Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Relax-A-Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a product called Relax-a-line? I thought I saw it posted somewhere in this forum. I'm trying it but I don't see much improvement. It actually seems kind of drying which doesn't help with wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
It's by Cellularskin-rx, and it's acetyl hexapeptide, as I recall. I tried it myself on my "11's" between my eyebrows and on two little "parenthesis" lines around my mouth. I didn't find it effective at all on the forehead lines, and maybe a little on the mouth lines. I switched to their higher strength product, Vialox, which did noticeably decrease the mouth lines but still didn't help the "11's." I gave them up, concentrating on actives that give me better overall results. I'm not willing to layer a half a dozen products...

A lot of other folks have had better results from these kind of topicals that are supposed to interfere with muscle signals to frown or squint. But not me.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Relax-a-Line for quite a long time now, and it works very well on my 11's and forehead lines.

I think it's the usual case of some things working really well for some people, but not for others, as everyone's skin is different.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Majorb is absolutely right--skincare seems to be very much a matter of what works for A might not for B and vice versa.

A couple of thoughts--use the Relax-a-line only on the specific lines you are targeting to avoid any overall dryness. (Plus, it'll go much further and you'll save money!) Also, because of how it works, it will likely take awhile to see results. It took a long time of frowning to cause those pesky lines, it will take a while to relax them away, too!

I really like Cellulsrskin-rx as a skincare line. Its products are well formulated with good active ingredients, not a lot of fillers or fragrance, and extremely well priced. I use several of them and recommend them highly. Unfortunately, the line relaxing products didn't work well for me. But they have definitely helped many others.
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the inputs. I've only been using it for a couple weeks. I'll give it more time and just use it specifically on the wrinkles. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
What other products have you used from Cellulsrskin-rx?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone found a topical product that works effectively to relax a line? I have not found any to work for me. The one that really works is botox.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
My must-have from Cellularskin-rx is their Vitamin C--nothing but l-ascorbic vitamin C and a carrier fluid. It is extrememly stable and much less expensive than most other quality C serums. I've used their Age-Limit AHA serum, which is much less irritating than many other AHA products. I also like their Fresh Pout lip treatment, which is effective for me in keeping my lips nicely hydrated and smooth. Their SuperMax Peptide serum has a combination of peptides in a light serum at a very good price in comparison with other similar formulas. Their ground aduki bean scrub is a good way to turn any cleanser into an exfoliating cleanser, and one canister will last forever! The peptide eye cream is not too greasy but nicely hydrating. They have a new eye cream coming out, I think, that I haven't tried.

The products that I'm not as happy with are the Relax-a-line and Vialox, as I wrote earlier in this thread, and Eye Bright, which is supposed to be good for dark circles under the eyes. It has great ingredients, a great price, and great reviews from some. But it didn't help me--perhaps because my deep tear troughs overwhelm any positive improvement in under-eye circles.

Anyway, as you can tell, I really like this line in general. Most of their products are available on EDS, and some are only on their own website.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using relax-a-line on my smile lines for a month and didn't notice any improvements yet. Confused Does anyone know how long it should take to see results?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Has anyone found a topical product that works effectively to relax a line? I have not found any to work for me. The one that really works is botox.

I love Skinceuticals Intense Line Defense layered with IS Clinical's Active serum. I find that using them alone do now work as well, but when I combine the two my laugh lines get a lot softer.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I've been using relax-a-line on my smile lines for a month and didn't notice any improvements yet. Confused Does anyone know how long it should take to see results?

I'm sorry, it's been so long since I started using Relax-a-Line that I've forgotten when I noticed a big difference.

However, in my own experience, it works best for forehead lines and 11's, quite well for crow's feet, but I'm not sure whether it tends to do a lot for smile lines.

Maybe use it until the bottle is finished, or for a total of 3 months, whichever is soonest, and then make a decision?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
But I have an impression that it tightens the skin first and then kind of dries out on the wrinkle giving a temporary effect. And after applying other cream the effect disappears?

Majorb, do you use any other strong topicals like Retin_A, Vit C or Cp's as well?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
But I have an impression that it tightens the skin first and then kind of dries out on the wrinkle giving a temporary effect. And after applying other cream the effect disappears?

Majorb, do you use any other strong topicals like Retin_A, Vit C or Cp's as well?

No, it's supposed to work as a botox alternative, helping to decrease mobilisation of the muscle concerned when applied topically. Obviously, the effect is not as strong as a botox injection, but I've found that it does work pretty well for me.

What's more, the effect seems to be accummulative. I can go several days or more without applying Relax-a-Line and the lines are still relaxed and diminished in appearance. This, to me, definitely suggests a botox-like effect, rather than a very temporary cosmetic one.

As for topicals, my current regime is very simple - although I am about to change it because Estee Lauder have destroyed Remergent, unfortunately, and I shall be running out of their DNA Repair Serum.

At the moment, I use:-

AM
A'kin Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser and Toner in One
PSF DMAE Serum
Relax-a-Line
Remergent DNA Repair Serum
Valmont Eye & Lip Repair Cream
Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream

PM
A'kin Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser and Toner in One
Valmont Eye & Lip Repair Cream
Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream

Once a week exfoliation with Epidermx.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |