Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best pills for weight loss..?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
greenswizzle
5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I know, the best way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. However, I just had foot surgery and will need another soon, and cannot move at all (except to crawl to the bathroom, and my bedroom) and have gotten a little bit chubbier than I like. I'm not overweight but I want to get back into my expensive work clothes when I get back on my feet. Any suggestions for a weight loss pill that might help my metabolism while I am so inactive? I only need to lose about 8 lbs, and I already take MSM and Vitamin C. Thanks in advance!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
IMO I dont think any pills help with metabolism.
jessyyann
5% products discount

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a type of Thailand diet pills and it's really worked. The wrapped plastic is printed "yan Hee hospital", so I guess it might be a hospital in Thailand...

I bought one period of treatment for 28 days, but I only ate 14 days...coz I've already loss 7kg, from 54kg to 47kg...

I think this pill is really better for a temporary weight loss as i can control ur desire to eat everything....^_^
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
hello

Exercise and healthy eating plus these pills work Smile
Hydroxycut
Advanced Thermogenic formula

I use these tablets and have seen results. You can buy these from any health store or fitness store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ wrote:
hello

Hydroxycut

I use these tablets and have seen results. You can buy these from any health store or fitness store.

Hi Marcia.. is this stuff healthy?

Did your metabolism return to normal when you stopped taking the tabs?

Did you get any side effects?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 5 lbs in a week and a half while doing a brown rice cleanse. PM me if you want more info on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Cleansing the body (colon, kidney, lung, liver) will help to get rid of the parasites and toxic deposits and will help the body to function normal again. Lots of cleansing programs out there, some effective, some not as effective. As with everything, going slow with it is the best approach IMHO to avoid very bad herx effects (healing crisis).
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't recommend pills as I've heard many side effects on friends. I guess it is not that difficult to lose several pounds if stay with some low calorie diets and not eat 3 hours before sleep, even without much exercise. Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
I wouldn't recommend pills as I've heard many side effects on friends. I guess it is not that difficult to lose several pounds if stay with some low calorie diets and not eat 3 hours before sleep, even without much exercise. Very Happy

Not eating late dinners is a key. It works very well, but not a quick fix. It takes about a couple months to see the results, however the results are there!
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
greenswizzle wrote:
I know, I know, the best way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. However, I just had foot surgery and will need another soon, and cannot move at all (except to crawl to the bathroom, and my bedroom) and have gotten a little bit chubbier than I like. I'm not overweight but I want to get back into my expensive work clothes when I get back on my feet. Any suggestions for a weight loss pill that might help my metabolism while I am so inactive? I only need to lose about 8 lbs, and I already take MSM and Vitamin C. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I had knee surgery and its hard for me to do the running. And I was looking for a quick weight loss pill too. I haven't found one yet, however I hear alli works well. It trains you to eat well and it also saids you need work out(like all of them do).

I would probably suggest the non carb diet or the magic cleanse.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe try green tea. It is supposed to help somewhat with fat loss.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
greenswizzle wrote:

I went through a very similar situation with a surgery that kept me pretty limited in mobility for about 9 months. 20lbs of lessons learned later, I would tell you to skip the pills and cut your calories....you are moving less, so you don't need the same amount of calories. (too bad I didn't think of that earlier myself!)

Don't eat out of boredom because you have limited mobility, and also try to do whatever limited exercise that you can...handweights do not require feet! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
greenswizzle wrote:

I went through a very similar situation with a surgery that kept me pretty limited in mobility for about 9 months. 20lbs of lessons learned later, I would tell you to skip the pills and cut your calories....you are moving less, so you don't need the same amount of calories. (too bad I didn't think of that earlier myself!)

Don't eat out of boredom because you have limited mobility, and also try to do whatever limited exercise that you can...handweights do not require feet! Very Happy

maybe swimming would be a good form of excercise.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
You can really lose 10 lbs in two weeks without much exercise. You need to stay low glycemic, eat small frequent meals, stay away from prepared foods, drinking water and green tea helps.

I'm not much one for pills but there are some that have soluble fiber (binds carbs and fats so they are not as easily absorbed) and chromium (which supress appetite and make you less hungry; chromium helps blood sugar control).

I would not take any of these pills long term (interfers with nutrient absorption) nor would I take any containing stimulants.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Another voice of caution regarding pills. Under US supplement regulations--which are really non-regulations, as it turns out--a supplement doesn't have to contain what it claims or in the amounts that it claims. Believe it or not, there's no legal requirement for this, as opposed to drugs. Heck, even cosmetics have to list ingredients, though not amounts, unfortuantely. So you really don't know what you're getting. And that's particularly bad with "weight loss" supplements because some ingredients used are dangerous--ephedra and ephedra-like things are an example.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently Britney took it off by just..... avoiding sugar!!! What a revelation!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
MarciaNZ wrote:
hello

Hydroxycut

Do pills like this do anything more than suppress your appetite?

Betsy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
charlibets wrote:
MarciaNZ wrote:
hello

Hydroxycut

Do pills like this do anything more than suppress your appetite?

Betsy

Here's an interesting and reliable source for info:

http://mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/AN01292

Hope this helps you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
MY hubby went to his doc for weight loss and here is what he did for him:
*Full test-cholesteral, thyroid, and a stress tedt.
*Recommended South beach diet. Great guidelines and a sensible eating, just to stick to the basics of it. Also mainly simple solutions like cutting out sugar, flour, processed food and alcohol. (My son has lost 25 lbs of his post-frat college life by this so far but he also took up Moi Tai and jogging again).
*Walking on the treadmill (or any cardio) for 45 minutes at least 3 times a week to start and then work up to 5 days of activity, including the walking. Hubby does golf 2 days and walks for 3, plus lifts weights.
*He takes amour for his sluggish thyroid, which can help aid in losing weight and crestor for his cholesteral.
*He put him on Adipex (phentermine) for 30 days to jump start his metabolism and curb appetite,then took him off, because you don't want any * spam alert * cravings. He now takes a very low dose of Adderall, which also helps curb appetite weirdly enough. (That was at my urging, because sometimes the ADD drove us nuts).
He has lost 20 pounds since January. He hit a slow down point as we have been eating fast food a lot lately and been on the run dealing with an out of town real estate flip. But he got the lecture last night and is jumping back on the wagon.
I also make him a drink of oj, activa, and a scoop of Tonic Alchemey (71 in 1) from Dragon Herbs.
It's really been a great routine when he follows it and it works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, assume you mean "Armour", as in the brand of thyroid supplement, not "amour", but that and Adderall can sure increase the weight-loss effects of any diet regime!

thanks for the advice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did mean Armour. That has helped his sluggish thyroid rev up and he is doing good on it. The low dose of Adderall helps take the edge off the appetite, but more importantly for us, helps him focus. He says it helps his golf game too! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
........gotta love those amphetamines!!
But maybe "amour" WOULD help better.....hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it was subliminal! Wink
But yes, they are great for jump starting the old metabolism. You just can't take them for very long.
I now have him on green tea and cayenne, and the total alchemy, which does help boost his energy.
When you feel bloated and sluggish, you don't feel like exercising, unfortunately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
annieR, why does he feel bloated and sluggish? Could be constipation! Feed him fiber and looooooots of fluids and see if that helps! Fiber, as in fruits & veggies with all the enzymes and vitamins! Hope that helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips. No, he doesn't anymore. I know when I am overweight a few pounds, I just feel bloated and sluggish, so I kind of super-imposed that on him. But also his thyroid was sluggish and now its right on track. He does get lots of fiber, I make sure of that! He grumbles I am killing him while trying to make him healthy.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |