Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
***Cross posting from AALS thread***

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract ( http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-be-u-TEA-licious-organic-White-Tea-extract-Green-Coffee-Berry-Peach ) A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein ( http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=994 )This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks
-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels nice + absorbs quickly. You can follow it up with moisturizer (if needed) and makeup... Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

This is awesome. Thanks Kassy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
katewilson wrote:
wow, great, then I just go for the newer one . I am always one step too late, the good things is I already have many of the ingredient for the new spritz. Thanks Kassy.

I'm with You...Kate. I will need to do some on-line shopping but that's never bothered me much. Laughing
I love the idea of a spritz - I have a smaller bottle to use through the day and a bigger bottle in the frig. And I'll have to make one for the boyfriend Laughing If I have it - he wants it. Well, actually I tell he NEEDS it and he says OK Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Are the effects of retinyl palmitate similar to that of retin a, but gentler? (i'm sure I read that somwhere) Also, can this be used alone, or just added to a basic cream/serum ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Are the effects of retinyl palmitate similar to that of retin a, but gentler? (i'm sure I read that somwhere) Also, can this be used alone, or just added to a basic cream/serum ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

You're right Jackie, RP is much gentler than RA. It's a perfect alternative for those who can't use RA. RP is converted to retinoic acid once it penetrates to the cellular level, but it will never be the equivalent of straight up RA.... IMHO.

You can add RP to many basic creams or serums, just be sure the other ingredients are compatible. Also keep in mind it's an 'oil' soluble active, so mixing it into a tsp of say macadamia oil would be good, then just add that bit to your cream or serum. (All retail products have emulsifiers etc, so most actives mix well and easily into them.)

If you do a google searh for "products that contain retinyl palmitate", you can study them to see what other ingredients are compatible. You will also quickly learn how to figure out exactly what amount of active is in a retail product, and then boost that up to a really effective concentration with your own DIY products. (Half the fun is in the learning, and you will be a DIY sleuth in no time... Laughing )

Check out the "CeraVe" products, which are wonderful for most semi DIY ventures!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy, that's some great info!

you're a star,

Jackie xx
nimmi

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
katewilson wrote:
Kassy, Thank you for the new C,E plus Retinyl Palmitate serum recipe! yeah Smile I definitely want to try this recipe since the Viterol/LAA Serum is not the option for me anymore. I believe Retinol has had a very good effect on me, maybe even better for me than RetinA. not sure exactly why, may be the RetinA Micro 0.1% is to strong for me like rilleygirl think.

I have been waiting and have always been hoping that someday you would make a recipe like this one, ever since I read what you stated below:

"the powerhouses that really make a difference at the cellular level are; A, C, + E.. Anytime these 3 can be incorporated together, I believe you will have a synergistic one two punch."

Quick question, I used 2 tsp of Aloe Vera Gel with Tetrasodium EDTA to replace the SKB in your 15% VC Serum, can I do the same in my GreenTea Pre_LED serum?

A, C + E still rules IMHO... Very Happy

Which LED serum are you using? Anyhoo, you might want to try a new one I just posted in the AALS thread.. In fact, I'll copy it to this thread for you... Be right back.. Very Happy

That sounds like a fantastic recipe (one with Retinyl Palmitate) Kassy. I use Green Cream at night, can I use this along with that or Retinol? In the morning I use your DIY Vit C serum. Is this recipe for night time only? Thanks
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
For DMAE and/or Two Timing Tightener Fans, you might like this!

DMAE + ALGAE EXTRACT FIRMING GEL

- 1 tsp DMAE Bitartrate
- 1 1/2 ml/cc Algae Extract
- 1 tsp SKB (warmed in microwave)
- 2 tsp Distilled Water
- 2 1/2 tsp Skin Gel ( http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.vitacost.com/Aloe-Life-Whole-Leaf-Aloe-Vera-Skin-Gel-Unscented )
- 0.3 ml/cc Optiphen (preservative)

Mix DMAE into warmed SKB 1st, then add and stir in each remaining ingredient.

Be forewarned the DMAE products smell nasty and medicinal, but it disipates immediately once applied.

Skin Gel Ingredients:99% Certified Organic Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate No.103857, Seaweed-thickening agent, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Azulene (Chamomile Extract), Allantoin (Extract from Comfrey), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

Two Timing Tightener Ingredients:
Purified water, DMAE, Pepha-Tight® with algae polysaccharides, aloe vera gel, glycerin, polysorbate 20, allantoin, vitamin E TPGS, germaben II.

For those who have "Pepha-Tight" from lotioncrafter ( http://www.lotioncrafter.com/pepha-tight.html ), feel free to use that in place of the 'algae' extract in the recipe (5%)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
LEMON PEEL EXTRACT:

-2 lemons
-1/2 cup Distilled Water
-1 cup Vodka
-Mason or any glass jar with cover. (Sterilize before use in boiling water for 8 minutes.)

You need to use a good veggie peeler, and carefully peel away just the yellow peel. (No white!!!). Once you've got the peel from both lemons, chop them up, put in the jar and cover with the water and vodka.

It takes 7 to 10 days for the extract to be drawn out of the peel (10 is best!). Just leave it in a dark spot in your pantry without disturbing for 10 days. (No opening for a sneaky whiff ( Embarassed Shame on you Laughing ). After 10 days, just remove/discard what's left of the peel.

It will remain stable and usable for 1 year without refrigeration. For mine, I'm just decanting 1oz at a time, and I do have the lg jar in my fridge, but supposedly it's not a must.

I've experimented with this on 3 small sunspots straight up for the past 10ish days. The spot on my finger has lightened considerably, but the two on my leg still look the same. (Granted, I was not religious with this at all.)

Anyhoo, thought it a good option for those who want to save money, and experiment a little.

If I were a hyperpigmentation sufferer, I would definitely whip up a DIY concoction with this extract, and also add some kojic acid, MSM + licorice root... Wink

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I just wanted to update you about the new LED Lotion. I put on the amount you recommended and I had no problems. I put too much on the first time. I really am loving your new formula. Thank you so much.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
LEMON PEEL EXTRACT:

-2 lemons
-1/2 cup Distilled Water
-1 cup Vodka
-Mason or any glass jar with cover. (Sterilize before use in boiling water for 8 minutes.)

You need to use a good veggie peeler, and carefully peel away just the yellow peel. (No white!!!). Once you've got the peel from both lemons, chop them up, put in the jar and cover with the water and vodka.

It takes 7 to 10 days for the extract to be drawn out of the peel (10 is best!). Just leave it in a dark spot in your pantry without disturbing for 10 days. (No opening for a sneaky whiff ( Embarassed Shame on you Laughing ). After 10 days, just remove/discard what's left of the peel.

It will remain stable and usable for 1 year without refrigeration. For mine, I'm just decanting 1oz at a time, and I do have the lg jar in my fridge, but supposedly it's not a must.

I've experimented with this on 3 small sunspots straight up for the past 10ish days. The spot on my finger has lightened considerably, but the two on my leg still look the same. (Granted, I was not religious with this at all.)

Anyhoo, thought it a good option for those who want to save money, and experiment a little.

If I were a hyperpigmentation sufferer, I would definitely whip up a DIY concoction with this extract, and also add some kojic acid, MSM + licorice root... Wink

Sure hope the lemon people from the Biofirment thread will see this as an alternative. Worth a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7125572/description.html

US Patent 7125572 - Tyrosinase inhibitor extract

If you read the patent you will see that the lightening ingredient ( tyrosine inhibitor ) is contained inside the cells of the lemon peel; the walls of the cell must be broken in order to extract it. A simple vodka and alcohol solution will not break down the cell walls. The patent recommends sonication, Waring blender, homogenization, French press or Polytron ( preferably sonication). They also recommend the extract be further sterilized by microwave, filtration, UV and gamma radiation).

I believe LPB breaks down the cell walls by fermentation, releasing the tyrosine inhibitor, which makes it effective for lightening pigmentation. LPB also uses whole lemons, not just the peel according to Active Concepts. For those reasons, I do not believe this home made version is comparable to LPB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
According to the logic of the posted recipe as an alternitive to the LPB one could also easily replace the SKB (sea kelp biofermanent) by making the recipe using 2 oz. of dried kelp instead of lemon peels, extracts are easily made with either dry or fresh ingredients. But the fermentation for both seem to be crucial to the finished product. Why worry about avoiding bacteria in one product yet not another?

Product Description & Benefits:
Sea Kelp Bioferment can be used as a great nutritive active. Used alone, it’s perfect for people with oily skin as it moisturizes without supplying extra oil. It’s firming, healing, soothing for any skin type. It is also incredibly effective for normal and dry skin, as it is a powerful nutritive moisturizer. It can be added to almost any product - from creams to serums to washes and lotions, it is the perfect active for almost any purpose. Macrocystis pyrifera is a sea macroalgae rich in caragenaan, algin, minerals and many active chemicals. Fermentation makes the cell contents of this algae readily available to your skin, moisturizing it and providing the nutrients required to synthesize new components.  It is fermented by the same microorganisms that convert milk into yogurt. It’s the main ingredient in my 15% Daily Exfoliator.
Sea Kelp Bioferment is made by a licensed, high-quality laboratory of skin care ingredients. These ingredients are backed by scientific research and testing.

INCI Name:   Lactobacillus/Nereocystis luetkeana Ferment Filtrate.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/sea-kelp-bioferment-/100-sea-kelp-bioferment.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
To Lacy + Darkmoon

Kassy_A wrote:
LEMON PEEL EXTRACT:

Sorry you both seemed to have missed the bolded part of my post.. Crying or Very sad I didn't post that it was an "alternative" to LPB, that's your word. Quite frankly, I think the "LPB" can use some *tweaking* of it's own.

Of course what you weren't privvy to, were the 20 or so private emails + PM's, asking for *other options* to LPB, that would work for hyperpigmentation, could be accomplished through DIY and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I in fact gave a couple of recipes in private that incorporates not only SKB, but the following "Tyrosinase Inhibitors" as well; (paper mulberry extract, licorice root extract, kojic acid) There are several more!

You might also be interested to know that the perfect product to address hyperpigmentation will contain more than one active ingredient, and should include a tyrosine competitor, tyrosinase inhibitor, and also an agent to reduce the melanin pigment to colorless. You may rest assured, I have covered those bases.

It's so sad that the other thoughts shared by countless members in private, were bets on how quickly both of you would jump in to find fault. The other sentiments shared are that the other members who regularly shared their DIY recipe's are leery to now, because of the continual negative input from both of you. (I've translated the sentiments very nicely.)

This is really getting old... Rolling Eyes

Oh + BTW, how come when I answer the constant criticism and/or supply studies etc, neither of you ever have the decency to acknowledge that? Instead you disappear until the next opportunity to pounce... That's not very nice. The least I should expect is a "Thank You Heart"...

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I am a dedicated follower of freedom of speech as long as those comments are borne with respect and contribution.

I am a happy user of Kassy's Vit C serum as I see it as a bang-for-the-buck DIY product which makes my skin glow.

I have been checking threads & posts here for a year and well aware that Darkmoon is an "oil" lady and Lacy53 is good at locating info from the internet.

I feel the same that Darkmoon & Lacy have been disagreeing with at Kassy's posts; not once or twice but incessant backchat.

Some info are still without consensus like niacinamide and the old recipe of green tea + Vit C.

If Darkmoon & Lacy can post their "twisted" (i.e. modified) DIY recipes, then I will see their comments as constructive ones instead of noise.

Kindly note that the recipes of Kassy are DIY, not branded ones cost us hundreds of dollars.

I am not taking the side with Kassy; however, I just speak up what I am seeing.

Darkmoon & Lacy, come on & post your recipes and you will get support from DIY'ers too!

Edit to add:

The reason I spoke up was that I did not want to see anyone who was keen on DIY but was discouraged by nitpicking and got chilled to post recipe here anymore.

Presenting counter-argument is fine, but, as I said, "counter-recipe" would be appreciated so that it will make it a lively forum instead of a hostile one!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
***Cross Posting for those who check in for new recipes here***

15% VITAMIN C, E & FERULIC 1 oz./30 ml (with emulsifier 4-14-10)

What you need:

3 tsp Distilled H20 (warm, but not hot)
1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid (15%) is what you want. If you have the fine powder variety (and a gram scale), 4.5 grams is good. For the heavier crystals, just use 1 tsp.
1 tsp SKB (warm till liquidy, otherwise you’ll have little clumps of it)
1/2 tsp Macadamia Nut Oil (this enhances penetration, and isn’t at all greasy)
1/2 tsp Glycerin (nice humectant, gives a nice texture, and *helps* with emulsifying)
1/4 tsp Rosehip Oil (all the vitamin E you need is in this, and then some!)
1/8 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/2 tsp Vodka (you MUST use this to liquefy the FA)
0.6 ml/cc Polysorbate 80 (2%, this is the emulsifier)
3 drops of Optiphen (preservative)
0.3 ml/cc of Hyaluronic Acid ‘Serum’ (1%) (this is the one I use, and the only one I know of that won’t give you grief; http://www.personalformulator.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=1188

Assembly: (2 shot glasses, larger combining cup/glass + 1oz dark or amber bottle for finished product. Also little plastic spatulas for stirring. No metal utensils)

Glass #1: (water phase)

Add L-AA to warmed water and stir till dissolved, when that is fully dissolved then stir in Optiphen, and finally the Hyaluronic Acid Serum.

Glass #2 (oil + emulsifying phase)

1st thing to go in the glass is the Ferulic Acid, now pour the vodka on top of it and stir well. (The older your FA is, the more tiny flecks you will see after stirring, don’t worry, the next steps will take care of it. At this point it should just look opaque and liquidy.) Now you will add + stir in the glycerin which will get rid of the flakes, now add the emulsifier and stir, now the *warmed/liquidy* SKB and stir well, and finally add the two oils in and stir.

Glass/cup #3 (You will now mix the 2 phases together)

For me mixing about a tsp from each glass at a time works nicely. Continue this mixing and stirring a little at a time from each glass until it’s all incorporated. When finished it will be off white/opaque, with a nice serumy texture. (Do not expect a clear water or gel look!) Now transfer to whatever bottle you will use, and keep away from heat, humidity and light. Fridge is fine if you don’t expect to use it up within 8 weeks, or it makes you feel better.

**Now I just want to say, I know it looks like it might be greasy but trust me it’s not. Only those with *very* oily skin might want to cut down the glycerin by ½ , but please try it with it 1st..

**For those who don’t have an emulsifier on hand, or would rather not use a chemical, you can substitute Lecithin softgel supplement from the drug store. This is the one I use, because I have checked with the company regarding fillers, and this only contains “lecithin from soy, glycerin + water” The soft gel is made of gelatin and will be discarded. Just puncture the bottom, and squeeze out the contents of 1 softgel (in place of emulsifier). I must warn you though, if you use this, your serum will be pale yellow from the get go! (If you use another brand, please be sure the actual liquid portion has no additional fillers or preservatives.)

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Lecithin-1200-MG#IngredientFacts

**I made several batches of this and each one came out identical with no problems at all. It penetrates pretty quickly and leaves a nice smooth feel on my skin, not at all drying like some C serums can be. If you stick to it exactly as written, I do believe this one is fool proof. If you change anything, you are on your own…

Hopefully this will put an end to *separation anxiety* once and for all. (***Oh, the emulsifier can be added to any of the other recipe's I posted for C serums.***)

Happy Formulating

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Note to self: Get a gram scale.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Kassy_A

Thank you very much for sharing your recipes. Is this new recipe a serum?

I've been making Vit C serum with Jojoba oil. But the problem is that the Jojoba oil is always on top of the serum. In what order should I add oil? I do it at last.

Appreciate your help.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
loveDIY wrote:
Dr. Kassy_A

Thank you very much for sharing your recipes. Is this new recipe a serum?

I've been making Vit C serum with Jojoba oil. But the problem is that the Jojoba oil is always on top of the serum. In what order should I add oil? I do it at last.

Appreciate your help.

LOL! 1st I'll tell ya I'm not a Dr... The thread title is compliments of my jokester DIY buddy. I am a nurse, not that it makes a diff.. Laughing

You can easily add the emulsifier (noted in the previous recipe) to your jojoba serum... That will sort out your separation issues.

0.6 ml/cc Polysorbate 80 (2%, this is the emulsifier)

miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I just want to thank you for not being deterred by the one or two people on the forum that insist on singling out your formulations for negative comments. Freedom of speech is one thing but consistently targeting one person is another. I haven't seen similar repeated negative comments about other formulations. (I may have missed them).

Just remember that there are hundreds of people on the forum that appreciate your posts. We also appreciate any comments that offer constructive criticism so we can all learn. After all, we have to start somewhere and there are many recipes for the beginner that are based on an existing cream, adding just a few ingredients for that extra zing!! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Kassy, I just want to thank you for not being deterred by the one or two people on the forum that insist on singling out your formulations for negative comments. Freedom of speech is one thing but consistently targeting one person is another. I haven't seen similar repeated negative comments about other formulations. (I may have missed them).

Just remember that there are hundreds of people on the forum that appreciate your posts. We also appreciate any comments that offer constructive criticism so we can all learn. After all, we have to start somewhere and there are many recipes for the beginner that are based on an existing cream, adding just a few ingredients for that extra zing!! Very Happy

Miss Anna, I'm truly humbled by your post, and I thank you for pointing out the important bits.

To me, the 'important bits' are to just be able to share, whatever the hell we come across, that will be of benefit (one way or the other) to "all" the good folks on this forum.

We are all here (I believe) with one goal in mind. That is to enjoy a nicer and more beautiful skin. If we can accomplish that, and also have a few laughs, as well as making a friend or 50 along the way, then I believe we will achieve all of our goals.

Personally I believe we will accomplish *all of our goals* only if we work together as a 'unit'. To me EDS has always been a fun filled skincare forum for everyday people in all walks of life sharing their experiences good or bad. Lately it has become a bit of a bickering, nit picking, show me the studies and proof endeavor, with great demands put on a "select" few posters (myself included) that seems more to me like an *attack* of sorts, then a true fact finding mission. Quite frankly, that's a bit of a bore, and gives justification to other folks reading, to not even bother posting...(Hello, where are all the posters that were here through last summer?) These days the "daily topics" is about two pages. Remember when it was 5, 6 + 7 a year and more ago? Many are afraid to open their mouths for fear of being questioned profusely, and demands of proof (for what they contribute) following a post.. Don't get me wrong now, I have nothing against studies + proof, but please, keep it reasonable.

Naa, it's just becoming easier to sit back, read a few threads, and keep your opinions to yourself... Sad

Anyhoo, I'm a tough old Irish/Italian thick skinned kind of broad from New York, so it will take more than one or two to shut me up... Wink

Lets all play nice ... Very Happy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Alley!

Please continue to share your DIY views and recipes also. Together we can *all* learn so much from each other. I especially love how in the past you put your own spin on a recipe or two I posted. Things like that are what it's all about.

That HG is out there, and by golly we will find it... Very Happy

You'll definitely want to whip up the "Cell Stimulating Serum"... After 6 or 7 weeks, I do believe I'm experiencing some new happy collagen signs. Dancing Dancing Dancing

Disclaimer: Just as I tell you when any of the recipes I posted turn out to be a 'bomb', I also feel it's my responsibility to share when something works out better than even I expected. (Out of more than 100 recipe's I've shared, I do believe that this is my 3rd or 4th brag) The *CSS* is worthy of a brag, and I encourage folks to try it! If that can be considered "pushing my recipes on people", then so be it... Very Happy

Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
CELL STIMULATING SERUM????

How did I miss this?? I'm ordering from Skinactives on Monday and don't want to miss a thing.

What do I need? Kassy?? Pleeeeeeeze.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
***Bumping for Zoftig*** (I'm now using this once a day, as well as with LED treatments!)

Kassy_A wrote:
3oz Nourishing-Cell Stimulating Lotion

This is a nice pre treatment to use prior to your gadget treatments. For pre LED, use 30 minutes prior, and if your base cream has any silicone, just give a quick water spritz, and wipe it away after 30 minutes.

2 TBS Oil Free Base Cream/Lotion (TPF's is pretty good.)
2 TBS Distilled H20
1 TBS Aloe Vera Gel (Find a drugstore product with 'Disodium EDTA' in the ingredient list!)
8 Drops Optiphen (Preservative)
2 1/2 ml/cc Pumpkin Seed Extract (4%)
3 ml/cc Goji Berry Extract (5%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Green Tea Extract (2%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Algae Extract (2%)
.6 ml/cc Hyaluronic Acid Serum/liquid (1%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Sodium PCA (2%)

Start by mixing the Optiphen into the H20, then stir/mix in the aloe and base cream, then add and stir in each of the remaining ingredients/actives one at a time, stirring each in well.

A bit of info on why I chose these actives;

*Pumpkin Seed Extract; smooths fine lines + helps with firmness and elasticity

*Goji Berry Extract; when used at 5% it increases ATP by 20%. This is the foundation of collagen building, and is especially synergistic when used with LED treatments. (LED's work to increase collagen synthesis, by increasing the ATP activity in the cells! This active will give it a huge boost)

*Green Tea Extract; probably the best overall antioxidant, but when used with LED treatments it's been proved to really work on fine lines.

*Algae Extract; this is a really nice skin tightener, and just a good nourishment for the skin.

*Hyaluronic Acid; great moisturizing properties and gives a bit of plumpness to the skin.. More is not better with this, so be sure to keep it at 1%.

*Socium PCA; it's a great humectant/moisturizer, and will absorb water/moisture much like HA does.

Happy formulating!

ETA: Most of the actives I got at lotioncrafter or thepersonalformulator.. (I seldom use skinactives anymore. No particular reason, I just prefer these for my needs now.)

Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Aaaah, I see....I don't have an LED so I kind of skip over those recipes for LED use. Would this recipe be specifically for that or for this old skin too?? Sending you a pm...
nimmi

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
***Bumping for Zoftig*** (I'm now using this once a day, as well as with LED treatments!)

Kassy_A wrote:
3oz Nourishing-Cell Stimulating Lotion

This is a nice pre treatment to use prior to your gadget treatments. For pre LED, use 30 minutes prior, and if your base cream has any silicone, just give a quick water spritz, and wipe it away after 30 minutes.

2 TBS Oil Free Base Cream/Lotion (TPF's is pretty good.)
2 TBS Distilled H20
1 TBS Aloe Vera Gel (Find a drugstore product with 'Disodium EDTA' in the ingredient list!)
8 Drops Optiphen (Preservative)
2 1/2 ml/cc Pumpkin Seed Extract (4%)
3 ml/cc Goji Berry Extract (5%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Green Tea Extract (2%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Algae Extract (2%)
.6 ml/cc Hyaluronic Acid Serum/liquid (1%)
1 1/2 ml/cc Sodium PCA (2%)

Start by mixing the Optiphen into the H20, then stir/mix in the aloe and base cream, then add and stir in each of the remaining ingredients/actives one at a time, stirring each in well.

A bit of info on why I chose these actives;

*Pumpkin Seed Extract; smooths fine lines + helps with firmness and elasticity

*Goji Berry Extract; when used at 5% it increases ATP by 20%. This is the foundation of collagen building, and is especially synergistic when used with LED treatments. (LED's work to increase collagen synthesis, by increasing the ATP activity in the cells! This active will give it a huge boost)

*Green Tea Extract; probably the best overall antioxidant, but when used with LED treatments it's been proved to really work on fine lines.

*Algae Extract; this is a really nice skin tightener, and just a good nourishment for the skin.

*Hyaluronic Acid; great moisturizing properties and gives a bit of plumpness to the skin.. More is not better with this, so be sure to keep it at 1%.

*Socium PCA; it's a great humectant/moisturizer, and will absorb water/moisture much like HA does.

Happy formulating!

ETA: Most of the actives I got at lotioncrafter or thepersonalformulator.. (I seldom use skinactives anymore. No particular reason, I just prefer these for my needs now.)

Hello Kassy, nice to know you are from NY, Hello from another NewYorker. I am using your Vit C serum and like it very much. I have a question for you. If you could help me make a serum with Hydrolyzed collagen. I bought it and this lady at the site sent me a recipe for it too, but I am not sure:
For the serum:
2-5% hydrolyzed Collagen Concentrate
2% Glycerine
5% Stable Vit. C(I like to use Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, because it the most stable)
2-5% Of any absorbable Vitamin, or any other active you like just to increase quality
0.45% Preservative..I like to use natural preservatives
Distilled water as needed.

She also said to use any base cream:
Glycerine
MSM
Caprylic TG
Hydrosols
Esters
Milk Proteins
I am interested in using Caprylic TG. Could you please come up with something.Thank you so much.
(I have another thing common with you, my daughter is also doing Nursing @ Pace). I am sure you will come up with something.Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |