Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!

Jeeeez!....I'll send you the bloody recipe's, I have no secrets from my EDS buds... Laughing Shock Laughing

I won't be hanging a shingle out any time soon, but thanks so much for the vote of confidence.. Very Happy

Here's a thread for DIY recipes + skincare discussion, that I think you will enjoy if you haven't seen it yet...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=5981

Now get busy telling me all about soap making 101, and what those amazing smells are emanating from my boudoir....

I'm going to hit the report button on this thread, because even though I'm not selling anything, I don't want zyggy's genuine + innocent post to be taken the wrong way, after past issues with DIY problems.

If the thread is still around tomorrow, (perhaps moved to the DIY Skincare section), I'll presume it's okay for any of us to post recipe's here.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ok, so what are the ingredients in this miracle product? Very Happy

Here is a list of the ingredients in the mystery creams: (I use approximately 1 1/2 CC's of each active in a 2oz cream or serum for the face)

Face Cream

green tea extract
grapeseed oil
wheat protein
algae extract
mushroom extract
soya lecithin (Supplement gel cap can be used)
vitamins A, (I highly recommend Retinol 1.0% from NCN or Cellbone)
vitamins C + E
hyaluronic acid
SKB
DMAE (less than 3% so no worries there, just a bit of firming)
argerilene (I prefer 5%, but up to 10% can be used)
niacinamide (if you use Olay or CVS perfecting cream as a base, that will suffice)
Matrixyl 3000

For a base any of these can be used; (After much trial and error with preservatives and emulsifiers, I've decided to take the easy way out and use the following as my bases.) This also cuts out an additional 2 or 3 formulating steps.

CVS brand Perfecting Cream (Olay knock off that's almost identical)
Juice Beauty Serums (any will do)
Base Cream (all suppliers have it)

Eye Serum

1 CC of each active will give you a nice potent 1oz eye serum.

DMAE (Just keep this at 3%)
wheat protein
argerilene
seaweed extract
cucumber extract
green tea extract
avocado oil
mushroom extract

The base is equal parts of SKB, glycerin + any base or eye cream you like. I used a juice beauty serum. (1/3rd of each for the base)

Now keep in mind that these concoctions were made for zyggy with 'firming + tightening' as her main concern... The DMAE can certainly be left out, for those who are still on the fence about that product..The other actives will still help with those issues as well.

HTH!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
Thanks so much for hooking everyone up to this. You've created a new class of chemists.

Nice of you to share.

FYI: Skinactives products - the ones already made are very nice. I have noticed the wide variety of DIY ingredients also. Very interesting! I'd probably blow it Laughing

Sis
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I'm cross posting this new recipe from the "For Vitamin C DIYers" thread, as requested.

This is what I recommend to use as your base. (I've been working on this serum for the 'Roller Girls' in particular, but most will love it, so it priemiers today.. ) Okay, so this will be the base;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ds-laboratories-viterol-a-p_7303.htm

You'll also need "Distilled water" (nothing else will do!), that you can buy in any grocery store. Also pick up a small bottle of Vitamin E capsules (for an added boost.)

So here it is all together;

What you need;

- Amber or dark colored 1oz dropper bottle
- Ascorbic Acid crystals or powder
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E capsule
- Viterol A for Face (It has vitamin A + Ferulic acid already in there, and the PH is low.. It will give you a perfectly lovely C serum)

Recipe for 15% 1oz Vitamin C serum; (Do not be tempted to increase the %, it isn't necessary!)

- 1 tsp Ascorbic Acid powder or crystals
- 3 tsp Distilled water
- 2 tsp Viterol A (If you only use this for formulating, you'll have enough to make a years worth of serums!)
- 2 Vitamin E capsules (you'll pierce it, and squeeze the contents into the Viterol A)

Here's how to do it;

Use two shot glasses. In one measure in 1 tsp of Ascorbic Acid, then add the 3 tsp of distilled water to it. Stir a bit, and allow to dissolve completely (5 to 10 minutes).

In the other shot glass, measure in the 2 tsp of Viterol A, then squeeze in the 2 Vitamin E capsule contents and mix this thouroughly.

Once the Ascorbic Acid has "fully" dissolved in the first shot glass, you'll combine the two. Stir well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle..

It is a very stable formulation, and will remain so if kept out of heat and direct light. It will last 2 to 3 months depending on how liberally you use it.

Just an FYI to all my DIY buddies out there.. I came up with this recipe about a month ago, and have been testing it on myself to be sure it was good (I'm also hearing Raves about it, from those I made some for, or shared with!!)... All I can say, is that I believe you won't find a better combination of ingredients, in a very stable base, no matter how much money you spend.. Of course like anything else, it won't be for everyone.

All in all, if you follow my recipe, here's the *main* goodies you'll have;

Vit C - Both AA + Oil soluble varieties
Vit E
Vit A
Ferulic Acid
D-Panthenol (Pro B-5)

And a nanosome delivery system to boot!

If any of you try it, please share what you think here so others can benefit .. Hint, hint to you guys that rave to me in PM's and don't want to share ..

***Be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen/MMU while using this***

Oh yeah, expect a little peeling the first week or so. With continued use you can expect some firmness, in addition to the usual benefits of C serums.

It's a lovely consistency serum, which is absorbed very quickly. Work on one section of skin at a time, and massage in till absorbed. It's the only C serum I ever tried that didn't even give me one blackhead..

A 1oz bottle used on face, neck, decollete' and backs of hands will last about 2 to 3 months, depending how liberal you are...No worry's about oxidation unless you keep it uncapped or expose it to extreme light or heat. If you keep it in fridge, it automatically remains more potent!

I hope you all like it, but please share your thoughts good or bad.. It's how I learn to improve things .. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Kassy I am patiently awaiting my ferulic acid from bulkactives.com (I am really trying to remember why I didn't order from Skinactives). I have the Vitamin E from Personal Forumlator and the ascorbic acid from skinactives. My goal is a simple stable C+E+Ferulic serum that I can mix up every couple of days or once a week.

If I don't see the ferulic acid by the end of the week I might just place another skinactives order.

I'm sure you'll get it soon!

Okay, I've worked out a simple recipe, for a 1oz 15%, C, E + Ferulic... You can relax and make 1 oz, which will probably last you 8 weeks or so.. It is very stable, and will remain so until it's used up, so no need to worry. (The vit E, SKB + FA all make it very stable!)

What you need for 1oz C,E, Ferulic 15%;
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)

What to do;

- In first shot glass, put 1 tsp C into the 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water. Put on the side, stirring occasionally till FULLY dissolved (This can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, so have patience.)

- In 2nd shot glass put in 1/2 tsp vodka, and sprinkle the FA in and mix. (Little formulator spatulas are great for this!) When it has dissolved fully, add in the vitamin E + SKB and stir it all up well.

- When the LAA has fully dissolved in the 1st shot glass, mix the contents of both glasses together, stir very well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle.

Keeping it in a cool dry, dark place, or fridge will keep it potent + stable!

Hope you like it!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy thank you for the good and practical advice. I will take your eye serum as a starting point and figure out what I am actually trying to accomplish and what ingredient will give me that and mix away.
I just returned for a local surplus store where they have all shapes and sizes of glass beakers and jars. I am all set to try the C serum if the ferulic acid ever gets here. I will keep you posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Ladies I just made and used Kassy C+E+Ferulic serum and it is amazing!!! She is right about being patient and waiting for the ascorbic acid to dissolve. The texture is wonderful, silky smooth, absorbed very quickly, not oily at all. This is my new C serum for about 50 cents a bottle!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A: Any chance you could repost you DIY recipe with Matrixyl? So far, based on your recommendations, I have purchased the AALS, Dermwand, and am currently awaiting the ingredients for your DIY Vitamin C serum. Your recommendations have been excellent - please continue!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
That is why I need your advice, I can see how the vit e would be heavy so Emu it is.
Good advice on the SKB I will limit this also. I will post the recipe when I get everything and let you know how it went.

ps Love the your C serum Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Kassy bring it on sister you have filled me with confidence Cool

Firming/Smoothing/Anti-Oxidant Cream 4oz

Alpha Lipoic Acid (1 tsp)
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl) (1 cc/ml or 1/2 tube if from Skinactives)
Coenzyme Q10 (1/4 tsp)
DMAE Bitartrate (1 1/2 tsp)
Ferulic Acid (1/2 tsp)
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)(1 tsp)
Anti-Oxidant Booster (3 squirts)
Every Lipid Serum (ELS) (5 squirts)
Green Tea Extract (1/2 tsp)
Algae Extract (1/2 tsp)
Lactic Acid (5 drops)
Palm + Coconut Oils (1/2 tsp of each)
Skinactives Base Cream (4oz jar with 2 TBS removed)
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE + MAP in separately, before adding to the final cream. A heaping tsp is good.)

Everything can be added and mixed into the base cream in no particular order, EXCEPT the DMAE + MAP, which needs to be mixed separately into the SKB, and then added to the cream.. (Adding it directly to the cream with cause the cream to liquify!!!)

Just add and stir each active in one at a time, keeping the DMAE, MAP, SKB mixture, and also the Lactic Acid till the end.. If you are going to make an eye serum out of this cream as well, scoop a TBS out before adding the Lactic Acid as the final step..

The cream will be a yellowish color, and have little or no scent unless you want to add a couple of drops of essential oil.

EYE SERUM, approx. 1 oz

Mix the 1 TBS of cream you removed before adding the lactic acid, to 1 TBS of original base cream you removed at the start, and stir in 1 TBS of distilled water.. Now add a tiny pinch of DMAE powder and a couple of drops of Green Tea + Anti-Oxidant Booster....(If you want to add Argeriline, just keep it at 5% strength.)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I get my SKB from Nanci at NCN;

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/22.html

I know the oil is a large amount, but I use it in cooking also, so it's not bad..

If you check out the 'skincare' products at the same link, that would be a better option for you.. Look at the massage oils, and also the lotions.. They are pure, and come in 8oz sizes, and very reasonable IMO.. I highly recommend them for formulating.

DMAE can be left out.. I always get PM's asking for a recipe for it though, so put it in..

The great thing about DIY is that you can take the above recipe and customize it to suit 'you'.. Just replace one thing for another, or leave out what you don't like, and replace it with extra base cream or water.. You only need to keep the 4oz intact, to keep the actives at a good %..

Have fun, and don't be a slave to it.. Just go for it!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oh fawnie, no free space, and a nosy kitty to boot... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have the luxury of the empty nest syndrome, except for the grandkids who are here LOTS... Anyhoo, my kitchen is where I put things together..

I keep a good many of my actives, bases, and some oils in one of the veggie bins in my fridge. All the supplies, including jars, bottles, spatulas etc.. are in a big decorative can, that doubles as a plant stand in my family room.

When I'm ready to make something I just set up what I need on the kitchen table or counter, quite like an assembly line, mix what I need, and then back everything goes..

Unless I'm making gifts for others, my own needs are few, and I only need to make my 2 or 3 serums every 3 months or so..

My advice to you and anyone starting out, is to really get a sense of what your skin needs are, and start small, with maybe a nice C serum, and an anti-oxidant lotion or cream..

If I knew then, what I know now, here is what I would get as my must have staples;

L-Ascorbic Acid (4oz will last forever!)
SKB (8oz bottle from NCN will last forever!)
ELS (Every Lipid Serum from Skinactives..
Ferulic Acid (Skinactives)
Green Tea Extract
Lactic Acid
Base Cream and/or Base Lotion
Distilled Water

Squalane Oil
Palm Oil
Coconut Oil
Avocado Oil
MSM Capsules or Powder (must be pure without any fillers) Opti MSM from drugstore.com is what I highly recommend.

The oils I listed are chock full of every wonderful thing our skin needs, and if used in your formulations, will give you all of the anti-oxidants and lipids to make your skin thrive, and also allow you to keep the crap out of your creams/serums...(I could honestly chuck it all, and happily just have my oils...YES, they are that good!) And don't you oily girls be afraid either, they can actually regulate your skin when used correctly.. Wink

**I buy my oils by the quart, but to get the feel of the palm and coconut oil, I recommend you check out this 8oz massage oil... It is pure virgin palm, virgin coconut and jojoba oil without any fillers...It's really awesome, and will give you a good start*** (The only additive, is if you choose a scented one that has essential oils.. I chose the unscented for my needs.)

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_massage_oils.htm

If you want a lot of punch in your serums/creams, or want to address wrinkles or sag etc.. Then you might want to add these, once you know you will enjoy DIY;

Matrixyl peptides
DMAE
Argereline
Idebenone
Alpha Lipoic Acid

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things that might be helpful, but this is a good start.

K

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I made up a batch of the Vitamin C and I am lovin' it. Have been using it for 2 weeks and I haven't seen a blackhead yet which I have gotten from all other Vitamin C I have used except Skin Medica. It also absorbs right in which has always been an issue with me and Vit. C.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on the anniversary!!! I hope we don't hear anything from you until Saturday afternoon Dancing Dancing Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Bummer about too much SKB. As a rule of thumb, only use enough of that to be able to mix the oil based ingredients. A little will do the job, and not leave that awful tacky feeling on your skin... Another thing to watch out for is when you use hyaluronic acid.. If you don't mix it just right, or add too much, you will wind up with spackle .. Shock

As for the body lotion, I highly recommend using as a base, "Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion"... It's awesome stuff, that one of the members here recommended way back when. (I think it might have been 'Existential Lady', but I'm not positive.) Anyway, it's fabulous stuff! For starters it has CoQ10, vitamins A, C + E, ceramindes, aloe leaf juice and jojoba esters.

To make it extra potent, you could just add more of what's already in there, and mix in a little of your oils. To make it richer, you could add some pure shea butter!

The other body lotions that are really nice, should you want more of an oil base, are at the link I provided for the 'oils' I use..(back a page or two.)

ETA: I don't recommend making a body lotion entirely from scratch because 1. I'm lazy, 2. it would be counterproductive cost wise to have to purchase all the emulsifiers, preservatives + base creams + 3. there are too many stages in the formulating, which include heating and temp control. Naaaa, for me Gold Bond fits the bill!

Hey Kassy,
Thanks for the tip on the Gold Bond. How much E do you add? I happen to have some of that lying around. And you suggest adding some coconut and/or palm oil also?

I am using Dr. K's C serum - made with the Viteral A base and it ROCKS. I am loving it.
Thanks for keeping us inspired. here.

For anyone reading this - try out the C serum. It's a great starting point for a DIY product. It's easy and it works. And it's cheap!!!!

Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Clearly DS has two forms floating around of the Viteral A for face - One of them is the Cream formula and the other is a gel.

The product listing that Scottslass has is for the cream (the one Kassy didnt' care for). And the gel is the other - the good one. So of course DS labs has both lists floating around.

and yes this was a major discussion point. I almost bought the wrong stuff until Kassy steered me right. The gel product is the bomb. And the C-serum of Kassy's is awesome. I almost can't believe how good.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hi Sis,

What is the recipe for this Kickass Kassy's Viterol/LAA serum you made?

You used the GEL Viterol, right? Did you have to specify to EDS that you want the GEL?

Is the final serum slippery and thin like a serum or more like a gel or a cream???

I want it too!!!
love
fawnie

Here ya go fawnie;

Kassy's Kickass Concoction ... Laughing Laughing Laughing (It will be a nice consistency serum)

What you need;

- Amber or dark colored 1oz dropper bottle
- Ascorbic Acid crystals or powder
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E capsule
- Viterol A for Face (It has vitamin A + Ferulic acid already in there, and the PH is low.. It will give you a perfectly lovely C serum)

Recipe for 15% 1oz Vitamin C serum; (Do not be tempted to increase the %, it isn't necessary!)

- 1 tsp Ascorbic Acid powder or crystals
- 3 tsp Distilled water
- 2 tsp Viterol A (If you only use this for formulating, you'll have enough to make a years worth of serums!)
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E (or 2 gelcaps in a pinch)

Here's how to do it;

Use two shot glasses. In one measure in 1 tsp of Ascorbic Acid, then add the 3 tsp of distilled water to it. Stir a bit, and allow to dissolve completely (5 to 10 minutes).

In the other shot glass, measure in the 2 tsp of Viterol A, then squeeze in the 2 Vitamin E capsule contents and mix this thouroughly.

Once the Ascorbic Acid has "fully" dissolved in the first shot glass, you'll combine the two. Stir well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle..

It is a very stable formulation, and will remain so if kept out of heat and direct light. It will last 2 to 3 months depending on how liberally you use it.

Since the Viterol A problem seems to be rearing it's ugly head again, here is an adjustment, for those who don't want to deal with the V..

Leave out the 2 tsp of V and replace with;

1 tsp glycerin
1 tsp SKB
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid

Do the mixing the same as above with the glycerin, SKB and Ferulic as step 2, the water and LAA as step 1, then incorporate together when LAA has fully dissolved.. Really mix and dissolve each step well, before putting together..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C Serum (Just about 20%)

1 tsp LAA
½ tsp MAP
¼ tsp Ferulic Acid
¼ tsp Vitamin E oil (or whatever other oil you use with high E content)
3 tsp H20 (distilled)
1 tsp SKB
½ tsp Glycerin
½ tsp Hyaluronic Acid
5 gtts Kukui Oil (optional, but supposedly it helps with melasma + hyperpigmentation)

To mix, use 2 shot glasses again;

#1 glass

LAA + MAP stirred into H20, then add Ferulic Acid and stir after the C has dissolved. (It will take about 15 or 20 minutes!) Stir frequently!

#2 glass

Add all other ingredients, stir well. Now add contents together a little at a time, stirring constantly.

Pour into a dark bottle and shake well.

ETA: .. THDA can be substituted for the MAP, but that would need to be added to glass #2 in the oil phase.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have to say that Dr. Kassy has outdone herself! About two weeks ago, I mixed up her Vit. C recipe (the one with SKB, not Viterol) and I am so impressed. The serum has a great texture, doesn't sting my Obagi face (on week 6), hasn't broken me out and doesn't leave any discernible coating or stickiness. I believe that Kassy said this was a 15% Vitamin C product (too lazy to go back and check!)plus it has Vit. E so I feel confident that I am getting all of those protective antioxidants. Oh, and can't forget the ferrulic acid!

I didn't total up the cost of this 1 oz bottle but it couldn't have added up to more than a few dollars, at most. I have tons of supplies left to make more.

Can you tell how thrilled I am about this!! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Kassy, your pineapple/carrot mask is one of the best. This has been my favorite, I've used it numerous times with good results. After this mask my skin absorbs moisture cream completely, which tells me it removed whatever barrier I had.
I only make a small amount but it's always enough for several masks so I've wondered how long can I keep it in the fridge. Would the enzymes be weakened after a week?

Glad you like it Bellezza!

The recipe I posted is for 1/2 cup which is just perfect for one time.. (You want to really saturate the cloth.) Making it fresh is best, because you really don't want to use this one more than once per week.

It's loaded with enzymes that will literally dissolve the gluey, dead skin cells on your skins surface.

Copied from 'Home Spa Recipe's' thread;

PINEAPPLE + CARROT MASK

Very sensitive skin girls might want to avoid this one, or use for only half the suggested time, or add 1/4 cup of water to the recipe.. This one is loaded with enzymes, and will literally dissolve the dead cells from the top layer of your skin. Avoid the upper eyelid with this, but you can try a dab on the brow bone.

1/4 cup fresh pineapple (may substitute pure non-sweetened fruit or juice, but it's not as good.)
1/4 cup fresh grated carrot (may substitute pure carrot juice, but again, not as good.) Use the larger side of grater for grating the carrot.

Whoosh it all up in a blender, dab on mixture with cotton ball to any areas you want to treat liberally, + saturate either a cotton hanky, or large piece of gauze with the rest. Now lie down, cover face and neck with the fabric and relax for 20 minutes (10 or till you feel a tingle for sensitive gals.)

Rinse well with warm water. If you are a rhino hyde like me, you can now use your microfiber cloth or clarisonic or face brush, to finish the job!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is the best one IMHO, and the only one I've used in quite a while;

15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum, 1oz

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Vitamin E Oil
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Hyaluronic Acid
1 tsp SKB
1 tsp vodka
3 1/2 tsp H2O

To prepare use 2 shot glasses. In glass #1 put the H2O, Vodka, LAA + Ferulic Acid.. Stir frequently. It can take up to 30 minutes to *fully* dissolve. Mix the remaining ingredients in glass #2. When the contents of glass #1 have fully dissolved, combine both, stir well and put in your 1oz bottle.. Give it a good shake, and store in fridge or in a cool, dark place.. Shake a bit before use.

For all of you that are currently using any of the C serum recipe's I've posted, you will definitely want to try this new *tweaked* one..

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
This is the best one IMHO, and the only one I've used in quite a while;

15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum, 1oz

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Vitamin E Oil
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Hyaluronic Acid
1 tsp SKB
1 tsp vodka
3 1/2 tsp H2O

To prepare use 2 shot glasses. In glass #1 put the H2O, Vodka, LAA + Ferulic Acid.. Stir frequently. It can take up to 30 minutes to *fully* dissolve. Mix the remaining ingredients in glass #2. When the contents of glass #1 have fully dissolved, combine both, stir well and put in your 1oz bottle.. Give it a good shake, and store in fridge or in a cool, dark place.. Shake a bit before use.

For all of you that are currently using any of the C serum recipe's I've posted, you will definitely want to try this new *tweaked* one..

We need to have a serious talk about marketing this stuff girl!!! I made the above c-serum and I will say I was skeptical because I do love the "original to me" recipe of yours I was making. I used the serum this morning and wow. I noticed right away that I was clearly adding too much SKB to my version, as this new one absorbed quickly without that tacky feeling. I honestly didn't think my other c-serum was tacky but in comparison to this it definitely was.
I just received a bucket of MAP, that I bought basically for the c-serum, can I add 1/4 tsp to the H20 mixture? I know I just can't leave well enough alone....

cheesetoastie good luck with your 1st go of DIY, let us know how you make out. Oh BTW, once you have your first successful concoction this DIY stuff is like crack!!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
***************Cross Posting My New Recipe***************

I also love nourishing serums, and made this lately. I usually use something for a month before sharing the recipe in case something goes flooey, but this is still working out at the 10 day mark.. So it's debut time now..

Simple Semi-DIY Nourishing Serum

1/2 bottle (1oz) of Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (linked below)
1 TBS Distilled Water
.5 ml/cc Green Tea Extract
.5 ml/cc Wheat Protien Oil
.5 ml/cc Grape seed Oil
.5 ml/cc Avocado, Palm or Rosehip Oil (any of these will do)
.5 ml/cc Algae Extract
.5 ml/cc Lactic Acid (or Beta Hydroxy is fine)
2 squirts of AOB (Anti-Oxidant Booster from skinactives.com
2 squirts of ELS (Every Lipid Serum from skinactives.com

Decant 1oz of the Juice Beauty Serum into a mixing cup, add the water to that 1st and stir, then add and mix in each active stirring well. Store in a 2oz dropper bottle. No need to refrigerate.

It's just a nice nourishing serum! It would be especially good for the "Roller Girls" amongst us, or anybody who has compromised their skin barrier in one way or another..All skin types can really benefit from this serum. For those with very dry skin, you could add a tsp of glycerin to the recipe! For those with very oily skin, just leave out the ELS and add 1/2 tsp of vodka or witch hazel. (Just remember that even oily goils need oils.. !!)

I specifically chose the 'oil free' Juice Beauty Serum below, because it allows me to add my oils of choice, without it being too much..

I love, love, love all 3 Juice Beauty Serums sold here at EDS, and often use them as a base for DIY creams/lotions/serums.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juice-beauty-oil-free-moi-p_4773.htm

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I believe metal is metal. All metals are minerals, but not all minerals are metals.

Laughing Laughing Laughing That struck me funny..

I'm gonna whip up something with pearl powder, green tea, SKB, lactic acid and an oil or two and see what happens... Bad Grin

Thanks for the info Riley!

No problem! Good luck with your latest concoction!
havana8

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, in case it's helpful, I remember Mary (hpjrt) sharing lots of tips on how to work with Pearl Powder so as to avoid pebbles, a mealy texture and "goo"! Laughing There was quite a bit of discussion/troubleshooting starting on the first page of http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=169280#169280 and other threads.

My skin loves Pearl Powder. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |