Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mariansc
5% products discount

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
20% serum I found this receipe, can I take out the MAP and substitute glycerin instead?

1 tsp LAA
1/2 Tsp MAP
1/4 Tsp FA
1/4 tsp vit. e
3 tsp H20
1 tsp. vodka

or take out the skb and use glycerin instead of skb for this receipe?

1/4 tsp lAA
1/4 tsp. vit E 1%
.5% FA 1 good pinch
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)

Just wondering and thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
The short answer is NO!

I think my recipe's might be too involved for you, based on the questions your asking at 2 forums. Also, you keep switching between recipe's, and every time I answer you, you switch again.. Confused

MUA has some very simple recipe's that might interest you more.. How about these;

Vit C 20%
- 1/4 tsp C
- 1 1/2 tsp H20

Vit C 10%
- 1/4 tsp C
- 1/4 tsp glycerin
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- vitamin E gelcap

Vit C 20%
- 1/2 tsp C
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 2 tsp distilled water
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
mariansc wrote:
20% serum I found this receipe, can I take out the MAP and substitute glycerin instead?

1 tsp LAA
1/2 Tsp MAP
1/4 Tsp FA
1/4 tsp vit. e
3 tsp H20
1 tsp. vodka

If you take out the MAP and substitute it with glycerin, you will just have a basic Vitamin C recipe, if that is what you want.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I had a very simple receipe before, was justing asking questions and experimenting.
I got a pharmacist to help me to understand about some of other some other ingredients I was interested in. Your receipes aren't too involved at all, very simple, elementary actually, I'vebeen making the ones you gave, for months now. I just wasn't experienced in compounding so I ask questions.

Just curious if I took out an ingredient what would be the outcome, and/or sometimes because I didn't have it. Yeah, I kept switching between recipes and asked about each one, because every time I found a new one, I was interested. Different receipe, different question. Sorry, it got confusing for you.

Kassy_A wrote:
The short answer is NO!

I think my recipe's might be too involved for you, based on the questions your asking at 2 forums. Also, you keep switching between recipe's, and every time I answer you, you switch again.. Confused

MUA has some very simple recipe's that might interest you more.. How about these;

Vit C 20%
- 1/4 tsp C
- 1 1/2 tsp H20

Vit C 10%
- 1/4 tsp C
- 1/4 tsp glycerin
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- vitamin E gelcap

Vit C 20%
- 1/2 tsp C
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 2 tsp distilled water
mariansc
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I just was curious, because I didn't have any MAP on hand. I experiemented, and just wanted to know, my friends and I did substitute and glycerin does work fine, if you don't have the MAP, except you need to put more glycerin in, it's just fun to play around. I asked a lot of questions to a pharmacist, and they were very helpful. There was several diffrerent receipes I came across, and each time I found one, so I would just ask the question. I wasn't going to make all of them, was just asking. Thank you.

Keliu wrote:
mariansc wrote:

1 tsp LAA
1/2 Tsp MAP
1/4 Tsp FA
1/4 tsp vit. e
3 tsp H20
1 tsp. vodka

If you take out the MAP and substitute it with glycerin, you will just have a basic Vitamin C recipe, if that is what you want.

Oh by the way, nothing is too involved, how is one going to learn if questions aren't asked or being experimented.
loveDIY

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Dr. Kassy's Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream is for face or body?

Thanks in advance.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I assumed it's for face and neck.
loveDIY

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

Thanks Bellezza. This was what I thought. But in page 11 of this thread Dr. Kassy mentioned it was for body cream while replying to Sister Sweets's post.

I'm looking for one face cream to alternate with Rit A in the evening, another one to apply after C serum in the morning. So "Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream" for evening, Dr. Kassy's Face cream for morning.

Is this a good choice? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
loveDIY wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

Thanks Bellezza. This was what I thought. But in page 11 of this thread Dr. Kassy mentioned it was for body cream while replying to Sister Sweets's post.

I'm looking for one face cream to alternate with Rit A in the evening, another one to apply after C serum in the morning. So "Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream" for evening, Dr. Kassy's Face cream for morning.

Is this a good choice? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

loveDIY (love your name btw) that sounds like a great idea. I personally use the firming/smoothing/anti-oxidant exactly as you are describing - every 2nd night alternate with retin a. I have never made Kassy's other cream but it looks wonderful.
Hope you will be sharing some of your DIY secrets with us. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Vitamin C Serum (Just about 20%)

1 tsp LAA
½ tsp MAP
¼ tsp Ferulic Acid
¼ tsp Vitamin E oil (or whatever other oil you use with high E content)
3 tsp H20 (distilled)
1 tsp SKB
½ tsp Glycerin
½ tsp Hyaluronic Acid
5 gtts Kukui Oil (optional, but supposedly it helps with melasma + hyperpigmentation)

To mix, use 2 shot glasses again;

#1 glass

LAA + MAP stirred into H20, then add Ferulic Acid and stir after the C has dissolved. (It will take about 15 or 20 minutes!) Stir frequently!

#2 glass

Add all other ingredients, stir well. Now add contents together a little at a time, stirring constantly.

Pour into a dark bottle and shake well.

ETA: .. THDA can be substituted for the MAP, but that would need to be added to glass #2 in the oil phase.

I want to try this C serum and before I start I wanted to ask if I can substitute Jojoba or Emu oil in place of glycerin and Kukui oil (don't have on hand)

I have been using the 15% C,E, + Ferulic, both the one with Hyaluronic Acid and the one without. I've never used MAP and I'm wondering what advantages there are in using it. I'm in my 60s with no major issues except of course sagging
Also what is THDA?
loveDIY

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
loveDIY (love your name btw) that sounds like a great idea. I personally use the firming/smoothing/anti-oxidant exactly as you are describing - every 2nd night alternate with retin a. I have never made Kassy's other cream but it looks wonderful.
Hope you will be sharing some of your DIY secrets with us. Very Happy

Alley, Thanks for your reply. I'm very new to DIY and have learned a lot from all of you.
Have questions for you:

1. where did you order Anti-Oxidant Booster?

2. What is the difference between Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000? Can I replace Matrixyl 3000 with Matrixyl?

3. How to measure 1 cc powder active?

Thanks again.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the world of DIY - it is a lot of fun!!

alley, Thanks for your reply. I'm very new to DIY and have learned a lot from all of you.
Have questions for you:

1. where did you order Anti-Oxidant Booster?
I bought my original from Skinactives but I have since bought Organcials First Defense (Anti-Ox Complex) from Ingredients to Die For.

2. What is the difference between Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000? Can I replace Matrixyl 3000 with Matrixyl?
The difference bet'n them is the 3000 has Argireline also. I have stopped using Matrixyl and switched to Syn-Coll from Ingredients to Die For.

I don't think you can - 1 cc will only apply to liquid. You are going to have to figure out the correct % for the active, do the math and add with dry measurement tools.

Thanks again.

HTH Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote

Someone posted this:
1ml or 1cc = 15-16 minums
1 0.06 ml = 1 minums = 1 gtt (gtt stands for drops). Of course this is for liquids and you're using powder.

Try this:www.allnurses.com
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
(This is for serious wrinkles)

3oz base cream or lotion (I use lotion)
1 tsp Argereline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/2 tsp Matrixyl 3000 (or whatever equals 10% )
1/4 tsp Wheat Protein
1/8th tsp (or pinch) Idebenone

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=418749#418749

I'm getting ready to make the above cream that Kassy posted and I suddenly got some insecurities... Should I add HA to a small amount of water before adding to cream? I seem to have read that one of these ingredients, I can't remember which, will liquefy creams.
If some of you have made this can you post directions on mixing? Thank you so much.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I made Kassy's cream *for serious wrinkles* and I must say I love it. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. My skin absorbs it well and is soft and smooth. I have a small spot on top of my cheekbone that occasionally gets slightly irritated from products. That seems to have subsided.

A bunch of thanks to Kassy for providing us with some incredible formulas.

I would like to make an eye cream with Cell02. Maybe add 5% to any eye cream? Any suggestions for a simple formula?
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,
I'm not too sure whether to ask in this post, or whether a recipe has already appeared and I may have missed it... If it were the case, do excuse me!

Been mixing oils for a couple of years, and after reading around here I would like to try out more adventurous recipes -I already tried the simple C serum recipe, first time I overdid the % of C, seem to have got it better the second time. Embarassed

Anyhow, is there any recipe to make a cream or serum specifically for the horizontal brow lines, some miracle potion that may 'freeze' the brow? And for crow's feet?
The only ingredient I seem to read about that may work in someway is "Argireline", right? Rolling Eyes What others could I add to a base cream for these areas?

Sorry about my ignorance, just starting to learn about all this 'stuff'... Very Happy
loveDIY

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Ok, so what are the ingredients in this miracle product? Very Happy

Here is a list of the ingredients in the mystery creams: (I use approximately 1 1/2 CC's of each active in a 2oz cream or serum for the face)

Face Cream

green tea extract
grapeseed oil
wheat protein
algae extract
mushroom extract
soya lecithin (Supplement gel cap can be used)
vitamins A, (I highly recommend Retinol 1.0% from NCN or Cellbone)
vitamins C + E
hyaluronic acid
SKB
DMAE (less than 3% so no worries there, just a bit of firming)
argerilene (I prefer 5%, but up to 10% can be used)
niacinamide (if you use Olay or CVS perfecting cream as a base, that will suffice)
Matrixyl 3000

Kassy, I've made this face cream. I skipped the V. c part as I don't know how to measure 1 1/2 cc V. c powder, used canvas cream from SkinActives as base. But the cream is oily and thin, my skin doen't absorb it very well.

I don't know what to do at this point. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
LoveDIY,

Here is a chart I have from the web that I hope will help all confused as to cc's!

Nonetheless, I will certainly take your advice and supply a conversion chart. But before I do let me help you with your conversion:
6cc's = 6ml's = 1 1/5 tsp's
As you can see, it will be a bit difficult to measure out 1/5 of a teaspoon. Therefore, I suggest you obtain an accurate metric measuring device and use the cc's.

cc's stands for cubic centimeters.
ml's stands for milliliters
One cc = one ml They are equivalent.
One teaspoon = 5 cc = 5 ml
One Tablespoon (Tbl) = 15 cc = 15 ml
One Tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
One ounce = 30 cc = 30 ml = 2 Tablespoons = 6 teaspoons
8 ounces (The common size for a formula bottle) = 240 cc = 240 ml

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
loveDIY wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Ok, so what are the ingredients in this miracle product? Very Happy

Here is a list of the ingredients in the mystery creams: (I use approximately 1 1/2 CC's of each active in a 2oz cream or serum for the face)

Face Cream

green tea extract
grapeseed oil
wheat protein
algae extract
mushroom extract
soya lecithin (Supplement gel cap can be used)
vitamins A, (I highly recommend Retinol 1.0% from NCN or Cellbone)
vitamins C + E
hyaluronic acid
SKB
DMAE (less than 3% so no worries there, just a bit of firming)
argerilene (I prefer 5%, but up to 10% can be used)
niacinamide (if you use Olay or CVS perfecting cream as a base, that will suffice)
Matrixyl 3000

Kassy, I've made this face cream. I skipped the V. c part as I don't know how to measure 1 1/2 cc V. c powder, used canvas cream from SkinActives as base. But the cream is oily and thin, my skin doen't absorb it very well.

I don't know what to do at this point. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how old you are or what your skin condition is, but maybe it's to rich or too moisturizing for you... These actives do their best work on *mature* skin with visible wrinkling + sagging.

With that in mind you can easily leave out the actives that you don't need, and also use an oil free moisturizer/cream as your base.

The fun thing about DIY is to learn exactly what is good for your specific skin concerns, and then use just those actives that support that.

The best advice I can give to "all" of us DIY'ers is that there is a great deal of research and learning to be had, and we all have a responsibility to pitch in and figure things out.

I do a great deal of research before posting recipe's etc... but I am NOT a professional cosmetic chemist or formulator, and simply share what is working for me + mine. It's then up to all of you to know what's compatible to *you*, and take it from there...

As all of you who know me are well aware, I never mind answering questions to the best of my ability.

Just an FYI regarding measuring the liquid into cc's/ml's, I'll repeat what I've said for the newer members who missed it elsewhere in the thread... You can pick up 'dosing' syringes in 1, 5, 10 and up to 50 ml/cc in any drug store...(Makes it a cinch, you'll see!) And of course the rest of the math is only a 'google' away.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

Someone posted this:
1ml or 1cc = 15-16 minums
1 0.06 ml = 1 minums = 1 gtt (gtt stands for drops). Of course this is for liquids and you're using powder.

Try this:www.allnurses.com

Bellezza,
I did post that as somebody said they had no idea what on earth gtts. stood for and I did a quick search on google and came up
with allnurses.com and an answer.

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
BarbieQ Kassy is not a Dr. she is someone who has put a lot of time, effort, research and self experimentation into all of her recipes.

The great thing about the DIY recipes we post is you can actually do the double check on the internet. Take any of our recipes look the ingredients up online; see what they are supposed to do at what concentration before you take the plunge.

SAS site is great for finding recommended percentages of actives quickly. I think you will find the EDS forum very different from SAS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I made an eye cream that turned out a bit different that what I was expecting...
I used:
1 Tbsp Oil of Olay eye cream
1 tsp SKB
pinch of DMAE
1 tsp glycerin
1/4 tsp. wheat protein
1/4 tsp. Argireline
1/4 tsp. Matrixyl 3000
1/4 tsp. emu oil
10 drops Almond oil
cucumber fragrance
I mixed DMAE in a bit of SKB then mixed everything together but the SKB never fully dissolved. Also it turned into a lotion instead of a cream (which is probably OK). It smells great.
Should I add more cream to change consistency. Kassy or Alley any thoughts?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Belleza I have never made this formula but think you need 2 tbsp of base to get a more creamy consistency. How does it absorb?

Was the DMAE in little balls and not mixed into the SKB?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should have stirred the DMAE in the entire tsp. of SKB and mixed longer... not sure. I will add more cream.

It's a bit too greasy for my skin, I used too much or too many oils. Initially I wanted to follow your formula with Cell0x2. I spent hours searching sites that sell it but couldn't find. Then I got impatient and wanted to make something. I love DIY but I'm still so inexperienced.

I made Kassy's formula "for serous wrinkles" and absolutely love it. In three weeks of use my skin got brighter,tone has improved and a couple of milia have disappeared. Now this might be Kassy's Vit. C Serum that I've been using for about a year, all I know is my skin has improved.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
The only place I buy CellOx2 is from Ingredients to Die For. My eye serum is really easy once you have all the ingredients but there are quite a few of them. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |