Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Peeling Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
So I'm using the obagi products. I stopped peeling for a few weeks so I stopped using the products. Well, I've started up again and now I'm peeling like crazy! I expected it but I thought I wouldn't get embarrassed about it. Well, I started to physically peel my face at my desk when I'm bored. Why is it so bad to peel your own skin?

Silly question.. i know. Smile
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Lucklady, I am using Obagi on 16 week. I am not peeling any more . I think the more you peel, the more effective it is..so be patient Very Happy
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh BTW, how long have you used Obagi??
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
you need to go between 16 - 18 weeks and stop peeling yourself. In the shower gently massage the peeling areas and get some hydracortesone cream from the pharmacy that helps. I was on maintenance but due to hormonal issues I will be starting a new 12-16 week course of NuDerm Obagi tonight.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info ladies!

I've been on obagi for roughly around 6 weeks, took a week off, and back on for a week.

Will me sitting at my desk peeling the dead skin off make a difference in the outcome?
petalutha
5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear - don't peel it off yourself. If the skin isn't ready to come off then you could potentially give yourself a scar. And I don't think that using an abrasive is the way to go either. When my skin is peeling from Retin-A or chemical treatment, I wash my face in lukewarm water and rub very very gently, then moisturize.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Theoretically, I agree with you, Petalutha. You're right. You shouldn't peel dead skin. I can resist biting my fingernails, but peeling dead, flaking skin is another matter.

I had both the Obagi Blue Peel and NuDerm regimen, and couldn't resist peeling off the dead stuff. It drove me crazy. There was no temporary adverse effect or permanent scarring, but neither do I recommend it. But I have to admit, it felt good!

For the NuDerm regimen, consider adding ZO Skin Health's Exfoliating Polish. It was developed by Dr. Obagi and he dispenses it all of the time for his NuDerm patients. You may not want to use it during the first week or while you're still red, but after that, it will make your skin feel and look so much better! It's like legalized scratching! With NuDerm you have to peel, but you don't have to look at it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I love Obagi and will go back to it as soon as I finish my Jan Marini c-esta and Factor A plus. In the past, I have been buying my Nudem set from a dermatologist. Can I buy the retin A on this site? I am new member and not sure if I can just buy my next Nuderm set from EDS.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |