Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Neosporin can clear up acne.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I get occasional acne and I rub neosporin on it after I cleanse my face. It helps to reduce the size and soreness. I do this twice a day, and the cystic acne type has gotten very small almost unnoticeable. It has taken about 5 days now. Before I used neosporin, if left untreated, the acne would persist, get larger, redder, more sore, and last for 2-3 weeks. If I catch one about to pop up (small size), and rub on neosporin right away, it would flatten out before it had a chance to cause skin discoloration.

I think this is a beauty secret that is cheap to try. Let me know if you experience the same result. I used it on my male friend who was suffering from white heads, and he reported that it really helped him, too. Clearasil did not help him but neosporin did.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
it makes sense since neosporin contains a broad spectrum antiobiotic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
it makes sense since neosporin contains a broad spectrum antiobiotic

I agree. I did not think it would work on the cystic acne type since the skin does not break open from squeezing out the white stuff. But I am glad it still helps since I was at my wits end on what to do with the cystic acne as clearasil also did not help me.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think Neosporin or Polysporin works best on open (popped) spots. It does seem to help heal faster.

I really don't know of anything OTC effective for cystic type acne.
OzzieRox

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
There are a number of topical antibiotic products available for acne but constant use may create resistance in the bacteria to that particular antibiotic so when you really need it for an acute infection, it may not work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I have used Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion on acne cysts for years, with good results. Takes a few days, applying a few times per day, but they stop hurting, and reduce in size. I wish EDS would carry Mario Badescu products! Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I use this on smaller pimples but it doesnt do anything when I get a cyst.
greenswizzle
5% products discount

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I tried this on a small breakout last night. It seemed to work pretty well, and has lost most of it's redness. Thanks for the tip!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
greenswizzle wrote:
I tried this on a small breakout last night. It seemed to work pretty well, and has lost most of it's redness. Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. Glad it helped you.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
OzzieRox wrote:
There are a number of topical antibiotic products available for acne but constant use may create resistance in the bacteria to that particular antibiotic so when you really need it for an acute infection, it may not work.

Good point!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I have used Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion on acne cysts for years, with good results. Takes a few days, applying a few times per day, but they stop hurting, and reduce in size. I wish EDS would carry Mario Badescu products! Smile

Is this available in the US?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:
I think Neosporin or Polysporin works best on open (popped) spots. It does seem to help heal faster.

I really don't know of anything OTC effective for cystic type acne.

I agree, but it does seem to work for my cystic acne, too. It doesn't go away all the way, but no more soreness and redness. My skin doesn't turn black like with when the acne goes away on its own. Also, I know the root of the acne is still underneath. I might have to poke it with a needle or something to get rid of it. I don't know.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
marci65 wrote:

Is this available in the US?

When I was in Southern California I was able to buy MB from a store called Planet Beauty.

You can purchase online. If you go to their website and fill out the survey they will send you (free) samples in little jars. I think I got 4 or 5. It does take a while to receive them.

I have the yellow Healing powder from MB. I got a huge jar of powder for $10.00. It does seem to help take the red out. You can also brush it on all over the face or just the T zone and it does help with oilness.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Neosporin works for me. I had some really large,under-surface pimples on my chin that had been lingering for weeks (caused by use of Karin Herzog which - whilst good elsewhere on my face - really did a number on my chin). In the end I felt I had no choice but to try and extract them, and followed some advice manslayerliz had posted earlier in the year (using a warm compress of camomile tea for 30 mins before attempting to extract). It worked, but resulted in broken skin, and very red and swollen. Neosporin worked wonders in healing the area very quickly - by the next day, it was much better (and now I'm continuing with aloe vera gel and honey and hoping it won't scar).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Polysporin and Neosporin for occasional pimples which does speed up healing. Try a drop of tea tree oil on the spot for a natural option.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |