Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Inky, I don't know Marta's background to be honest with you. But, I read her site a lot and she does do a ton of research on things. Just thought you may want to look at another point of view.

No problem.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=166

Alley,

I didn't realize this was on a DIY site. Way cool. Thanks.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse you are going to have a full day of fun now - check out this thread if you like DIY.
My fav is Essential Wholesale.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32529

This is why I was interested in the stem cell as an active - I can always find room in some concoction for anti-aging magic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
InkyProse you are going to have a full day of fun now - check out this thread if you like DIY.
My fav is Essential Wholesale.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32529

This is why I was interested in the stem cell as an active - I can always find room in some concoction for anti-aging magic.

heh. Very Happy

Fawnie just dinged me on this. I thought I was being original starting up this exact same type of thread-- I didn't know you had started one. Geez. It's a good thing I don't have much planned for today. Laughing

I also ordered Epidermal Growth Factor BT from Skin Actives. It looks pretty interesting.

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I started that thread because I was wasting hours trying to find suggested DIY sites from at least 4 different threads every time I ordered soemthing. Great minds think a like. Laughing Seriously it is a good thing you don't have a busy day planned.

I have the EGF from Skinactive in my fridge at home, but never used it in anything. It is so touchy that I am basically afraid to use it. Jonatan suggested I could mix the 2 and then take a couple of drops for my eye serum for e.g. and leave the rest in the fridge for up to 6 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I started that thread because I was wasting hours trying to find suggested DIY sites from at least 4 different threads every time I ordered soemthing. Great minds think a like. Laughing Seriously it is a good thing you don't have a busy day planned.

I have the EGF from Skinactive in my fridge at home, but never used it in anything. It is so touchy that I am basically afraid to use it. Jonatan suggested I could mix the 2 and then take a couple of drops for my eye serum for e.g. and leave the rest in the fridge for up to 6 months.

Girl, I am with you. I spent many hours reading and logging info from the DIY threads.

Thanks for info about the EGF.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for all of you? Does anybody know of any reason why "pearl powder" shouldn't be incorporated into a C serum..?

I know it's loaded with 'minerals', but does that equate to 'metals'... Confused (Is that a really stupid question.. Embarassed )

Any scientific types out there... Pray

I can't believe I've neglected this great active for so long. I've got to make a cream with this at least, so if anybody has any thoughts on other goodies that would compliment it, I'm all ears.. Very Happy

Any thoughts on this combination of actives; (which would be especially appealing to those with hyperpigmentation/melasma/freckles)

- pearl powder
- green tea extract
- grapeseed extract
- willow bark extract
- kukui oil
- rosehip oil
- lactic acid (do I need to use a chelating ingredient to incorporate the acid????)

Thoughts anyone?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
You probably already know all this, Kassy, but this is what I found when I was searching for pearl powder a while ago.

"Pearl is also used as a major beauty tonic because of its rich source of amino acids, mucopolysaccharides, B-vitamins and a wide range of minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, strontium, copper, selenium, silicon and titanium.

Amino acids contained in Chinese pearl powder include: Amino AcidsAspartic Acid, Thronine, Isoleucine, Serine, Alanine, Phenylanine, Arginine, Methionine, Lysine, and Glutamic Acid."
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You probably already know all this, Kassy, but this is what I found when I was searching for pearl powder a while ago.

"Pearl is also used as a major beauty tonic because of its rich source of amino acids, mucopolysaccharides, B-vitamins and a wide range of minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, strontium, copper, selenium, silicon and titanium.

Amino acids contained in Chinese pearl powder include: Amino AcidsAspartic Acid, Thronine, Isoleucine, Serine, Alanine, Phenylanine, Arginine, Methionine, Lysine, and Glutamic Acid."

I did see that while I've been researching a bit, but what I can't seem to figure out is if 'minerals' are considered 'metals'... I'm drawing a blank.. Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Any thoughts on this combination of actives; (which would be especially appealing to those with hyperpigmentation/melasma/freckles)

- pearl powder
- green tea extract
- grapeseed extract
- willow bark extract
- kukui oil
- rosehip oil
- lactic acid (do I need to use a chelating ingredient to incorporate the acid????)

Thoughts anyone?

Forgot to add 'kojic acid' to the above.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I did see that while I've been researching a bit, but what I can't seem to figure out is if 'minerals' are considered 'metals'... I'm drawing a blank.. Confused

I believe metal is metal. All metals are minerals, but not all minerals are metals.

"mineral
1.any of a class of substances occurring in nature, usually comprising inorganic substances, as quartz or feldspar, of definite chemical composition and usually of definite crystal structure, but sometimes also including rocks formed by these substances as well as certain natural products of organic origin, as asphalt or coal.
2.a substance obtained by mining, as ore.
3.(loosely) any substance that is neither animal nor vegetable.

4.minerals, British. mineral water.
5.Nutrition. any of the inorganic elements, as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, or sodium, that are essential to the functioning of the human body and are obtained from foods."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mineral
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I believe metal is metal. All metals are minerals, but not all minerals are metals.

Laughing Laughing Laughing That struck me funny..

I'm gonna whip up something with pearl powder, green tea, SKB, lactic acid and an oil or two and see what happens... Bad Grin

Thanks for the info Riley!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing That struck me funny..

I'm gonna whip up something with pearl powder, green tea, SKB, lactic acid and an oil or two and see what happens... Bad Grin

Thanks for the info Riley!

No problem! Good luck with your latest concoction!
havana8

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, in case it's helpful, I remember Mary (hpjrt) sharing lots of tips on how to work with Pearl Powder so as to avoid pebbles, a mealy texture and "goo"! Laughing There was quite a bit of discussion/troubleshooting starting on the first page of http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=169280#169280 and other threads.

My skin loves Pearl Powder. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana! I devoured all that great info and Mary's recipe for pearl paste.. Very Happy

I'll put my thinking cap on, and see if I can come up with something a little easier for the masses.. I need to research what other actives will compliment the pearl.. hmm!

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy and Riley I saw all the same info hoping to finally be able to help in this DIY world instead of asking for help and that was all beyond me and my lack of high school chemistry (took biology instead - not helpful). I couldn't even find anything that recommends how much of the pearl powder you would put in formula. Everything I read said "add to your favourite cream" - but how much????
All the other info was about taking the powder internally as a supplement.

The pearl powder looks awesome, I will be interested in what you come up with Kassy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Thanks havana! I devoured all that great info and Mary's recipe for pearl paste.. Very Happy

I'll put my thinking cap on, and see if I can come up with something a little easier for the masses.. I need to research what other actives will compliment the pearl.. hmm!

This is exciting. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with Woman.... Hear great things about pearl powder - Does Mary still make hers?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have a question for all of you? Does anybody know of any reason why "pearl powder" shouldn't be incorporated into a C serum..?

I know it's loaded with 'minerals', but does that equate to 'metals'... Confused (Is that a really stupid question.. Embarassed )

Any scientific types out there... Pray

I can't believe I've neglected this great active for so long. I've got to make a cream with this at least, so if anybody has any thoughts on other goodies that would compliment it, I'm all ears.. Very Happy

- pearl powder
- green tea extract
- grapeseed extract
- willow bark extract
- kukui oil
- rosehip oil

Thoughts anyone?

Kassy,

You really should consider marketing your concoctions. I tried your C serum today. Incredible. I feel sooooo doggone pretty!

I'll be keeping my eye out to see if you can get the above potion to work. I wish I could help you out with the recipe. Sad

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

"mineral
1.any of a class of substances occurring in nature, usually comprising inorganic substances, as quartz or feldspar, of definite chemical composition and usually of definite crystal structure, but sometimes also including rocks formed by these substances as well as certain natural products of organic origin, as asphalt or coal.
2.a substance obtained by mining, as ore.
3.(loosely) any substance that is neither animal nor vegetable.

4.minerals, British. mineral water.
5.Nutrition. any of the inorganic elements, as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, or sodium, that are essential to the functioning of the human body and are obtained from foods."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mineral

Yes, I believe calcium is a mineral but it is not a metal. And zinc, a metal, is a mineral. Metals are a subclass of minerals.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've come to the conclusion that when using SKB and/or Ferulic Acid in any formulation it works best to heat for 6 or 8 seconds in the microwave..

Just made a new C serum, and the heating made it a breeze, and the serum also wound up with a nicer consistency.. (A bit thicker than usual, which some folks prefer..)

What I did;

Put FA in a shot glass, added just 1/4 tsp of vodka, (it dissolved right away), put in the SKB, stirred and then heated in the mic.. Then I stirred in the oil, + 1/2 tsp of glycerin and incorporated the LAA/water/ after it dissolved.. Then at the end, I added a 1/2 tsp of HA serum (NCN) I had on hand.

I decided to use a little glycerin, and really like the extra moisture and slip it gave it!

Hope that helps any others who are dealing with some lumps.. Embarassed

milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy: Where do you purchase your cucumber extract?

I think I have tracked down just about everything else Cool

Drove down to SkinActives today to pick up my order and met Jonatan. He was friendly and nice and he gave me a few sample products to try out. Wish they carried all the ingredients so it would be a one stop shopping.

I don't remember how many orders I placed this past week hmm but hopefully everything will arrive quickly and I'll make my first batch of something Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
Kassy: Where do you purchase your cucumber extract?

I think I have tracked down just about everything else Cool

Very Happy

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4032873/4055725.htm

Lawd have moicy! Don't overwhelm yourself Mil.. (I don't know how I'm gonna leave you lot alone for the 2 weeks I'm away.. Laughing )

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Girls we are all going to have to stick together for 3 long weeks when Kassy is on holiday!!

I can only imagine the mess she is going to find when she gets back. Everyone running a muck putting green tea extract in serums with LAA Shock Shock Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that when using SKB and/or Ferulic Acid in any formulation it works best to heat for 6 or 8 seconds in the microwave..

Just made a new C serum, and the heating made it a breeze, and the serum also wound up with a nicer consistency.. (A bit thicker than usual, which some folks prefer..)

What I did;

Put FA in a shot glass, added just 1/4 tsp of vodka, (it dissolved right away), put in the SKB, stirred and then heated in the mic.. Then I stirred in the oil, + 1/2 tsp of glycerin and incorporated the LAA/water/ after it dissolved.. Then at the end, I added a 1/2 tsp of HA serum (NCN) I had on hand.

I decided to use a little glycerin, and really like the extra moisture and slip it gave it!

Hope that helps any others who are dealing with some lumps.. Embarassed

My FA didn't fully dissolve. It just turned murky even after microwaving it. Is that normal? I was stirring it for 30min and still not fully dissolved.

How long can you put it in the microwave for?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
funkydory FA will remain milky white even after it has dissolved, it will never be clear.

HTH

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |