Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review - Gatineau Melatogenine Focus Pen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:56 am      Reply with quote
This is a review from my mum ( If I'm allowed to do that)!!

It costs £30 give or take a few pence. It has botufix and collagen and suppose to treat wrinkles at their core.

QVC say it is their highest concentrate product.

Mum is 72 and obviously has deep lines, although her skin is smooth (her beauty therapist says she the smoothest skin she has ever seen).

She used the pen for 4 days morning and night, then it ran out! She didnt put huge amounts on, she just used it around her eyes.

We opened up this pen just to see how much you get and couldnt believe our eyes at the size of the tiny tube inside the pen....No wonder you cant see through pen! It is so small its a wonder it lastest for 4 days!...

To be honest I thought it a bit of a con....and of course after only 4 days Mum noticed no difference in her eyes only in the weight of her purse!!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Gucci.

I was thinking of getting this for my Mum as part of her Christmas present. I won't bother now! You've saved me a costly mistake. Very Happy

Has your mum tried any other products from the Melatogenine range?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Shock That's aweful. Did you send it back? I think QVC has a 30 day money back guarantee.

I only have bought from QVC 2 times in the past ten years. I love to watch the show. They could sell - - - -. They are so good at marketing product. I would say they are the best home shopping channel. They do have some nice things.

Thank God I am not addicted to home shopping. Surprised

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I had a pen and it was faulty so I would send it back and get a replacement!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toe

Oh yes, we both have the Melatogenine day and night cream and the eye cream, also Mum swears by the neck gel. She did use defi-lift but didnt see any results. Oh and I have the Melatogenine mask as well. I like all the products....I was a gatineau queen but just recently have been leaning more towards Decleor.

We did think about sending the pen back, but we seriously pulled it to pieces to see how much serum was inside and didnt think they'd be to pleased to get it back in pieces!!!!..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:39 am      Reply with quote
LOL vandal!

have you tried the laser range?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm addicted to QVC beauty programmes Sad I've just cut my credit card up!....I still know the number off by heart though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:41 am      Reply with quote
did you put the sticker on the phone? Laughing
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
also Mum swears by the neck gel.

Oooh, good! That is the product I want to try out, also the hand cream. I've always been brought up to believe that it's your hands and neck that go first!

I think I may get my Mum some of the Melatogenine face cream and see how it works for her. If she gets good results I may have to invest in some for myself. Smile

Gucci, if you're addicted to QVC beauty programmes you should be watching it right now. 2nd hour of Gatineau!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:07 am      Reply with quote
What about the HSN. I was glued to it last week when they were showing Signature Club A silicone makeup. They did makeovers on air. Woman with very wrinkled skin were transformed into smooth, lifted beauties.

They were saying how the silicone was like filling crackes in a wall. hmm They put some of this so call miracle under the brow bone and rubed and instantly the eye was LIFTED. The product was cheap in price.

Thank God I have HD TV. The woman looked like they had a mask on. Every line would be putting silicone in makeup if it worked. I looked up silcone makeup for a search and everything that popped up was for Holloween Mask and Theater masks. Shock

Has anyone used this brand? Maybe I am wrong but it looks like a scam to me. What woman would not like to look 15 years younger instantly. I would say it would smooth out and tighten but as soon as you smiled it would CRACK. Laughing Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

I would say it would smooth out and tighten but as soon as you smiled it would CRACK. Laughing Laughing

Don't know anything about this brand but I've seen demonstrations of a product by Prescriptives that is designed to fill in lines. It's called Invisible Line Smoother.
It uses 'light reflective particles' to detract attention away from the lines. From what I've seen on the TV the product does seem to conceal the lines and wrinkles, but maybe it was camera trickery hmm . Trouble is, once you smile they show up immediately. The stuff doesn't crack though as it has some sort of elastic quality. It should mask wrinkles all day until you wash it off at night (as long as you don't smile/frown!)
No miracle product to permanently get rid of lines and wrinkles but it does claim to help conceal them.

Has anybody tried it?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:

It uses 'light reflective particles' to detract attention away from the lines. From what I've seen on the TV the product does seem to conceal the lines and wrinkles, but maybe it was camera trickery

Light reflective particles do work. I am using Lauren Hutton's Face Disc. I put the ligh reflective concealer on dark areas and my skin looks much younger. I just got this and like it. Silicon hmm is another story. Bad Grin

Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes!!! The sticker is on the phone, also got one on the extension!!!!

I'm on the internet watching the Gatineau show from work ( dont tell them) I've also got Mum ringing me up telling me whats on and how much!!!

I've only used the Laser Mask, and I like it, if my skin looks grey and tired I put the mask on and sleep in it, wash it off the next morning and I have a rosy healthy complexion...

I want to try the handcream, although after I've put my Vitaroma on at night I always put the excess on my hands and they arent bad now!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone know that Gatineau is funded by Revlon????

I didnt until QVC let it out tonight....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Did anyone know that Gatineau is funded by Revlon????

I didnt until QVC let it out tonight....

No, didn't know Shock I've bought too much so I didn't watch - even though I wanted to. Had to be strong!
Miss

Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Slightly off topic, but Gucci & Eve, do you know about shoppingtelly.com Where things shown on shopping telly are discussed, you can ask for opinions too.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
is this review about this pen?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/gatineau-melatogenine-exp-p_1856.htm

it is ridiculous Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mine was 8ml.

It is OK, still too little with that price tag.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
thanks Gucci now thats a brand i wont buy firstly with the way they market these things and then the alck of results. again thank you
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |