Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hetty

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... Am new here - just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I live in Dublin, Ireland and have recently qualified as a holistic therapist... am really interested in natural skincare/rejuvenation products and would love to hear from anyone who can truly recommend anything that works..... am especially looking for a 'cure' for a sagging chin line/jowl (my gorgeous ex-boyfriend is back on the scene and my lower face has aged so much in the last year am embarrassed to meet up with him (ahem!).. Am 47 years old and apart from jawline am lucky enough to have great skin and not too many lines... Hope to hear back from you soon...
Hetty XX
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Hetty!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to you Hetty!
HoHo you'll find loads of advice here!
What works for me for the sags is FlexEffect exercises, MSM + vit C supplements, and LED.
Good luck to you in your holistic practice! It's wildly popular in US also. I have a friend in holistic nursing who does Therapeutic Touch, a healing practice, and she swears it is as beneficial for her to do it as it is for her clients to receive it. Is that your experience too?
Good for you with your ex! Smile and lean on your hand indulgently while gazing into his eyes and I'm sure he'll never notice any of your perceived faults! Wink

5% products discount

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Hetty, my best friend in the world comes from Dublin, she moves here when she was 11. She lived in the place which sounds like "tell-er". Another funny thing is that I am off to college in a few weeks to study holistic therapies and I'm also doing a evening course in facials.

I agree with what fawnie said about flexeffects facial excersice programme, although I haven't tried it yet, I've read a lot about it and it does sound very good. Check out their website and look at the before and after pictures, they are quite amazing! Shock Very Happy

[quote="fawnie"]Welcome to you Hetty!
FlexEffect exercises, MSM + vit C supplements, and LED.
Wink[/quote

[b][i]Could I ask you Fawnie, what is MSM? I see a lot of avebriations on here and I don't know what they mean. Also is vit c good for a breakout prone skin, or is it vit A...... I am a tad confused
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi julesee, and welcome to you!
MSM +vit C are oral supplements available anywhere for skin, hair and nail benefits. MSM is a sulfur compound the body uses to build tissue and vitamin C enhances it. If you do a search here there is a lot of info about this in more detail than my puny advice.
The vitamin A you might be thinking about is topical vitamin A which is retinoids (retin-A and its various forms, retinol, etc.) Just to further confuse you.....retinoids + vit C topical is a dynamite combination for the skin for remodeling the skin (firming and anti-aging). The GreenCream.com board is a good resource if you are interested in retinol.
I'm not any expert on breakout-prone skin, but some people here have noted that topical vitamin C may aggravate breakouts I think. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here!
It takes a while to find the regime that works the best for you. Experiment! and the boards here are a good place to get good advice! And good luck with your studies - please share here any good tips!

Sorry, my friend is doing Healing Touch, not Therapeutic Touch (which is for animals).

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |