Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
ScotsLass is on a mission!!!

Look out DS Labs you don't mess the EDS girls. Shame on you

So true, Alley! Laughing I've had these flippin' products in and out of my cart too often lately because of this damn ingredient discrepancy. DS Labs needs to explain what's going on. This situation also reeks of my experience using Skinbiology's products whereby they would change or *tweak* the formulation of a product and then NOT tell you!!! I never want to go down that road ever, ever again! Crying or Very sad It took me MONTHS to repair the damage under my eyes because of their lack of disclosure, mislabeling, and overall negligence to inform their customers about formulation changes. Using my face as a *free* test subject without my knowledge or permission is downright unacceptable!!!! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Scots Lass, in all I purchased Viterol A 3 times. Twice I received the violet gel in the squeeze tube, and once I recieved a whitish lotion in a pump bottle.. Ingredients are identical on both insets and containers..

With that said, the consistency and smell of each is quite different, and the one in the pump bottle irritated my skin (I believe it was the fragrance!)

The ingredient list Zyggy posted was and remains a complete mystery all of us.

Personally I am sick of the subject, and wish I never shared it at this point.. Suffice it to say, I recommend and prefer the gel variety in the squeeze tube, and have never wavered from that opinion.

Thanks for the clarification about the products you received, Kassy. Smile As sick as you are of the Viteral-A ingredient subject, it is a VERY important one that you may one day look back on and be thankful for. As I mentioned to Alley, I have been on the receiving end of using skincare products that contained non-disclosed formula changes (via the manufacturer), and the long-term results (read damage!) from using those products WASN'T pretty, let me tell you! The time, money and effort exerted to repair the damage has been very stressful. So please keep this mind as some of us continue to probe deeper for answers from DS Labs about all their different versions of the supposedly same product.

The ingredient list that Zyggy posted for Viterol-A Eyes & Mouth, though a mystery to us, is being sold atwww.fabaocanada.com andwww.dermadoctor.com. Somewhere out there someone is using it....Anxious

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
It is ODD and a quandry as to why there are so many different formulas with the same Name and WHY???? The company itself does not have a handle on it. Very disorganized.

I'm with Kassy - give me the violet stuff in the tube and I'm good to go. Hope noone sends me formula X Confused
kathyt

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
In a reply to Mishey on Jan. 9, you recommended a lotion from tropical traditions that matrixyl could be added. How much of this would you add to the bottle of lotion? I want to use this as an all over body lotion. Thanks.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
kathyt wrote:
Kassy,
In a reply to Mishey on Jan. 9, you recommended a lotion from tropical traditions that matrixyl could be added. How much of this would you add to the bottle of lotion? I want to use this as an all over body lotion. Thanks.

If you by it from Skinactives, the 2 mL tube is the perfect amount for an 8oz body lotion/oil. Keep the matrixyl refrigerated until ready to formulate.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered Viteral A today from EDS and requested the violet gel. I sure hope they still have the shipment of that product and not some mystery white stuff. Rolling Eyes I will be most unhappy Neutral
kathyt

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'm ready to take a longer step in the DIY recipes.I've only done the vit c so far, but I've spent a lot of time reading many, many of the threads and I'm ready try. So I need to know which is better for mature combination skin with some wrinkles on forehead and of course the nasal to mouth folds--your recipe for serious wrinkles with matrixyl or your firming/smoothing anti-oxidant cream? I also want to make an eye cream--again your eye serum with DMAE or the eye cream from the firming anti-oxidant cream?
I'm very interested in the oils, but know very little! Kukui seems to be good for mature skin but I have know idea how to use it. Any suggestions?
I want to place an order for all the "stuff" I will need tomorrow.
Earlier, you suggested I put info in my signature line so you would have info about my skin but I don't know how to go back and do that. I have started Retina-A and I'm not usually sensitive to anything. I'm 56 years old.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Kathy, my first advice is not to overwhelm yourself with too many formulations at once.. Each of the recipe's I posted have a lot of actives in them.. They are all great actives, and will *help* the issues that bother you, but nothing that comes in a jar, will erase it all.. I still have my NL lines, forehead lines and eye crinkles... They are much improved, but remain none the less..

The Firming, Smoothing Anti-Oxidant Cream on pg 4 is nice.. And easy to make, just print out the directions and recipe.. If you don't have every single active, don't worry. Also you can replace the oils I suggested with emu, squalane or whatever you have on hand.

Don't overwhelm your skin with too much at once.. Vitamin C, Retin-A and a nice anti-oxidant cream should do it..

Kukui oil is awesome, and loaded with my favorite vitamins A, C + E. You can add it in the cream instead of the palm/coconut oils, in the same proportion.

These are the conditions that benefit from kukui oil;

Burns – including: sunburn, windburn, radiation burns, and heat induced burns.
Eczema
Chapped skin
Psoriasis
Mature and prematurely aged skin
Dry skin conditions
Acne
Scars
Lesions
Dry hair and scalp

It's sensitive to heat, and can only be used in a formulation without a heating step.. So it's good in any recipe I provided so far!

Hope that helps!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
forgive me - i've been away from this forum Crying or Very sad
what is SKB? thanks
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Sea Kelp Bioferment

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/ Nancy has the best price for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C Serum (Just about 20%)

1 tsp LAA
½ tsp MAP
¼ tsp Ferulic Acid
¼ tsp Vitamin E oil (or whatever other oil you use with high E content)
3 tsp H20 (distilled)
1 tsp SKB
½ tsp Glycerin
½ tsp Hyaluronic Acid
5 gtts Kukui Oil (optional, but supposedly it helps with melasma + hyperpigmentation)

To mix, use 2 shot glasses again;

#1 glass

LAA + MAP stirred into H20, then add Ferulic Acid and stir after the C has dissolved. (It will take about 15 or 20 minutes!) Stir frequently!

#2 glass

Add all other ingredients, stir well. Now add contents together a little at a time, stirring constantly.

Pour into a dark bottle and shake well.

ETA: .. THDA can be substituted for the MAP, but that would need to be added to glass #2 in the oil phase.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Kassy hope you had a nice relaxing weekend. I have all the ingredients I need to make the body lotion. Now I need your expert help as to the amounts.

Vitamin A + E (this would be 1 TBS palm oil)
Vitamin C (1 tsp MAP + or THDA) LAA wouldn't work for this!)
Lactic Acid
Glucosamine
Co Q 10
Algae Extract
Pure Opti-MSM (2 capsules dissolved in H2O

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just go by the amount specified for each active for your 4 or 8oz lotion.

Do you buy from Skinactives? If you do, the directions for the % to mix is on the packing label you recieve with the order.. Otherwise, the website has it.

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
DAH sorry I should have been able to figure that out!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:
Kassy do you think I could add niacinide and glucosamine to the jojoba and matrixal 300 mix?

Yes, they are all compatible..

Keep the glucosamine at a max of 2%

Keep the niacinamide at a max of .5%

Hi Kassy, No doubt a stupid question here. I got all my ingredients in the mail today, and I'm not sure how to figure out the percentages. I've got the 8oz of lotion from tropical traditions, 5g glucosamine, 5g niacinamide and 2ml matrixyl 3000. I ended up having to get the matrixyl from skinactives rather than cellbone as they're still out of stock.
I doubled up on most of it rather than having to keep ordering things.
I can't wait to start using it.
Thanks so much. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Mishey, always save/check out the packing sheet that came with your order.. It will tell you exactly how much to use in a 4 or 8 oz lotion, for each product you bought.

For the Matrixyl just use the whole 2ml vial for your 8oz

Glucosamine; the whole 5gms in 8oz will give you a 2% concentration which is perfect

Niacinamide; 1 1/2 gms in 8oz will give you .5% which is perfect. (So 1/4th of the vial)

Decant an ounce of your lotion, mix your actives into it, and then incorporate it back in..

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Vitamin C Serum (Just about 20%)

1 tsp LAA
½ tsp MAP
¼ tsp Ferulic Acid
¼ tsp Vitamin E oil (or whatever other oil you use with high E content)
3 tsp H20 (distilled)
1 tsp SKB
½ tsp Glycerin
½ tsp Hyaluronic Acid
5 gtts Kukui Oil (optional, but supposedly it helps with melasma + hyperpigmentation)

To mix, use 2 shot glasses again;

#1 glass

LAA + MAP stirred into H20, then add Ferulic Acid and stir after the C has dissolved. (It will take about 15 or 20 minutes!) Stir frequently!

#2 glass

Add all other ingredients, stir well. Now add contents together a little at a time, stirring constantly.

Pour into a dark bottle and shake well.

ETA: .. THDA can be substituted for the MAP, but that would need to be added to glass #2 in the oil phase.

Is this the new ampted up C-Serum?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just came up with this last week..

Usually I test it a few weeks before sharing here for you all, but this one was too nice to keep to myself... Very Happy

I just like to come up with variations of recipe's, in the hopes that everyone will find something to their liking. I also really believe that making little changes, keeps our skin the most responsive.. (That's been my experience anyhoo!)

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy I'm getting right onto it!
I'll let you know how it's going in a couple of weeks or so. Very Happy
Thanks so much for sharing these great recipes with us.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
So not necessary to use the Kukui Oil? But if one does ...what is 5 gtts? Sounds like the Kukui is great stuff.
I'm still digging the Viteral A combo but this is next.
thanks Kassy - as always Very Happy

Mishy - Is this for your body lotion?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Forgot myself a minute, gtts is 'drops'... Can't take the nurse out of the girl.. Laughing

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I ordered Viteral A today from EDS and requested the violet gel. I sure hope they still have the shipment of that product and not some mystery white stuff. Rolling Eyes I will be most unhappy Neutral

Sis - I ordered some also from EDS at the end of Jan '08 and requested the violet gel.

Now I got a msg from EDS that the Viterol A is on back order. I again requested that I want the VIOLET GEL NOT THE WHITE CREAM!!

Kinda distressing, since I won't know til I open the tube what I've been sent, and EDS doesn't accept returns of opened products...

Needless to say this is the last time I order any DS Lab products. Too shady.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie - I recieved my Viteral A yesterday and it's the violet stuff. But I'm with you. After all of this DS discussion I'm buying it no longer. After this I am making Madame Kassy's formulations only. The heck with mystery cream.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis it's actually for my face and body. Anything I use on my face I also want to use on my neck, chest, hands and arms also. The skin on my chest and arms is the worst on my body, from sun damage. The skin on my face is actually quite good in comparison. Rolling helped my face, but for a few years it's been better than my arm and chest skin anyway.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Sis it's actually for my face and body. Anything I use on my face I also want to use on my neck, chest, hands and arms also. The skin on my chest and arms is the worst on my body, from sun damage. The skin on my face is actually quite good in comparison. Rolling helped my face, but for a few years it's been better than my arm and chest skin anyway.

Mishey, don't you use an LED? If so, be sure to use it on those sun damaged areas.. My whole chest and neck skin was transformed from LED use.

Be sure to use your vitamin C serum there as well!

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |