Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

The E oil is suspiciously dark. I'll order some online.

In any case, I put the last serum attempt on and it feels really nice, slight tingling initially, and totally soaked it. I'm gonna love it and be happy with it till I get this right!

Many thanks and be well...
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
miss anna wrote:
There is a liquid Vitamin C available at New Directions. Has anyone tried using that?
http://shop.newdirections.com.au/epages/newdirections.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/newdirections/Categories/17/178

This is an oil soluble Vitamin C so it has to be combined with other oils. I use it and mix it into Pomegranate Oil. Oil soluble C is also supposed to be much more stable than LAA.

Thanks Keliu. How much do you add to the pomegranate oil?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Thanks Keliu. How much do you add to the pomegranate oil?

Here's my recipe:

Oil Soluble Vitamin C 1oz

30ml Pomegranate oil
24 drops oil sol Vitamin C
6 drops Vitamin E

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Keliu. I have some pomegranate oil so I'll give it a try.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ms. Kassy

Now that the E serum is more or less resolved and I've given you one whole day of rest.....another query! Confused

We have been working on my very mature skin, large pores, milia, and somewhat oily T zone.

You suggested and I have here now:

Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion 10% glycolic AHA
Alpha Hydrox AHA souffle 12%
Pumpkin Peel ( I have NCN )
Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum
1 oz of buggered up E serum w/ Jojoba Smile
Microfiber cloth
Yogurt and misc items for DIY masks

I am assuming I use the pumpkin peel just once a week, daily the E serum in the am, the Juice Beauty in the pm, and the cloth twice a day when I cleanse. What about the Alpha Hydrox products? Are these to use on top of the serums after they are absorbed? I have not been using any moisturizers or creams on the face - just the serums.

Finally, a simple question from me... Shock TIA
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!

You could try this, and see how it goes..

- Pumpkin Peel, once a week, try to leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. You will feel a tingle. Use a thin layer.

- Yogurt, milk + honey (or any other) mask, once a week. (Leave 2 or 3 days between this and the pumpkin peel, so your skin barrier has time to mend.)

- Microfiber cloth, briskly and quickly, a.m. + p.m.

- Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, apply a thin even layer at night to face, neck + decollete. Follow in 10 minutes with a thin layer of "buggered up E + jojoba serum". Or you can change up with any other 'nourishing' oil you have on hand. (If you are a Retin-A user, you can alternate between the AHA + RA every other night.. This is working nicely for me!)

- If you feel your skin is handling all this well, you can start to add the AHA lotion, every other a.m., followed by your normal regime. Then use a good C serum on the alternate mornings..

- Juice Beauty Serum.. This is great any time, and you can apply it over or under just about anything.. If you have actives on hand, they will mix in fabulously. You can also add the E + jojoba in it, which will make it super moisturizing.

Did I cover everything... Laughing

Oh, and just in case you get some irritation, just skip a night, and use the JBS in place of the AHA.. It's worth it though, once your skin acclimates.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Kassy, that does cover it! At least it will keep me busy long enough for your to come to the aid of the masses. Very Happy
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how to use the microfiber cloth properly? I bought one of the small ones from EDS (can't remember the brand) and have been using it in the shower, but it doesn't move smoothly across the skin. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be rubbing it in small circles around the face? Not sure if there's a special trick to it. TIA.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to use the microfiber cloth properly? I bought one of the small ones from EDS (can't remember the brand) and have been using it in the shower, but it doesn't move smoothly across the skin. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be rubbing it in small circles around the face? Not sure if there's a special trick to it. TIA.

Here's the lowdown, as I know it (and do it.)

- Personally, I use it on a clean face.. I don't wear makeup, so this is a cinch for me.. BUT, if I did wear makeup daily, I would first use a cleanser to get it off, and then use the microfiber cloth as a final step.

- Saturate the cloth with very hot water, and then wring out well.. (It does it's best work, when just hot and damp.

- Wrap it around your hand taughtly, (re wrapping as necessary), and cover your entire face, neck + decollete in small, firm, circular motions.

- Usually I only launder it in the washing machine, after 2 or 3 days of use.. After each use, I rinse it thoroughly, then let it soak in an anti-bacterial hot water soak for 5 minutes (dial), then rinse well and let air dry. (If you don't use it to remove makeup, this will suffice!)

- When you want to put it in the washing machine, just remember to NOT use bleach or fabric softener.. Allowing to air dry, will keep it in the best shape.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy. I was worried that I was pulling the skin too much. I didn't use hot water either. Can you use it on the body as well?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Thanks Kassy. I was worried that I was pulling the skin too much. I didn't use hot water either. Can you use it on the body as well?

Head to toe Baby, head to toe!

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I believe you've tried the Skin Actives Antioxidant Booster serum?

Does it remind you of anything? LOL

My daughter said my face looked like I had coated it in leftover tomato sauce lol

BF
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Kassy,

I believe you've tried the Skin Actives Antioxidant Booster serum?

Does it remind you of anything? LOL

My daughter said my face looked like I had coated it in leftover tomato sauce lol

BF

It reminds me of Palm Oil.. Similar color, and kind of pungent smell..

I can't stand either on it's own, and alway mix it up with something else.. (Why is it always that the things that are good for us have the most "ICK" factor... Laughing

milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
It's just like everything that tastes great is fattening Rolling Eyes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I have the Anti Oxidant Booster Serum and thought that it was supposed to be used very sparingly. Only one or two drops into a 4oz jar of cream. I don't think you're supposed to use it straight all over the face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I used it as a base for other actives: TA and Retinyl Palmitate, after dermarolling.

It appears similar to what the doctors were using.

That said - you know the color of the oil on the top of spaghetti sauce? that's exactly the color - all of the lycopene.

BF
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Calling Kassy and Alley and the cavalry - help needed urgently. Am finally biting the bullet and making a DIY face cream. Have NO IDEA what I'm doing, but have rosacea-type redness and sun damage; am working with what I now have on hand, am after a lotion-like consistency; and (drumroll) was going to give this a whirl:

For 60 ml 'lotion':
50% TPF cream (30ml)
15% water (9ml)
12% SKB (7.2ml)
5% Grapeseed Oil (3ml)
5% Glycerin (3ml)
5% Silymarin (3ml)
5% Niacinamide (3ml)
3% Green Tea (1.8ml)
And three squirts ELS

For my method (heaven help me), I was going to add the grapeseed oil and ELS to the cream; add the Niacinamide and Green Tea Extract to the water; and add the Silymarin to the glycerin. Then (phew) I was going to add the glyercin mix to the cream mix, and lastly add the water mix and stir like crazy (while praying incessantly to the Patron Saint of Face Cream).

I would love, love, love some input. (DH thinks I'm mad: 'mid-life crisis' has got a guernsey more than once. Geeze, it's not like I'm mowing the lawn strapped into a STOP Wink)

Thank you, everyone, and especially Kassy.
PS. I also have Hyaluronic Acid from Skinactives, but am quietly terrified of it...
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
There being no end to my madness, I'm also going to try for an Eye Serum. Please, please let me know if I'm wildly off course; if my mixture's at best corrosive, or at worst, a plastic explosive.

Eye Serum:
25% TPF cream
40% Distilled Water
15% TPF Antiwrinkle (Argiriline + Matrixyl)
10% SKB
5% Niacinamide
3% Green Tea Extract
2% Chrysin

Okay. To the cream I was going to add the Antiwrinkle, the Chrysin and then the SKB. To the water, I was going to add the Niacinamide and Green Tea. Then I was going to mix the two mixtures... how's it sounding so far Confused)

My eyes are: baggy, crepey, dark and milia-ridden. So I've given the grapeseed oil and glycerin a miss, and the HA (seems it's bolshie with beginners). However, am happy to amend pending advice. (Yes, would love to address the puffery, but have no de-puffing goodies... sigh.)

Big, big thankyous.
Steph23

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I just joined today after discovering website on Friday.

I am over 40 with normal to dry skin. I am seeing some wrinkles under the eyes and on my neck.

So would like to use an exfolient (i think) + eye serum, good skin cream, + serums. So many recipes, and I am not really sure where to start. I am trying to figure out if Vitamin C or the the Viterol A? serums.

Wow this place is great.

Thanks for your help
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
cheesetoastie wrote:
There being no end to my madness, I'm also going to try for an Eye Serum. Please, please let me know if I'm wildly off course; if my mixture's at best corrosive, or at worst, a plastic explosive.

Eye Serum:
25% TPF cream
40% Distilled Water
15% TPF Antiwrinkle (Argiriline + Matrixyl)
10% SKB
5% Niacinamide
3% Green Tea Extract
2% Chrysin

Okay. To the cream I was going to add the Antiwrinkle, the Chrysin and then the SKB. To the water, I was going to add the Niacinamide and Green Tea. Then I was going to mix the two mixtures... how's it sounding so far Confused)

My eyes are: baggy, crepey, dark and milia-ridden. So I've given the grapeseed oil and glycerin a miss, and the HA (seems it's bolshie with beginners). However, am happy to amend pending advice. (Yes, would love to address the puffery, but have no de-puffing goodies... sigh.)

Big, big thankyous.

cheesetoastie the eye cream looks good. I will be interested to hear how it works I have been toying with the idea of adding chrysin to my eye serum. One note I started buying Cell-Ox2 from Ingredients to Die for as an alternative to Matrixyl it works like crazy. I have had a very noticeable wrinkle under one eye that made me crazy. After using my eye serum with the Cell-Ox2 for 6 months now the wrinkle has diminished considerably in appearance.
I wouldn't be afraid of the HA, personally I love it just add half the amount of chrysin. Very Happy

Here is the Dark Circle Buster you could try.
1/4 tsp unflavoured gelatin (Knox powder)
1 tbsp hot water
Test on wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Using a cotton ball pat it under the eyes as you would eye cream. Leave on for 30 minutes.

BTW - my DH thinks I am nuts too Laughing

5% products discount

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Kassy - I have ordered most of the items for the wonderful cream recipe Smile , but have a question - can I leave out the green tea extract, algae extract, and lactic acid? I still have to order the algae extract and the lactic acid. I was wondering about the green tea extract, somewhere I read (in this forum) not to use green tea extract and vitamin C together in the Vitamin C Serums. (I can't remember exactly why) But what if you use a Vitamin C Serum wait 15 to 30 minutes then apply a cream with Green Tea Extract in it on top, could this cause a problem with the effective-ness of the C Serum?

Thanks!!

"Kassy's Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream 4oz

Alpha Lipoic Acid (1 tsp)
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl) (1 cc/ml or 1/2 tube if from Skinactives)
Coenzyme Q10 (1/4 tsp)
DMAE Bitartrate (1 1/2 tsp)
Ferulic Acid (1/2 tsp)
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)(1 tsp)
Anti-Oxidant Booster (3 squirts)
Every Lipid Serum (ELS) (5 squirts)
Green Tea Extract (1/2 tsp)
Algae Extract (1/2 tsp)
Lactic Acid (5 drops)
Palm + Coconut Oils (1/2 tsp of each)
Skinactives Base Cream (4oz jar with 2 TBS removed)
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE + MAP in separately, before adding to the final cream. A heaping tsp is good.)

Everything can be added and mixed into the base cream in no particular order, EXCEPT the DMAE + MAP, which needs to be mixed separately into the SKB, and then added to the cream.. (Adding it directly to the cream with cause the cream to liquify!!!)

Just add and stir each active in one at a time, keeping the DMAE, MAP, SKB mixture, and also the Lactic Acid till the end.. If you are going to make an eye serum out of this cream as well, scoop a TBS out before adding the Lactic Acid as the final step..

The cream will be a yellowish color, and have little or no scent unless you want to add a couple of drops of essential oil.

EYE SERUM, approx. 1 oz

Mix the 1 TBS of cream you removed before adding the lactic acid, to 1 TBS of original base cream you removed at the start, and stir in 1 TBS of distilled water.. Now add a tiny pinch of DMAE powder and a couple of drops of Green Tea + Anti-Oxidant Booster....(If you want to add Argeriline, just keep it at 5% strength.)"

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Steph23 wrote:
Hello I just joined today after discovering website on Friday.

I am over 40 with normal to dry skin. I am seeing some wrinkles under the eyes and on my neck.

So would like to use an exfolient (i think) + eye serum, good skin cream, + serums. So many recipes, and I am not really sure where to start. I am trying to figure out if Vitamin C or the the Viterol A? serums.

Wow this place is great.

Thanks for your help

Welcome Steph23 we love helping new members become obsessed with DIY Laughing
I am not sure where to tell you start so I will tell you what I do. I have never tried the Viterol A serums so I can't say which one to try.

AM
Vitamin C+E+Ferulic Acid with HA serum version B
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=467039#467039
Eye serum - I have tweaked Kassy's eye serum
Anti-Aging serum (DIY base from Essential Wholesale, Syn-coll and HA)
Sunscreen

PM
Alternate retin A with AHA's every 2nd or 3rd night
Eye Serum
Anti-Aging serum - on non-retin a nights
Kassy Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant cream

Having said that I think the vitamin C serum is a great place to start DIY. The eye serum and firming cream are also very easy to make.

You can easily exfoliate with a microfiber cloth or even Aveno Daily scrub. I would try to incorporate a retin-a into your PM routine. You don't need to start with Rx strength - Afirm has a great line OTC.
HTH

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Having said that I think the vitamin C serum is a great place to start DIY. The eye serum and firming cream are also very easy to make.

You can easily exfoliate with a microfiber cloth or even Aveno Daily scrub. I would try to incorporate a retin-a into your PM routine. You don't need to start with Rx strength - Afirm has a great line OTC.
HTH

Thank you so much for your response.

If you are using the microfiber cloth do you just rub on face with our without water/moisture or does it matter

Also is their a place to find out what the acronyms stand for.
I think I will try the serum first. Thanks again for your help.

Steph
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I use my cloth in the shower - I don't think there is a wrong way to do it. I believe Kassy gave some instruction but I can't find it now Confused

Which acronyms - I will try to help. Frankly I struggle with that also. Embarassed

5% products discount

Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hello, Steph23!! wave I am new to all this too. I started with Kassy's C,E + Ferulic Acid 15% (copied and pasted below - cause I can't link just yet to new still) and I looove it! After getting my DIY feet wet (so to speak), I am ready to try and tackle Kassy's Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream.

Alley, is Kassy's Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream only for night? I am wanting to make it as a day cream to use after the C Serum and before sunscreen?
Thanks!!

"What you need for 1oz C,E, Ferulic 15%;
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)
What to do;
- In first shot glass, put 1 tsp C into the 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water. Put on the side, stirring occasionally till FULLY dissolved (This can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, so have patience.)
- In 2nd shot glass put in 1/2 tsp vodka, and sprinkle the FA in and mix. (Little formulator spatulas are great for this!) When it has dissolved fully, add in the vitamin E + SKB and stir it all up well.
- When the LAA has fully dissolved in the 1st shot glass, mix the contents of both glasses together, stir very well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle.
Keeping it in a cool dry, dark place, or fridge will keep it potent + stable!"

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |