Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
is this a better c-serum than Kassy's one with Viterol? C plus E plus Ferulic, etc etc?
Was about to order it all...
hmmmm Confused Smile

As milbader said these are two very different animals. The C-serum is a morning application and the firming face is a night cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow I love this place. Many heartfelt thanks to EDS, and to everyone who shares their experiences and knowledge!

Would this be the thread to ask some questions about the "Simple Semi-DIY Nourishing Serum" recipe that Kassy posted in the Vitamin C Serum thread back in May (page 17)?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
This would be the place 'caboodle'... Ask away! .. Very Happy

And how are all my little Chick-A-Dee's... Laughing I have lot's of reading to catch up on... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back Kassy!!

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Things have been a little slow here on the boards.

Glad you're back.

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
This would be the place 'caboodle'... Ask away! .. Very Happy

And how are all my little Chick-A-Dee's... Laughing I have lot's of reading to catch up on... Embarassed

Glad you are back !!!! Did you have fun on the east coast?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Glad you are back !!!! Did you have fun on the east coast?

I'm worn to a frazzle, but yes it was great fun.., and now I have the grandkids here till Friday running amok .. (But that is the kink of *tired* I like .. Very Happy )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Good to see you again.

Can you recommend a good antioxidant base oil where the oil has naturally occuring antioxidants - for example, I believe Rice Bran Oil has naturally occuring E and Ferulic acid - so I was thinking of just adding some tetrahexadecyl ascorbate (oil soluble C) to it in order to make a really good antioxidant serum?

Are there others beside Rice Bran that you are aware of?

Thanks! BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
oops forgot to mention any oils with naturally occuring forms of Vitamin A?

Thanks! BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
oops forgot to mention any oils with naturally occuring forms of Vitamin A?

Thanks! BF

rosehip is one with A.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Kassy,

Good to see you again.

Can you recommend a good antioxidant base oil where the oil has naturally occuring antioxidants - for example, I believe Rice Bran Oil has naturally occuring E and Ferulic acid - so I was thinking of just adding some tetrahexadecyl ascorbate (oil soluble C) to it in order to make a really good antioxidant serum?

Are there others beside Rice Bran that you are aware of?

Thanks! BF

Avocado Oil would be perfect!

Avocado Oil is rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E as well as amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids..

Look for the "cold pressed" variety available in the natural section of most supermarkets etc..

Rosehip is also nice, but is best as a compliment, rather than on it's own as a carrier oil... (Too thick, sticky and orangy/red for me anyhoo.)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
***For the 'cupping' enthusiasts among us, or those who just want great skin easy and naturally***

VACULIFTER/CUPPING MASSAGE OIL (Face + Body)

3 oz Jojoba Oil (pure organic is best)
3 oz Cold Pressed Avocado Oil
1 oz Vitamin E Oil (pure without fillers is best)
1 tsp glycerin (optional, but nice for mature/dry skin)
5 drops of Antioxidant Booster (optional, but nice)
Vitamin C (optional, but any "oil soluble" variety you have on hand would be great added at 5%)

Stir and mix it all together, and store in an 8oz bottle.. I just use a water bottle, but a dark glass bottle is great if you have one.. No need to refrigerate, if you will use up within 6 to 8 weeks.. Recipe can easily be halved or doubled to suit your needs.

This will also take care of any dry skin issues from head to toe if used alone, or you add a little to a face/body lotion!

The good stuff in there;

Vitamins A, B's, (C), D, E
Lecithin
Potassium
Fatty Acids (palmitic, palmitoleic, stearic, oleic, linoleic and linolenic)
Bacteria resistant, + increased resistance to oxidation (Jojoba)

In short, this has everything in it that benefits the skin, without any of the chemicals, fillers + nasty stuff we don't need.. (I so love my oils, can you tell.. )

Off to pull out my Vaculifter's, and enjoy a lazy at home spa (Sun)day... Very Happy
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
welcome bk kASSY!1111111 how was ur hols
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to use this for my No Lipo Lipo massage oil. Thanks Kassy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind; my holiday's were awesome, thanks. Made the rounds to see all our family, spent time at the Jersey shore + spent 3 nights gambling my arse off in Atlantic City.. Loved it all!

Frodo; This concoction would be perfect for NLL... good thinking! Wait till you see how wonderful it conditions/moisturizers your body skin..

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, how concentrated is the Antioxidant Booster? You only need 5 drops for 8 ounces of oil??? That's really impressive! Thanks Kassy!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Wow, how concentrated is the Antioxidant Booster? You only need 5 drops for 8 ounces of oil??? That's really impressive! Thanks Kassy!

Actually it's 5 squirts, but I couldn't catch the edit button in time.. (It will dawn on those who have it I bet Wink )

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Actually it's 5 squirts, but I couldn't catch the edit button in time.. (It will dawn on those who have it I bet Wink )

Oh ok that makes more sense Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank you!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been searching for an easy way to offer you guys a vitamin C recipe, that will also contain vitamin A + E, but without it being too hard for beginners to tackle..

I think I found it, in Wheat Germ Oil; (read on)

Wheat germ oil is a highly rich unrefined oil that is one of the richest sources of Vitamin E, A and D. It also has a high content of proteins and Lecithin. This oil is widely used for external application, as it helps a great deal in getting rid of skin irritation including skin dryness and cracking. Wheat germ oil is increasingly finding its way in the making of skin care products. The oil extracted from wheat germ, the botanical name of which is Triticum vulgare, has a shelf life of near about 6-8 months.

The other great thing (if all works the way it should), is the "lecithin" in it, should act as an emulsifier, and allow those who wish, to skip the SKB, and still have things stay together well.

http://beauty.indobase.com/carrier-oils/wheatgerm-oil.html

I'm whipping up a batch using it right now, and I'll let you know how it turns out..

To be continued ... Image

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I'm whipping up a batch using it right now, and I'll let you know how it turns out..

To be continued ...

Okay, nix the wheat germ oil thought, it starts out yellow + smells like shittay.. Embarassed

Does anybody have thoughts on getting some Jojoba oil in the serum? (I love the smooth, thick consistency, and the way it pushes everything in the skin.. Think it's compatible?)

mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Your information here has been so helpful.
Ok, I tried to post a new thread on the DIY forum the other day but didn't get any responses..LOL..It was regarding my recent order from Skin Actives!

Just looking for some help...Anyone?
I am a loyal SkinCeuticals C/E plus FA for a while and it just got too expensive and most likely too unstable.
So, I went to SA and bought AA, FA, HA, Kojic Acid, etc..
Being the dork I am I fully forgot the SKB..or canvas cream, etc.. Smile Confused

Ok, so I am still going to try and do a serum with the AA, vodka, HA (may leave out) and FA..Got distilled water, glycerine, and vit. E capsules..
Anyone have any idea what I should do?
I am so sorry for the questions..I just don't wanna mess it up...I would like a strong c serum...
Can I do something, you think, with my ingrdients, before I place another order for SKB? Confused
Thanks a billion!

PS: my main issues are Hyperpigmentation, clarity, etc etc...
Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hold your horses for a bit manda, and I'll post a recipe for you to try with what you have..

Just feeding the grandkids dinner, and I'll be back!

mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, dear!

I have been trying to dissolve the AA crystals from Skin Actives in distilled water for about 2 hrs now and still, they settle at the bottom..Is this okay?
The Ferulic in the Kettle One seems to be doing fine! Go figure!

Laughing

So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! Very Happy

Amanda
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
It should have dissolved within half hour or so.. Did you measure the correct amounts.. (Don't use more than 1tsp of C!)

Try this; (It's a teense less than an oz, and somewhere around 18%.. I didn't do the math..)

1 tsp L-AA
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
2 vitamin E caps
1/4 tsp vodka
1/2 tsp glycerin
5ish drops Kojic Acid (check the packing slip, to see the recommended concentration, which could be more!)
3 tsp distilled water
1 1/2 tsp of any thing you have to use as a base/emulsifier. (It needs to be something simple + plain, but it's a must that you use something to emulsify..)

Or you could just wait to get the SKB, which personally I can't live without..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just made a new batch for myself, and wanted to see what the addition of Jojoba Oil (really a wax ester) does.. I love the feel of this, and it penetrates quickly..

In case anybody wants to try, this is what I did;

15% Vitamin C, E + FA Serum with Jojoba

1 tsp L-AA
1 tsp SKB
1 tsp Jojoba Oil
3 tsp H2O
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/4 tsp Vitamin E Oil
1/4 tsp Vodka or Witch Hazel (vodka is best and purest though.)

Here's what it looks like finished; (Creamy whitish and opaque, with a nice serumy texture.) Many of you have PM'd asking what the serums I make look like, so now you have it..

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |