Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SAS/GOW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello

I am very soon to begin making my own skincare lightening cream

HOWEVER i was planning on buying on SAS but they seem to be a lot more in price than GOW

do SAS have more stable formulations or something why the price seems to be such a difference?

thoughts?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased various things from both suppliers....I would NOT assume that quality is driving the price.

My premade ELS serum by SAA is very nice, as are the products I have purchased from GOW. However, the touted KGF product I purchased from SAS was a total waste of $$$ ( I have tested it for over a month - NO results, period).

Neither offers fancy packaging - fine by me!

Support/questions are answered very quickly and in a friendly manner by GOW...I have heard from a number of people that SAS is less "supportive."

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the response Bethany! Very Happy

I have ordered from GOW before without a problem i was very happy with it

i am a member of both sas and gow forums and gow is by far a lot more helpful

I am ordering quite a few products and i have sat down just now calculating it all i save quite a great bit of money with gow and i get SOOO much more as well sas seem to offer very little compared to GOW

so i will stick with sas Very Happy Very Happy

im sooo glad i found this forum i can finally start making my own creams and save a hell of a lot of money as well last time i shopped on essential day spa i spent around £200!!!!!! Shock Shock

yes im a beauty junkie Laughing Laughing
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
thanks for the response Bethany! Very Happy

I have ordered from GOW before without a problem i was very happy with it

i am a member of both sas and gow forums and gow is by far a lot more helpful

I am ordering quite a few products and i have sat down just now calculating it all i save quite a great bit of money with gow and i get SOOO much more as well sas seem to offer very little compared to GOW

so i will stick with sas Very Happy Very Happy

im sooo glad i found this forum i can finally start making my own creams and save a hell of a lot of money as well last time i shopped on essential day spa i spent around £200!!!!!! Shock Shock

yes im a beauty junkie Laughing Laughing

londongirl, which GOW products do you like most?
JLeigh
5% products discount

Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mods, I'm not sure if posting my experiences with another forum is allowed, but if not, please delete. Smile

bethany wrote:

Support/questions are answered very quickly and in a friendly manner by GOW....

I love GOW's forum. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful.

Quote:
I have heard from a number of people that SAS is less "supportive."

It can be, yes. I've been a bit turned off by reading some of the mod responses over there, and they sometimes seem a bit heavy-handed. For that reason, I've not been ordering very much from them. Crying or Very sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
JLeigh wrote:
It can be, yes. I've been a bit turned off by reading some of the mod responses over there [SAS], and they sometimes seem a bit heavy-handed. For that reason, I've not been ordering very much from them. Crying or Very sad

I was a little put off by a msg I received from the moderator "over there" (Skinactives) that any posts can and will be removed by her if she deems them "unsuitable", ie, contrary to what she wants us to say about her products. I have heard this from others as well. And I too try to buy my products from other sources if at all possible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
What is GOW?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
i save quite a great bit of money with gow and i get SOOO much more as well sas seem to offer very little compared to GOW

so i will stick with sas

I'm confused. Do you like GOW or SAS?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I figured out what GOW is. Found it on the Commonly Used Acronyms thread. It's Garden of Wisdom. I just went there and ordered this for $9.05!:

GoW PhytoStemCell Serum *Anti-aging breakthrough
*Skin regenerator/Encourages Stem Cell Growth
*Combats Chronological Aging
*Protects Human Stem Cells from Stress

PhytoStemCell Malus Domestica

PhytoStemCell Malus Domestica is a liposomal preparation of apple stem cells developed by a plant cell culture technology. It has been shown to protect skin stem cells and delay the senescence of hair follicles.
PhytoStemCell Malus Domestica provides a revolutionary anti-aging performance for real rejuvenation

Check out the before/after video on the right-hand side of this page:

http://www.stemcellskincare.com/

and here is some more in-depth info:
http://www.in-cosmeticsasia.com/ExhibitorLibrary/59/Brochure_PhytoCellTec_Malus_Domestica_IP2008_2.pdf

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
GOW is very prompt with delivery and the shipping fee is what the PO charges. They are very cool about that and don't charge you extra. If there's a sample you want to try of their finished products, you can always email them to request it with your order, but you have to be super quick since they'll ship your order the very next day!

SAS charges $6 shipping, and I think it's too much for a very light parcel, so I try not to shop there.

It sucks that they're the only one who sells ferulic acid at the moment.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I understand people being put off by Hannah's seemingly 'tough' approach on the forum, but I tend to think it's cultural and a result of her scientific background. It would be a shame to miss out on some of the wonderful actives you can get there because of it though.

I just made an order of some great stuff and am looking forward to making HA serum packed with them. Just need to work out how to do it, now!

I got HA powder, natural active peptides, pomegranate extract, niacinamide, and EGF. I have some green tea extract, dermagen, seakelp bioferment (from NCN - cheaper!) and tetrahydrocurcuminoids from an earlier order, and am hoping to mix up a super-duper skin hydrating/lightening gel. If anyone can direct me to a recipe, I'd be thrilled. I've been searching here, there and everywhere all morning!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite put off by the people at skinactives as well for the very same reasons.
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:

I got HA powder, natural active peptides, pomegranate extract, niacinamide, and EGF. I have some green tea extract, dermagen, seakelp bioferment (from NCN - cheaper!) and tetrahydrocurcuminoids from an earlier order, and am hoping to mix up a super-duper skin hydrating/lightening gel. If anyone can direct me to a recipe, I'd be thrilled. I've been searching here, there and everywhere all morning!

trigger how happy are you with the natural peptides and egf from skin actives?
and I'm hoping you share you "super-duper skin hydrating/lightening gel"
best!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Skin Actives is really just unbelievable with their pricing. They sell their allantoin for $1.50 per gram, meanwhile you can purchase apprx. 453 grams at lotioncrafters for $12.75.
Rolling Eyes
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I believe everyone is right about the higher prices and rather 'stiff' forum posts by Hannah. But there are things at SAS you just can't get elsewhere (as far as I've found anyway).

Angy, my serum turned out wonderfully, and seems to be working a treat on my skin. You can see a b/a on my eyes here

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33970&start=175

My pigmentation issues and skin firmness have gotten so much better with my regime of better diet (found I was sensitive to gluten) retin A, skin bio super copper serum, and a hyaluronic acid/ skb serum packed with all the aforementioned goodies. I don't use moisturizer, but do OCM for cleansing (and microfibre and clarisonic sometimes). I've also been doing facial exercises for six months and have found they've made a huge difference too.

Thanks to EDS for all these discoveries. My skin is that of a different woman now. It used to look dirty with pigmentation, and now it's clear. It was PUFFY, but vaculifter massage and vigorous massage has firmed my skin and deflated the puff. I could go on. Very happy. It's not perfect, but it's a million times better. Still a ways to go, but I feel I've got the tools, now.

I love the actives from SAS, but I'll see if I can replace any of the ones I can get elsewhere more cheaply, and only buy from them the things I can't find anywhere else. Again, I just think that Hannah is kind of like a stern schoolteacher who won't put up with any nonsense, and she thinks anyone who doesn't see skincare in her purely scientific terms as 'playing up'. She's definitely dedicated to what she does though, and that's good for us to have access to the things SAS brings.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |