Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your help Alley. I did add another Tbsp of cream but I haven't tried it yet, I have the eye tuck on. If I still think it's too oily I'll use it as a body cream.

I think next time I'll stick to yours and Kassy's formulas instead of trying to be original...
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Thank you for your help Alley. I did add another Tbsp of cream but I haven't tried it yet, I have the eye tuck on. If I still think it's too oily I'll use it as a body cream.

I think next time I'll stick to yours and Kassy's formulas instead of trying to be original...

Do not stop trying to be original that is how we all find great new formulas Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Anyhow, is there any recipe to make a cream or serum specifically for the horizontal brow lines, some miracle potion that may 'freeze' the brow? And for crow's feet?
The only ingredient I seem to read about that may work in someway is "Argireline", right? Rolling Eyes What others could I add to a base cream for these areas?

Sorry about my ignorance, just starting to learn about all this 'stuff'... Very Happy

Very Happy Learning a lot, but... quoting myself, what could I use as ingredients to make a kind of 'botox' effect cream?

Thanks.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Alley, What is MAP and were can I order it.Thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Not Alley but here:
Hope this helps.

Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)

MAP is a derivative of vitamin C that has the same collagen-boosting effect as L-ascorbic acid, but is more stable (it doesn’t oxidize as rapidly) and is gentler on sensitive skin. MAP is becoming more popular in skin-care lines as customers learn of the disadvantages of L-ascorbic acid. However since MAP does still degrade over time, it is important to keep these products sealed and away from sunlight.

Below is the recipe index Havana8 out together near the bottom are suppliers for DIY

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:11 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, what are the disadventages of L-ascorbid acid?
Happy Thanksgiving!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
L-Ascorbic (same as Ascorbic Acid) is straight up the natural form of Vitamin C everything else is a derivative of Vitamin C.
That said it oxidizes much more quickly, it is in a DIY recipe very difficult to stabilize, even cosmetic manufacturers in labs have not had the greatest success with this issue IMHO.
But staying at home it is soluble in water, once mixed in water light and air oxidize it rather rapidly, this is why it is made in small batches 1 to 2 week supply, stored in a dark glass container and refrigerated by most. The ph level must be correct, I would use ph test strips to be sure in making any recipe.

HTH
DM
Just getting coffee s hope I covered everything if not I am sure some one will chime in with more information.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Can't help but notice DM made to the 1000 post mark... congrats...

I've never done DIY eye cream so can't say too much - I'm still using some stuff from Cellbone - love that company and it was Kassy who sent me in tha direction. Great products, great prices and very generous with the freebies.... Seriously!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis!

Skippie and I have the same issue with the dreaded upper eyelid droop and eyes that are really sensitive to the fragrances in most products! She just received this Forticelle eye cream and no fragrance yay! It is made especially for the droopy lid syndrome, so I am ordering asap!

DM
You knew I was a big mouth Very Happy
Enjoy your trip down here to sunny Florida! Don't forget to wear slip off shoes for the airport! I just made a trip north and back! Just love flying these days!
Happy Turkey Day!

5% products discount

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon... Hey, will yah let us know how you like that stuff?? Tempted to try the Forticelle.

By the way, Thanks to you, your fair play, your Kindness and your voice of reason; I Love it here again! : )
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
4AZ,
You are just too kind, you have me blushing! thanks, glad you are here to stay!

I will be happy to let you know how it works, and if my eyes don't tear that alone is a winner! But will keep you all posted as to the lifting! Fingers Crossed!

Happy Thanksgiving to you 4AZ

DM

5% products discount

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
It IS the truth... You too.. I am grateful for Old and NEW friends....

DarkMoon wrote:
4AZ,
You are just too kind, you have me blushing! thanks, glad you are here to stay!

I will be happy to let you know how it works, and if my eyes don't tear that alone is a winner! But will keep you all posted as to the lifting! Fingers Crossed!

Happy Thanksgiving to you 4AZ

DM
4AZ
5% products discount

Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sister sweets,

Would you mind sharing what you use from Cellbone and what it has done for you? Anything firming, etc.? I keep going back and lurking on their site.. Been tempted for over a year, but.. yah know.

Thanks

sister sweets wrote:
Can't help but notice DM made to the 1000 post mark... congrats...

I've never done DIY eye cream so can't say too much - I'm still using some stuff from Cellbone - love that company and it was Kassy who sent me in tha direction. Great products, great prices and very generous with the freebies.... Seriously!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
4AZ,

Skippie has been on the search along with me and is the one who lead me to the Forticelle, it is made especially for the upper eye and no
fragrance, if you are looking for something for the upper eye, lids and all!

DM
Any friend is a treasure! Thanks again.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You Ma'am hmmmm.... I can't get into the actual website for Forticelle. Is that where you ordered it from? Strange..as I wanted more info. I don't have too much of a problem with smells, unless they're musty and fishy like Skin Signals CP's...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem! Skippie was kind enough to provide the following on another thread!

Skippie wrote:
This is the site that Dee28 found selling the products, DM. Great prices, as you can see!!

http://www.innerbeautyrevealed.com/servlet/the-ELASTOGENESIS/Categories

Thanks so much Skippie and Dee!

I'll check it out as soon as possible. I appreciate you posting the link.

DM

5% products discount

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! Thanks! Weird, but I can't see the ingredients here.. What the Heck?

I sure Hope you hurry up and tell me how you like it.. it's gotta work..it's gotta work...oh dear Lord it's gotta work Pray
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,Alley or Dark Moon,
I have ordered all the items for the following DIY creams and seruns. Now I need to know it what order do I use them. I will be using Vit E&E 15%,Face firming cream ,serious winkle cream,Eye firming,also I use retin a 0.05%.

morning wash ,vit e,sunscreen by ZO oclipse.
night wash, wait 30 min,retin a, wait 1 hour avocado.

I want to still use retina (I did my 18weeks big improvement)but am not sure in what order to use anything I need. As always thanks to all of you.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
4AZ,
Here are the ingredients kindly listed by Skippie on the other thread after she received hers!

Water, butyrospermum, parkii (shea butter) fruit, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, ceteareth-20, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, glycerin, phenoxyethanol, elastin, betaglucan, retinyl palmitate, hibiscus sabdariffa (hibiscus) extract, calendula officinalis (calendula) extract, sympthytum officinale (comfrey) extract, hydrastis canadensis (golden seal) root extract, agave americana (century) extract, plantago major (plantain) extract, medicago sativa (alfalfa) extract, centella asiatica (hydrocotyl) extract, tocopheryl acetate, zea mays (corn) oil, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, sodium carbomer, disodium EDTA, cholecalciferol

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61,

The recipes aren't mine!
I know you have a wait time with retin A, after that normal application is:
serum
lotion (if used)
cream

It looks as though you are making two creams? If that is the case I would suggest one morning one evening. If you are making a serum then follow the recommendations above.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I had the same problem! Skippie was kind enough to provide the following on another thread!

Skippie wrote:
This is the site that Dee28 found selling the products, DM. Great prices, as you can see!!

http://www.innerbeautyrevealed.com/servlet/the-ELASTOGENESIS/Categories

Thanks so much Skippie and Dee!

I'll check it out as soon as possible. I appreciate you posting the link.

DM

I stumbled across that site in my search for a cheaper alternative to elastica bounceback cream. The prices are unbelievably low, apparently the product is not yet available in stores.

I have ordered the firming moisturizer and am just waiting to receive it now. This product sounds very promising so hope it lives up to the hype!

Dee
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dee,
I didn't intend to leave you out as Skippie pointed out you were the one who let her know about it! Very Happy

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kiddie's! I see I haven't missed much since my last visit... Laughing

As usual, I'm a PM away in case anybody has additional questions for me.. Very Happy

♥ + BIG hugs...K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just to keep everyone updated, Hope Skippie and Dee don't mind, there has been some peeling with these products so check the thread in case you might be sensitive to the ingredients!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36176&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25

HTH
DM
Very Happy Rolling Eyes Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased a Collagen Serum that is supposed to work miracles. I would love for some of the DIY experts to look at the ingredients and tell me what they think.

Ingredients: L-Ascorbate, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Lysine, (copper) Bioflavonoids, Zinc gluconate, Silicon, Base of USP Grade Ethyl Alcohol, Glycerin in purified water

The copper is listed on the ingredient list that I received, but not on the web site. The web site can be googled by searching Plum Collagen Serum. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |