Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sheer Cover vs Bare Minerals or is there something better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I listened to Leeza Gibbons and bought Sheer Cover but I still think Bare Minerals is hands down much better in providing coverage and even skin tone without looking overly madeup.

I am 46 with normal skin and have some light freckles and some acne scars on my chin, so if anybody has better experience with other foundation that is not too expensive ( i think it is better to spend the money on skin care) please let me know! Thanks!!!
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Take a look over at thewww.mineralmakeupmania.com forum (delphi forums)

We discuss all MMU brands, some skin care. The smaller companies are a much better value. A lot of the ladies originally started out with BE foundation and then switched. There is a foundation chart that compares formulas/brands with BE for those looking to try other brands.

I have tried about 15 different foundations. I am using Lumiere Veena Velvet (medium coverage) or Jenulence full coverage formula. I am 47 with sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I will never ever go back to wearing liquid foundation.
pinkperiwinkle

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried alima mineral makeup and its good ! good coverage and does not clog my pores. The other option i have is everydayminerals , preety good and reasonable pricing!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like Raesin Images, even though their webpage is a nightmare. Rolling Eyes

http://www.raesinimages.com/

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
That's the first time i heard about Raesin images ! yes and the page is quite messy and not as nice as the others! How's the coverage like? Does anyone tried the mineral makeup concealer before? to my opinion, the mineral makeup kind of concealer cant seem to cover up anything !
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
pinkperiwinkle wrote:
That's the first time i heard about Raesin images ! yes and the page is quite messy and not as nice as the others! How's the coverage like? Does anyone tried the mineral makeup concealer before? to my opinion, the mineral makeup kind of concealer cant seem to cover up anything !

They have several levels of MMU coverage, and I do like the concealer almost as well as my LM Secret Concealer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
My favorites are Lumiere Cosmetics Mineral Makeup in their Veena Velvet choice for combination to oily skin or Everyday Minerals in their Semi-Matte choice. Both of these look so much better on my skin compared to BE or Sheer Cover. BE and Sheer Cover are to shiny and tinny looking on my skin. They also tend to accentuate my fine lines and pores. Lumiere Veena Velvet and Everyday Minerals do not accentuate pores or lines. Lumiere is my favorite followed by Everyday Minerals.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used BE and LM and like them both. But if I have to choose, I would say LM is slightly better finish.
petalutha
5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I love Aromaleigh. They have an amazing amount of colors to choose from, and various products for different coverages. Plus you are able to order samples, so you can be certain that you don't end up with the wrong color. It goes on like a dream. I highly recommend it!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just make sure you pick one without Bismuth, which can be very irritating and contribute to clogged pores on your cheeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I actually didnt care for BE or SC. I love lumiere cosmetics and my 2nd fav is Meow cosmetics.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked the Lumiere website and, WOW!, the price is almost half that of BE. Even with the $3 shipping it is still much cheaper. I will certainly give this one try.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Bare Minerals, hands down in my opinion is the worst product on the market. It is like spreading "dirt" on your face. You will have clogged pores like no tomorrow. I am also convinced after using many, many mineral makeups (powders) on the market, I have decided that using mineral makeup is not necessarily good for your skin. Now I know that they brag that they are, but many of the product in the mineral makeup, is really horrible for acne prone skin. Mica, Talc, Oxy B. I have canned all the mineral makeups and starting using Revlon powder. I don't use much makeup, but I have been dusting my face with this Revlon powder, and I have had no problems. I think society is on the kick of mineral makeups, and I think that is what has created the hype and buzz. In my opinion, not so sure!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ive used Bare Minerals and am happy with the results and the effect on my skin Smile no more clogged pores.

I am also loving Glow Fushion minerals, they are stunning
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
ID BARE MINERALS!!!!! The best! By far better than sheer cover. I did not like this at all
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Heres a link that will sort things out for you.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-facts-mineral-makeup.aspx
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I have used a number of mineral make ups and the one that is currently working best for me is Prescriptives. The color match is by far the best I have had and it seems to have a little more "glow" without being sparkly. The coverage is good for me although I don't need a lot of heavy coverage.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I hate BE. It's too shiny.
Smaller companies are harder to reach though.
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I guess everyone has their own experiences and opinions on mineral makeup, and thats understandable. Experiment, and use what you end up liking. Yes, it can be expensive experimenting, but many mineral companies have small sizes for you to try. I have tried many. I still LOVE Bare Escentuals. It makes my skin look radiant, and never once broken out, in fact it has improved my skin! Keep trying, you'll find something you love!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
My mom bought me Laura Mercier mineral foundation for my bday. I like it very much, but it was a massive advance having the woman at the counter showing me how to put MMU on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like BE too but PurMinerals even better!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mineralgirl

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love Rockit Minerals. I found them on ETSY and their foundation is the best looking, longest lasting I have tried so far. And I live in Houston, where it's hot and humid in winter. It also covers better than anything else I've tried.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
BE has grown on me, or perhaps I just finally learnt to apply it properly. Still, my favourite is Jane Iredale (pressed - no mess, just good natural coverage) and also True. From the loose MMU variety, I quite like a number of brands and have not come across anything terrible or anything that didn't work for my skin. Youngblood, Everyday Minerals, and Alima were all good. Mirenesse also makes MMU these days but it provides very sheer coverage in comparison to the others (IMO).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I like Raesin Images, even though their webpage is a nightmare. Rolling Eyes

http://www.raesinimages.com/

I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to negotiate around their website, and boy, you were not kidding about it being a nightmare. Shock Rolling Eyes Ugh...missing info., links that take you nowhere and tons of spelling and grammar errors. Embarrassing, to say the least.
That said, I am curious about their cream concealer (and their liquid concealer, when it debuts). Mineral powder concealers just are too dryish under my eyes.
Bethany - which type of their concealer did you try and like?
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I've tired both and I prefer bare minerals. It's lighter and I don't break out, which I noticed that I got red bumps when using sheer cover.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |