Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
!!acne scars - use TCA or DermaRoller?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jiyun

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
all,

I am 25 this year, and I have been suffering from serious acne for the more than 12 years. For the past 2 years, my acne has gotten a lot better, to be exact, they all move to my jaw/neck...Now my face is left with large pores, very visible/large acne scars on both of my cheeks(both icepick and Boxcar). I have been using Avene's Diacneal which contained retinal for the past six months. I have seen result with pores, but not my acne scars. I would say my skin is pretty thick, considering I felt nothing using this retinaldehyde 0.1% gel.

Recently I have heard of the dermaroller and TCA. Both seemed to have pros and cons. With dermaroller, I am not sure my pain tolerance level, so even if I use the 1.5mm one, I might not press it as hard as suppose to. As for TCA, I haven't found clear instruction yet. Most people use toothpick, but it is hard for boxcar scars as most of them are larger in size and it seems like i cannot dip the same area twice. so do I go around the edge or just dip the center? I would appreciate any advice on which one might be better for me.

I have also read another post on combining the two method. Instead of using 100% TCA like those on acne.org, using 12.5% before rolling the skin.

Thanks a lot

PS: hope all of you are doing well with your routines.
petalutha
5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I don't have acne scars - but I do have two dermarollers. They don't hurt at all! Really. I use them often - so try it. Smile And I was told not to press hard, but perhaps it may be different for your condition?

I hope that you find a good solution...
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for the dermaroller, thats what I plan to do myself.

I've done TCA and it really didn't help with indented type scars.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
petalutha wrote:
I don't have acne scars - but I do have two dermarollers. They don't hurt at all! Really. I use them often - so try it. Smile And I was told not to press hard, but perhaps it may be different for your condition?

I hope that you find a good solution...

Hi, what length needles are you using?

Thanks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
jiyun wrote:
all,

I am 25 this year, and I have been suffering from serious acne for the more than 12 years. For the past 2 years, my acne has gotten a lot better, to be exact, they all move to my jaw/neck...Now my face is left with large pores, very visible/large acne scars on both of my cheeks(both icepick and Boxcar). I have been using Avene's Diacneal which contained retinal for the past six months. I have seen result with pores, but not my acne scars. I would say my skin is pretty thick, considering I felt nothing using this retinaldehyde 0.1% gel.

Recently I have heard of the dermaroller and TCA. Both seemed to have pros and cons. With dermaroller, I am not sure my pain tolerance level, so even if I use the 1.5mm one, I might not press it as hard as suppose to. As for TCA, I haven't found clear instruction yet. Most people use toothpick, but it is hard for boxcar scars as most of them are larger in size and it seems like i cannot dip the same area twice. so do I go around the edge or just dip the center? I would appreciate any advice on which one might be better for me.

I would suggest that you consider 302 and the dermaroller...Boski has had GREAT success eliminating her acne scars this way.

You can see before and after pics here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28855&start=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany- are you still rolling on your chest???

I have given up and can't count how many bottles of Gold Bond I have had to go through.

Face only and the small .15 only.
jiyun

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
How do you fit the dermaroller in 302, just cause the two seem to do the opposite things?

Also, should I use a 1.5mm dermaroller since my main purpose is to get rid of my rolling/boxcar scars?

thx
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Bethany- are you still rolling on your chest???

I have given up and can't count how many bottles of Gold Bond I have had to go through.

Face only and the small .15 only.

I have given up rolling for product penetration completely, and am using ultrasound.

However, I plan on rolling once every 4-6 weeks starting in October (including my chest).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
jiyun wrote:
How do you fit the dermaroller in 302, just cause the two seem to do the opposite things?

Also, should I use a 1.5mm dermaroller since my main purpose is to get rid of my rolling/boxcar scars?

thx

Jiyun, they both assist with scar removal, so I am not sure what you mean by them doing opposite things?

Boski is the best person to address your questions, since she uses both 302 (for 3 years I think) and dermarolling (every 4-6 weeks) and has had great improvement as you can see from her pics. She checks the 302 thread daily, so feel free to join us there and ask any question you would like!

A 1.5mm roller is definitely the best choice for you, since you need to break up the scar tissue tethering the acne scars down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, if I want to get rid of black spots left on skin after acne goes away, shall I use 1.5mm or shorter roller? Also, what topical would be good after rolling? Emu oil and CP?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Bethany, if I want to get rid of black spots left on skin after acne goes away, shall I use 1.5mm or shorter roller? Also, what topical would be good after rolling? Emu oil and CP?

Ruk, are you talking about the reddish pigmented area after the zit is gone? If so, I would recommend tamanu oil over rolling to remove the redness.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29849&highlight=tamanu

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Ruk, are you talking about the reddish pigmented area after the zit is gone? If so, I would recommend tamanu oil over rolling to remove the redness.

Another option for those reddish post-acne marks is azelaic acid (px items like Azelax, Finacea, Skinoren).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, but didn't you get a stinging putting on tamanu oil after dermaroller?

bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...that's why I recommended tamanu for the zit marks.

However, thanks for pointing out that I forgot to answer Ruk's question on what to apply after rolling!

Ruk - the pros apply oil soluble Vit A and Vit C (like the 302 products) after rolling. Most people here apply CPs afer 30 mins, and Retin A 30 minutes after that. I personally use the 302 Vit A and C, and apply Retin A 1-2 days later (and NEVER on my chest).

Nimue wrote:
Wait, but didn't you get a stinging putting on tamanu oil after dermaroller?

bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |