Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure,

I am not sure how they formulated this product I would also be concerned about the fact that they are mixing a vitamin C along with copper! IMHO

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I bought the serum with my lightstem. Steve said that it was being tested and would soon be released as a major cosmetic discovery. He said that it would reformulate the skin and even protect it from the sun.
I have been seeing great results form the combination of the serum and the lightstem, but wanted to check out the ingredients. If it works as well as he says we will want to make a DIY version-- minus the copper. Should I contact them concerning the copper? What problems could it cause?
Thanks Embarassed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Maybe he has overcome the issues with mixing the two!
http://www.dermadoctor.com/article_Copper-Peptides_103.html

Do not apply vitamin C products (like Cellex-C or SkinCeuticals) at the same time as copper containing products (Neova) as the vitamin C can neutralize the copper. However, you may certainly apply them at the same time to different areas of the skin. For instance, using Neova Eye Therapy or Neova Advanced Perfecting Elixir on the upper eyelids while applying Neova Therapy Mattifying Serum to the remainder of the face.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm guessing that "(copper) Bioflavonoids" are different than copper peptides. The bioflavoid must not interact with the L-ascorbate in the same way that a copper peptide would. I wonder what a copper bioflavonoid would do for the skin?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I'm guessing that "(copper) Bioflavonoids" are different than copper peptides. The bioflavoid must not interact with the L-ascorbate in the same way that a copper peptide would. I wonder what a copper bioflavonoid would do for the skin?

I find the ingredient list a bit confusing, as bioflavonoids are plant derived as in from citrus fruit ect. I have never heard of a metal
ie: copper containing bioflavonoids, the very word implies from biology/botany! I don't believe any metals fit the definition!

HTT
DM

5% products discount

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
On the original ingredient list that I received with the product Copper is listed as a separate ingredient. I put it in parentheses in the list to show the ingredients in correct order. On the new ingredient list on the web site the work Copper is omitted.
Sorry for the confusion.
TKS Tina
Flossie30
5% products discount

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Suppose I want to make something like Kassy's face firming cream, but I don't have all the ingredients. How would you put these ingredients together to make something comparable? I have:

DMAE
SKB (not very much)
ReguAge
Pepha-tight
L-ascorbic acid
Ferulic acid
Anti-oxidant booster
Green tea extract
Jojoba, avocado, hempseed, coconut, and kukui oils

I don't have a base cream yet, but I was thinking I could pick one up locally that might have some of the other ingredients.

Anyway, can anyone suggest ways to put this all together without making a disaster? I don't do so well without a recipe--I've already made some disasters on my own.

Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Flossie30 wrote:
Suppose I want to make something like Kassy's face firming cream, but I don't have all the ingredients. How would you put these ingredients together to make something comparable? I have:

DMAE
SKB (not very much)
ReguAge
Pepha-tight
L-ascorbic acid
Ferulic acid
Anti-oxidant booster
Green tea extract
Jojoba, avocado, hempseed, coconut, and kukui oils

I don't have a base cream yet, but I was thinking I could pick one up locally that might have some of the other ingredients.

Anyway, can anyone suggest ways to put this all together without making a disaster? I don't do so well without a recipe--I've already made some disasters on my own.

Thanks!

I have no idea what "ReguAge" is, so therefore no comment..

The other ingredients are wonderful, but not necessarily in "one" serum.. (Why do so many people continually try to fit a square peg in a round hole... Sad )

Anyway, (and it's only my opinion BTW), but why don't you consider making two separate serums.. One can be for the acid + complimentary ingredients, and the other for botanical and peptides.. That way you can keep the applications separated by 12 hours (+still enjoy the best of both worlds, without any interaction and oxidation (or worse) worries..

As I said, this is just my opinion.... Others are encouraged to agree, dispute or whatever. (Contrary to what *a few* believe), I am not the "DIY boss", and frankly have made no secret of the fact, that I'm learning right along with all of you..)

I also agree with Darkmoon's post above regarding "copper bioflavonoids".. (No such thing!) (Just saw your amended post..)

For me personally (who uses both L-AA + CP's + Green and white teas), all I can tell you is it's best to keep the acid separate... For me it's easy, because I don't use anything every single day.. I alternate; botanicals/peptides one day, vitamin C (L-AA) on alternate days...

Please understand that this is what's good for me, and it's my choice after researching to death these actives... For anybody that wants to test what will happen if you want to use L-Ascorbic Acid in the same serum as green tea, without the addition of a chelator (disodium EDTA for acidic formulas); just whip some up, apply daily, and watch what will ultimately become a gray, dull skin.. Sad I promise you, that's exactly what will happen when repeatedly applying a *pro* oxidant to your skin..

Sorry to rehash this, but it's important that DIY'ers really try to learn all about the actives that are not only compatible + synergistic, but what's contraindicated as well.. I have much to learn, as I'm sure you do too...

And finally, in answer to your question, DMAE, Pepha Tight, and a little SKB would be a wonderful addition to JB's "Alpha Derma Skin Prep"... (If you use CP serum, that is compatible as well.)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/janson-beckett-ah3-facial-p_3262.htm

Here are the ingredients;

Ingredients
Purified Water, Seamollient [Mineral Complex: Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Sodium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Copper], Argireline (AH3 Acetyl HexaPeptide), Hyaluronic Acid, DMAE Bitartrate, Glycerine, Simethicone, Polysorbate 20, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

If you're interested in 'doctoring it up', just let me know and I'll tell you what I do... (And no, I have no patent or study to prove myself with, but I assure you my face is still well intact.. Very Happy )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is so important,two weeks ago my cheeks were smooth and texture good.I started with Vit C and ACV/green tea toner,after about 8 or 9 days my cheeks have an orange peel look and my skin an grayish color.So no acids with green tea!!. Now I have to start to repair what I messed up.So important to read not just do.
Flossie30
5% products discount

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice! I didn't think I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, though; just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for what to do with these ingredients. It's not necessary to use all of them in one cream; if there's a way to put any of them together effectively, I'd just like some suggestions for measurements and so on. (However, I was looking at the recipe on page 6 of this thread, and it uses many of these ingredients, which is why I thought it might be possible to put these together.) But I certainly don't want to test what will happen if you mix green tea with acid if it's detrimental! I believe you! These are simply the ingredients I have left over, and I had no idea whether or how they'd work together--which is why I asked for help.

It's true that I don't know much about formulating; I've only used recipes from this site (well, except for that one disaster I made . . .) Again, that's why I asked for advice.

So, I will look into the Alpha Derma. If I were to add the DMAE, pepha, and SKB to that, what would be the optimal measurements?

(BTW, I just remembered that ReguAge is supposed to be for the eyes--it has the same ingredients as that Eyeliss stuff. I used it in an eye cream a while back. So, obviously, it probably wouldn't be great for a face cream!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
This is so important,two weeks ago my cheeks were smooth and texture good.I started with Vit C and ACV/green tea toner,after about 8 or 9 days my cheeks have an orange peel look and my skin an grayish color.So no acids with green tea!!. Now I have to start to repair what I messed up.So important to read not just do.

Leggy61,

I am curious as many older threads have mentioned the ACV Toner being made with green tea and no one reported any issues like you mention, how long have you used the toner? Apple Cider Vinegar may differ somewhat as to ph but from
wikipedia "Commercial Cider Vinegar will vary but you could use something like 2.5 as a benchmark" so even diluted with water it in itself is an acid mixed with green tea? Just curious, as it has been a staple for many on the forum?

TIA
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I have no idea what "ReguAge" is, so therefore no comment..

In case this helps anyone. This is per lotioncrafter.

REGU®-AGE
CAS: 94350-05-7, 9010-10-0, 8013-01-2

For those who are troubled by dark circles and puffiness around the eyes Pentapharm has launched REGU®-AGE. This new anti-ageing complex has been developed specifically to address these conditions by improving microcirculation, protecting the integrity of the collagen and elastin bundle and reducing the effects that free radicals have upon the skin. In-vivo tests have confirmed visible results after only 4 weeks.

The skin around the eyes is normally very thin, containing only delicate subcutaneous fatty tissue. As we age it becomes even thinner. In addition to individual genetic disposition, external influences such as UV radiation play a significant part in the appearance of dark circles and eye puffiness. Today, they are viewed to be the result of blood retention in upper layers of the skin caused by poor hemodynamic properties and limited blood flow. If not treated properly, this can lead to a build up of venous back pressure on the fine skin capillaries, resulting in increased damage on an already weakened connective tissue. An insufficient supply of essential oxygen, inflammation processes followed by higher levels of ROS and also increased activity of proteolytic enzymes due to UV exposure contribute to the degeneration of the connective tissue resulting in wrinkles and slackness.

Clinical tests have shown REGU®-AGE to be a proven fast and effective tool to

* reduce dark circles and puffiness around the eyes
* strengthen the connective tissue
* reduce inflammation and prevent UV damage

Incorporation: REGU®-AGE should be processed below 40°C (104°F) REGU-AGE is stable in the pH-range of 5.0 to 8. In formulations, REGU®-AGE is compatible with ethanol at concentrations of up to 20%.
Recommended Usage Rate: 2-5%
Appearance: Clear to slightly opalescent, yellowish to amber solution
Solubility: Water Soluble
pH: 5.3 - 6.3
Preservative: Phenonip at 0.4 - 0.6%
Storage: REGU®-AGE should be stored in the original sealed containers protected from light in a clean and cool place at a preferred temperature between 2° and 8°C (35° - 46°F). In order to avoid secondary microbial contamination after opening, containers should be handled with special care. If stored under the recommended conditions, REGU®-AGE remains stable for at least two years.

INCI: Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein (and) Oxido Reductases
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Riley,
Thanks! It was very helpful of you to post the information, I was planning on looking it up myself but now it's all right here, I was curious about the product as I wasn't familiar with it either!

DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Riley,
Thanks! It was very helpful of you to post the information, I was planning on looking it up myself but now it's all right here, I was curious about the product as I wasn't familiar with it either!

DM
Very Happy

You're welcome. I actually used a product with that ingredient in it, but unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the company. That must say that I was not impressed with my trial of it! Laughing
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
DM,I have used it for 2 weeks.The ACV(Bragg)3 tea bags in 7oz distilled water and 1/3 cup of ACV.I washed my face,toned,than vit c&e serum (Kassy's ).After 2 weeks noticed orange peel and a Bad color.That is the only thing I did differntly,was to add the AVC toner.

I have not used the toner for 4 days and it is some better.So for me 12 hours between the two.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Riley,

DM
Very Happy

You're welcome. I actually used a product with that ingredient in it, but unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the company. That must say that I was not impressed with my trial of it! Laughing

Thanks again!

You always tell it like it is! Good to know it wasn't impressive! That saves me from being tempted! LOL
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I found a serum I really love but the price tag is a tad hard to swallow - $80usd for 30ml. The ingredients list looks so simple and similar to one of Kassy's recipes that I'm wondering if I can make it myself!

Ingredients list : aqua, glycerin, sodium lactate, sodium hyaluronate, EDTA, chlorophenesin.

Do u girls think it's doable? I've not done DIY yet but read alot on EDS. Translating the ingredients to layman terms, isn't it just distilled water, glycerin, lactic acid and hyaluronic acid?

Googled EDTA and learnt its a chelating ingredient. How important do u think this is?

thanks everyone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar, What is this serum for? Eye serum?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
I found a serum I really love but the price tag is a tad hard to swallow - $80usd for 30ml. The ingredients list looks so simple and similar to one of Kassy's recipes that I'm wondering if I can make it myself!

Ingredients list : aqua, glycerin, sodium lactate, sodium hyaluronate, EDTA, chlorophenesin.

Do u girls think it's doable? I've not done DIY yet but read alot on EDS. Translating the ingredients to layman terms, isn't it just distilled water, glycerin, lactic acid and hyaluronic acid?

Googled EDTA and learnt its a chelating ingredient. How important do u think this is?

thanks everyone!

The chlorphenesin is a muscle relaxant so you could substitute argireline for that. As for the EDTA I an not sure as it is supposed to help ingredients mix together but everything mentioned is water soluble so I can't see why you would need it. Someone else might have a different view however.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
snowstar,

I would think it is doable! I know EDTA is also used as a stabelizing agent as well as a chelator, to keep lotions and creams ect. looking nice and pretty especially sitting on shelves!
I would look into the ingredients at:

http://www.makingcosmetics.com

to see what concentrations of each are recommended to use. They have the ingredients listed I beleive and are very good for listing the uses, percentages ect.

HTH
DM
Very Happy
I am sure you know aqua is water, distilled is best as it is purified of clorine and other contaminants found in tap water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza ~ the serum is called bio logica hyaluserum and can be used all over. my dermatologist recommended it to help me combat dehydration. it's manufactured by innoderm.

http://www.biologica.fr/soins-hydratants-visage-c-1_3.html

i'm not french and can't read it Razz my bottle says it's for hydration n pluming up wrinkles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Alley & Darkmoon

thanks =) i have some HA winging its way from the USA, so will definitely give it a try!

it does remind me of kassy's pre-led treatment. except hers uses AHA souffle instead of laetic acid and has the added power of greentea.

my skin is pretty thin so i most probably will try to make 2 versios - one with AHA and he other with the lactic acid.

^_^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Alley & Darkmoon

thanks =) i have some HA winging its way from the USA, so will definitely give it a try!

it does remind me of kassy's pre-led treatment. except hers uses AHA souffle instead of laetic acid and has the added power of greentea.

my skin is pretty thin so i most probably will try to make 2 versios - one with AHA and he other with the lactic acid.

^_^

You are welcome, and good luck!
Enjoy mixing!
Happy Holidays!

DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just found these on the web and figured I'd share here. I haven't tried it yet.

http://skinacea.com/diy/diy_recipes.htm#vitc

Homemade Skinceuticals B5 Serum

Ingredients:

3/8 teaspoon hyaluronic acid powder
1/4 teaspoon Vitamin B5 powder
2 tablespoons distilled water
1-2 drops liquid preservative (optional)
1 glass bottle

Instructions:

Mix everything together inside the bottle. You can add more or less water depending on how thick or liquidy you want the serum to be. If you don’t add a preservative, make sure you use this up in about a week or two so it stays fresh.

Homemade TendSkin Recipe:

Ingredients:

½ cup rubbing alcohol (70% kind)

1 teaspoon witch hazel

20 uncoated aspirin

Instructions:

Throw everything together in a clean bottle and shake well before each use. The end!

Okay, well not the end. This homemade TendSkin should last for around a week (maybe longer?). If it starts to smell vinegary, throw it out and make a new batch because the aspirin has probably gone bad.

Sounds like more alcohol than I'd want to use.. Shock (Unless of course it's in my Christmas cheer glass... Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
This is right in the recipe index thanks to Carekate her version of tend skin!

Recipe for homemade TendSkin (note: this recipe was originally posted by a member on MUA, although it has since disappeared...I don't know who the original author is, but it wasn't me!):

What you need:

Uncoated aspirin
70% alcohol
Witch Hazel
A measuring cup/bottle
2 bottles used to shake mixtures
1 8oz or more bottle/container to keep finished product

What you do:

1. Pour 5.5oz of 70% alcohol into one bottle.
2. Drop 18 uncoated aspirins into the alcohol. Cap bottle and shake.
3. Pour 2.5oz of witch hazel into the second bottle.
4. Drop 8 uncoated aspirins into the witch hazel. Cap bottle and shake.
5. Wait awhile (30 minutes to a whole day) for the aspirins to dissolve in the liquids. Shake periodically to help dissolve aspirin and mix. NOTE: not all of the aspirin will dissolve. That’s ok- some of it never will.
6. Now combine both the alcohol and witch hazel mixtures together into one bottle. Make sure you shake it up before you pour them out so you also get the aspirin residue into the new bottle.

This last bottle is your Tendskin! Use 1-2 a day. Reduce usage if you experience dryness or flaking or irritation. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. Make sure you shake it well before each use.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=44710

Right on page 1

HTH
DM
Laughing

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |