Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best tinted moisturiser for *ahem* mature skins
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
As I get older less is more. I am happy now to wear a tinted moisturiser for day wear. I have been using the Laura Mercier one but am thinking of maybe Bobbi Brown.
What are your faves?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm around your age. My priority is sun protection so I use Avene emulsion SPF50. This would help to protect my skin from ravages of sunlight since my capacity for repairing the damage is much lessened these days. For coverage, I use mineral make up. From Silk Naturals (www.silknaturals.com). This consists of mineral powder only, there's none of the silicones, chemical preservatives, etc that goes into normal make up.
violetta
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I like Dermalogica Sheer Tint moisture (3 different shades). I only have a few fine lines, but I believe this could work for more mature skin as well. It gives a nice finish, not oily, not too dry, doesn't emphasize pores, lines etc. Plus for SPF 15. There are raves about the NCN tinted moisturiser on this forum too. NCN even does a firming mineral foundation if you need a bit more coverage.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to mention the Jan Marini tinted moisturiser, which is meant to be very good. (Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant, tinted, 3 different shades). I want to try this, once I have finished my dermalogica .) This one has SPF 30, great if you're concerned about protecting your skin from sun damage.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I use a liquid mineral from NCN Proskincare... has MSM and DMEA in it... it's quite nice...

She also has a tinted moisturizer... have not tried it... I'm too new to post a link... so google it...

Best...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I just mix MMU in with whatever moisturiser I am wearing, usually mix up a week or two's worth at a time, in a little pot. Quick 'n' easy!
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
If you're lucky and it matches, Kiehl's TM is really good.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I second violettas recommendation of Dermalogica Sheer Tint. It gives a natural look.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
SVR 50 Tinted All Physical sunscreen!!! You get beautiful, light coverage (no need for concealer) (the color is perfect - I'm fair too), you get spf 50 and ppd 20, and it's creamy enough (but not sooo much so) for my oily skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm liking the new Olay Recapture TM and its fragrance free too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used DHC Q10 liquid foundation? It sounds good but I can't find any reviews on it. Anyone???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
SVR 50 Tinted All Physical sunscreen!!! You get beautiful, light coverage (no need for concealer) (the color is perfect - I'm fair too), you get spf 50 and ppd 20, and it's creamy enough (but not sooo much so) for my oily skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF!

WHere is the best place to get hold of this, tsjmom?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
tsjmom wrote:

Not tsjmom, but you can it get it from wwww.skincarecentral.biz Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20 is wonderful - especially for mature age skin.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
catski wrote:
tsjmom wrote:

Yep, that's where I buy. It is the only HG for me so far.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
catski wrote:
tsjmom wrote:

Yep, that's where I buy. It is the only HG for me so far.

thankyou - both of you !
I remember you mentioning this before,tjsmom, and me finding it was out of stock, and then losing track of exactly what the product was and where to get it... Embarassed
So, here I go and will try again. it sounds like a gem of a product.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, call them now. I just got a new one last week.

lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like to mix the mineral makeups in with my moisturizer. It doesn't cake in the lines that way!
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for la mer tinted moisturizer. My mom adores it!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Loved La Mer but the colors were off for me...too peachy. I love Armani face fabric.I've stopped looking at others which is saying a lot for me.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks m1roxI andcatski and lilybearnever thought to mix minerals with my moisturiser and I will give it a try.
Violetta and Septembergirl
hanks and I have used Dermalogica before forgot why I stopped but I will get some samples.
fitmama and keliu thanks for the heads up on NCN tinted moisturizer I knew there was something i wanted to try when i ordered another vaculift and this was it!
Thanks Katsey Didn't know Kiehl did I TM so I will do some research on it.
tsjmom thanks but what brand is SVR I have not heard of it?
Marina thanks does the Amarmi has an SPF in it
CrazyForClooney thanks and didn't know Olay was doing a TM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Kate, SVR is the brand name. It's a Euro company that's hard to get in the States. They make a whole range of skin care products, which I have not tried. I am just absolutely in love with this s/s. You can order samples from skincarecentral dot biz. I also use the Avene Emulsion and Bioderma Max Fluide s/s. The color of the SVR is just perfect, though. The finish is not greasy, just fresh and slightly dewy. It blends in seamlessly to my skin. No lines of demarcation.

kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I love Becca Luminous Colour Foundation, it is very sheer and more like a tinted moisturiser rather than a foundation. Also there are heaps of shades available.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier works great, and sometimes I also wear Clinique City Block, which is not a moisturizer though.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Ditto on the Laura Mercier
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |