Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moving to Germany- Any skin care suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm moving to Germany in 6 months and aside from Dr. H, are there any Gems in Europe that you ladies love that those of us in the States either don't have access too or can't get easily?

I'm open for suggestions! I'm looking to reading this! thank you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I always stock up on Avene's tinosorb emulsion sunscreen.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
European sunscreens like La Roche Posay, Avene and Bioderma are loved by many ppl. However it is easier to get Bioderma in France, not so in Germany.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I go to Germany at least once a year, and I always get: ROC Enydrial. It is a hand cream that is fantastic - stays on and really moisturizes. I urge you to try it. No, You must try it.
Also, I usually find various masks to play with - the pharmacies are wonderful over there!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
you can find here also Gehwol, it`s a german feet-care line, it is carried by Essentialdayspa.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
deanne, lucky you! To what part are you moving?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
If you like organic skincare, I can recommend: Martina Gebhardt, i+m Naturkosmetik, Logona and Tautropfen. Lots to try, I hope you enjoy it here! Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deanne

I“ve lived here in Germany for the past 15 years but am American. You can find the Babor products here, of course. On the other hand, you will discover that cosmeticians are not too fond of what they consider "aggressive" acid (saure) approach to skin care- hence it will be difficult to talk to them about Vit.C serums and Retinol products, let alone hydroxy(?)facial peels. Don“t even mention hydroquinone! They are conservative in this regard compared to the American market. At some select pharmacies (Apotheke) you can find SkinCeuticals products- very pricey indeed. I would advise you to stalk up on any skin care items state side! That“s my opinion!

But you will find the holistic approach to wellness quite refreshing too I think.

Schoene Zeit wuensche ich Dir!
Flannery

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. We are moving to Baumhaulder. It seems to be pretty remote, but suppose to be very beautiful. Truthfully, I'm a bit nervous to be moving to a new country. I mean, visiting would be cool, but moving has my stomach in knots. hehe I don't even speak German (good chance to learn, eh?).

<SIGH> Everyone is very happy for us and I keep going from excited to depressed. Isn't that sad? Thank you for all the ideas. Oh, Flannery! I never thought of stocking up on stuff here. Good grief, now I'm going to have to whittle down my bathroom cabinets to see what I 'can't live without' and then see if it is available over there.....man, does this move have anything simple going for it? Embarassed
Don't mind me, I have since been to start the paperwork for passports....that's over $300for my family!!! And it takes forever to get these. Right now I'm being quoted as 2 months (if everything goes quickly). Wow! Who knew trying to leave the country for a few years was such a pain...not to mention that we are moving to an apartment....most of my house has to be put in storage. Confused I hate apartments. I think the worst part is I may not be able to afford all my animals right away. My best friend said she would look after my Beagle until I can afford to send for him, but it breaks my heart that I can't take my cat and both dogs at one time. My daughter is heart broken about leaving her hamster. We are going to ask my sister if she will look after him for us (I can't break the news to my 6 year old that the hamster won't survive the 3 years we are away. He is already 15 months old).
Thanks for listening to me whine. I really am looking forward to the actually being there part....just not all the prep up to it. Thanks for listening.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I love Babor products. They are made in Germany. Good luck with your move. How exciting it must be! I remember many years ago my sister moved to Germany for a year. She stocked up on peanut butter and other favorites. It's probably different now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |