doing this, the cost is a fraction of brand names and I know exactly what I am getting. There are no mystery ingredients that a clever marketing department has convinced me (and plenty have) are the next best thing!

Yes indeed, Nanci has the best variety and prices for SKB. (I love her stuff!)

Sounds like you have been bitten by the DIY bug too! It really is a wonderful feeling to know you have the best ingredients, and don't have to wonder about quality + freshness...

Trust me, you will never be ripped off by a cosmetic company again... And you will have a product that actually works!

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
charis wrote:

The 1oz cobalt bottles work best with the thinner serums.. For the cream, you'll need a 4oz tub.. (The 4oz skinactives base cream is perfect for your finished product!) Just remove 2 TBS of cream from it, to use for an eye serum, and allow for the actives and mixing.

Kassy, I am so glad that I asked. I have a vision of myself making a disaster on my bathroom counter trying to cram that cream into that bottle! Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |