Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skin biopsy on face anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I've developed these raised circularish areas on my face that I've been seeing a derm for. On my chin and and between my cheek and nose. They are really weird and behave kind of like hives where they inflame and raise up and the skin around them seems to want to do the same then will calm down but still always there. They are not red, scaly or ithcy. They do not pus. They are just there. My derm tried treating it like eczema and had me try a few different creams. He finally gave me a referral to the derm center by me that sees patients on a referral only basis but reassured me "it could be 100 different things but nothing serious". He warned me they will want to do a biopsy and it will be my decision whether I do it or not because it will likely leave a scar.

Has anyone had a skin biopsy on their face? Did it scar? What should I expect? I know there are different kinds of biopsies and I won't know what they want to do until I see them. I'm freaking out a little bit. I will do my best to ask them to pick what they "think" it most looks like and if it's treatable let me try the treatment first to see if it responds before cutting my face. Or, if htey really want a biopsy asking them to do it on the chin where any possible scar would be better there than my cheek area.
nicola
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I had a biopsy near the end of my nose, it turned out to be a cyst, i ended up with 3 stitches as far as the scarring is concerned you can barely see anything you have to look really close, having said that i have done about 10 tca peels on the scar, which i feel played a big part.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
How circular are the areas, and are the borders more raised than the centers? ANY redness or scaliness at all? I'm just wondering if it's ringworm - which isn't a worm at all, it's a fungal infection. I got it once on my arm from my friend's damn cat, and it took two doctors to recognize what it was. It's easily cleared up with anti-fungal meds...something to ask about, anyway!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |