Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
=== Vote for the supplement you cannot live without===
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Vote for the supplement you cannot live without

Vitamin C
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Vitamin B complex
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Multi-Vitamins
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
MSM
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
CO-Q10
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Vitmin E
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Omega 3
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Glucosamine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
krill oil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:57 am      Reply with quote
For others, please state it. Arrow
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
There are so many besides the MSM but ECGC is right up there as well.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
The one supplement I can't live without is Vitamin D. All the studies show a correlation between low vitamin D levels and serious disease such as cancer and multiple sclerosis. It' also implicated in maintaining bone density. Those of us that live in northerly climates or who are regular in using potent sunscreens will almost certainly need supplementation. So, that's the one I can't live without.

I also would be sorry to have to give up my MSM and glucosamine--it really helps with the arthritis in my fingers.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
See I can't vote. I also take Vitamin D and many other supplements including vitamin C.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin D for health and Biosil for vanity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
MSM has given me the most visible result, but I wouldn't take it w/o vit C. Plus I always take Calcium + D, fish oil, biotin and maca root. I used to take a whole alphabet of supplements, but narrowed it down to just these few, which work fine for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Other- Colostrum for my immune system...its the best!!! No more flu!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would vote for MSM but it's not considered effective without the C supplement. Difficult to choose. Depends upon your needs and agenda. for health it may be Vit D. for skin it might be MSM and Vitamin C
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I voted for MSM too. I think you should change to poll to MSM + vit. C. We don't take it without the C. Thanks to board members who pointed this out.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I take quite a few supplements but my favourite would have to be the B6 Complex by Thorne.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking MSM but with out vit.c. I'll buy the Vit. C tom
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I voted for Omega 3.
I bought the Perricone Weight Loss Diet a while back and he named the top 12 supplements that facilitate weight loss while maintaining muscle mass....ok Bad Grin this is not really skin supplements, but I have been taking most of them and have lost some weight (not sure about whether it improved my skin, though Confused ):
Superstar Supplement #1: Omega 3
Superstar Supplement #2: ALA
Superstar Supplement #3:Asthaxanthin
Superstar Supplement #4: Carnitite
Superstar Supplement #5: Acetyl L Carnitite
Superstar Supplement #6: CLA
Superstar Supplement #7: CoQ10
Superstar Supplement #8 Chromium
Superstar Supplement #9: GLA
Superstar Supplement #10:Glutamine
Superstar Supplement #11:Maitake Magic
Superstar Supplement #12:DMAE
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I think I couldn't choose just ONE supplement as many work in synergy with each other. But if there was just one, it would be high quality protein.

As for essential vitamins I prefer to take New Chapter/Megafoods as it is derived from food sources and not synthetic.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Vit C
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin B complex
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
A SAM-E a day keeps my doctor away!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I take may supplements most of which you have listed (also Resveratrol and green tea).

I also take vit. D (I was found to be very deficient which is a surprise because I drink milk and am at the beach often!) Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
The one supplement I can't live without is Vitamin D. All the studies show a correlation between low vitamin D levels and serious disease such as cancer and multiple sclerosis. It' also implicated in maintaining bone density. Those of us that live in northerly climates or who are regular in using potent sunscreens will almost certainly need supplementation. So, that's the one I can't live without.

I also would be sorry to have to give up my MSM and glucosamine--it really helps with the arthritis in my fingers.

Hey Flitcraft... What kind of Vitamin D do you take and how much?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Flitcraft- Those of us in Sunny areas are Vitamin D deficient as well.

I was shocked when my husband who doesn't use sunscreen was recently found to be Vitamin D deficient. Sunny Southern California.........

When it is an RX you take 50,000 units per week (1 capsule) for however many weeks you need to get your vitamin level up to normal.

After finding out my husband was Vitamin D deficient, I have recommended to many to get their level checked.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I get my vitamin D outside and during the winter supplement but I also chose other cuz I couldn't find probiotics nor enzymes on the list and those two are biggies for me.
Eleni
5% products discount

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
OPC / Pycnogenol / Grapeseed extract.

Whenever I stopp I need a lot more moisturiser - especially body lotion...
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
EPO is a must to me!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |