Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your favorite organic/natural cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love Evan's Garden dreamsoap cleanser but would like to try something new. Any suggestions?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
zenbiotic face & body cleanser. Organic raw active botanical products. The cleanser is awesome!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I really like Best Bath Store's acne facial bar (with olive oil and manuka honey). I'm acne-prone but not super oily, and this has been a great soap so far -- not too drying. Not sure if that'll change in the dead of winter though... but for now it's great! I've also happily used Jurlique's cleanser for oily skin and Pomega5's facial soap. I've tried Burt's Bees as well and used their soap bark cleanser for a couple years too; nothing wrong, I just wanted to try some new things.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Chagrin Valley Grapeseed Shea Complexion Soap.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of grapeseed, palm kernel, palm, unrefined shea butter, babassu, olive, castor bean, and expeller pressed canola; filtered rainwater; organic tomato juice; white china clay; essential oils of lavender, geranium, palmarosa, and ylang ylang; and vitamin E oil.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Currently I rotate through a few different cleansers at night (per 302 skincare rec's).

An organic cleanser I use that I quite like is from Sophyto - the Ultra Mild Silken Cleanser. Its really gentle, not irritating and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, non sudsing, and removes non-waterproof make-up.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using A'kin's Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser & Toner-in-One for ages and still absolutely love it.

Apart from the gorgeous scent, it cleans very well and leaves my dry skin feeling lovely, soft and comfortable. I massage it in and then remove it with a warm, damp muslin cloth.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I've been using A'kin's Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser & Toner-in-One for ages and still absolutely love it.

Apart from the gorgeous scent, it cleans very well and leaves my dry skin feeling lovely, soft and comfortable. I massage it in and then remove it with a warm, damp muslin cloth.

majorb,

Hi! Do you use the cleanser to remove sunscreen and makeup? If so, do you think it'll remove Euro sunscreens well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
valmont water fall
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 am      Reply with quote
But I really love Lily Organic's Sensitive Skin Cleanser. My skin is combination rather than dry, and even somewhat acne prone, but for some reason most cleansers dry the $%#& out of my skin.

This cleans well, soothes redness, and has never broken me out. Afterwards my skin feels soft and relaxed. I love it. You can purchase a sample at lilyorganics.com My sample lasted 6 weeks. If you order from them, you might also want to try a sample of the Seven Exotic Oils Rejuvenating serum, or whatever it's called. And the honey-enzyme mask.

Prices are reasonable and products last forever.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
majorb wrote:

majorb,

Hi! Do you use the cleanser to remove sunscreen and makeup? If so, do you think it'll remove Euro sunscreens well?

Not majorb here, but I use Euro sunscreen (Avene emulsion and Bioderm Max Fluide). The cleanser does remove sunscreen. My routine: massage into the skin for a few minutes, tissue off, wipe with damp face cloth. Ideally, a microfiber cloth would be the best to make sure everything comes off.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
majorb wrote:

majorb,

Not majorb here, but I use Euro sunscreen (Avene emulsion and Bioderm Max Fluide). The cleanser does remove sunscreen. My routine: massage into the skin for a few minutes, tissue off, wipe with damp face cloth. Ideally, a microfiber cloth would be the best to make sure everything comes off.

Thanks so much. I'm currently using Shu oil, but wanna switch to something more skin-friendly. Do you think the cleanser is suitable for combination skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I use pevonia sensitive cleanser. I was also trialing A'kin Rosemary and Geranium Creamy Cleanser while I love the feel of this cleanser the smell was a little sickly for me.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
PSF's Castile Cleanser has some fans.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
majorb wrote:

majorb,

Thanks so much. I'm currently using Shu oil, but wanna switch to something more skin-friendly. Do you think the cleanser is suitable for combination skin?

As with all skincare, your mileage may vary. I personally think it is more suitable for skin that's on the dry-combination rather than oily-combination side. If Shu oil worked well for you, why don't you consider Garden of Wisdom's cleansing oil?www.gardenofwisdom.com. It has natural ingredients and works like the Shu oil. I didn't like the Shu oil, it didn't seem to rinse off clean enough for me and left a bit of film. I used the pink coloured one before.
chinee
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I have used many natural/organic brands (I guess over 15 brands).
My skin type is dry, and I am about 30 years old.

I like Rose Dew Cleansing Milk by Borlind of Germany. Its texture and my skin feeling after cleasing are both very good. However, it cannot not clean water-proof sunscreens very well. I also tried their LL and ZZ series, but the Rose dew one is best for me.

I also like "Juniper, Cypress & Lemon Myrtle Face Wash" by "Myrtle leaf". Although it is formulated for oily or normal skins, I enjoy its unusually fresh feeling and smell in summers and my skin don't feel overly-cleansed at all. I also tried the "Rosemilk Gentle cleansing milk", which is a little moisturizing for me but works well in winters.

I also like Juice beauty cleansing milk. Its texture and smell are nice, sutiable for all seasons, but I have not bought a normal size to see if I will stick to it or not.

Ecco bella's Cleansing Milk Makeup Remover is also nice. Although its smell and cleansing ability are not very good, its special light gel-like texture attract me too.

Most natural cleansers cannot deal effectively with highly-water-proof sunscreens or make-ups. If I wear a highly water-proof sunscreen product, I use Bioelements sensitive cleanser (cleansing oil) and latter a cleansing gel (e.g Myrtle leaf or lavera basic cleansing gel)to completely remove the sunscreen.

Other brands, inclusing DH, Weleda, Jurlique, Lavera, Logona, Aubrey, Miessence, Martina Gebhardt, Avalon, Druide, Devita, Tinderbox, and etc., are mostly nice. Some are special, for example, devita (gel with high cleansing ability so very convenient to use), Martina Gebhardt (milks with so gentle and natural feelings, suitable in winters), and Tinderbox (traditional cleansing milk containing only beewax as the emulsifier as well as fragrant and liberal essential oils), so I still bought normal sizes of them.
However, I don't stick to any of them, just returning to some of them (DH, Aubrey, MG, Devita and Tinderbox) depending on my mood or whether I have chance to buy them at lower prices.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I've learned to be a lot more flexible with the cleansers I use, since they don't make long contact with facial skin and are all meant to be rinsed off. I tend to invest more in treatments that'll be left on.

Best makeup remover by far, especially since I've had to start using a conventional foundation during the heat of summer is still jojoba oil. Removes makeup, sunscreen, and even my mascara that isn't really waterproof, but stays put despite all the sweat.

Other facial cleansers I tend to rotate:
PSF Papaya Enzyme Cleanser
Great New Skin's Lavender Cleansing Foam - I just love this dispenser, it turns any product into foam!
Jurlique sensitive skin cleansing milk (great makeup remover but it leaves a film unless I follow up with a microfiber cloth
Cellbone Collagen Cleansing gel.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
majorb wrote:

majorb,

As with all skincare, your mileage may vary. I personally think it is more suitable for skin that's on the dry-combination rather than oily-combination side. If Shu oil worked well for you, why don't you consider Garden of Wisdom's cleansing oil?www.gardenofwisdom.com. It has natural ingredients and works like the Shu oil. I didn't like the Shu oil, it didn't seem to rinse off clean enough for me and left a bit of film. I used the pink coloured one before.

Thanks. Although I have combination skin, it's very prone to dehydration and most cleansers for combo skin tend to make it worse.

I agree that Shu Oils don't seem to rinse completely clean. It's just that I've been using them (I swap around) for years and I must have gotten used to it. Lately, my skin has changed a lot and it's become oilier and more congested. That's why I wanna look for another cleanser. A'kin seems to contain good ingredients. Plus it's inexpensive. Do you have to use a lot of it at a time? Also, where do you buy it from?

5% products discount

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I second the Sophyto cleanser rec. I have been using it about two weeks. It is very gentle and yet a very effective cleanser.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
[quote="m1rox

I agree that Shu Oils don't seem to rinse completely clean. It's just that I've been using them (I swap around) for years and I must have gotten used to it. Lately, my skin has changed a lot and it's become oilier and more congested. That's why I wanna look for another cleanser. A'kin seems to contain good ingredients. Plus it's inexpensive. Do you have to use a lot of it at a time? Also, where do you buy it from?

I use one squirt. Quite a lot comes out and the bottle is big (200mls). I have oily/combo skin. When I first used it, I thought it didn't clean well enough because I was just trying to rinse it off. Now I tissue off most of it, rinse with water and use a microfiber cloth to get the remainder off.

I have no trouble getting it where I live. It comes from Australia. You can search onwww.yahoo.com.au to find various online retailers selling it and find which has the best shipping options.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
[quote="m1rox

I use one squirt. Quite a lot comes out and the bottle is big (200mls). I have oily/combo skin. When I first used it, I thought it didn't clean well enough because I was just trying to rinse it off. Now I tissue off most of it, rinse with water and use a microfiber cloth to get the remainder off.

I have no trouble getting it where I live. It comes from Australia. You can search onwww.yahoo.com.au to find various online retailers selling it and find which has the best shipping options.

That doesn't sound much. A tube should last quite some time. Do you use it in the morning too?

I just did some googling and found a few websites where I can buy it from in the UK. Awesome! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've used quite a few of the Sophyto products, found the line pretty hit and miss as a whole. I didn't like the Silken Cleanser, it stung my skin, wheras the Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser they make was far better for me. I liked it but I've used more effective cleansers.
I did love the Sophtyo refining Peel Active Exfoliator, great product but the packaging was beyond awful.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="andaman_gypsy"][quote="m1rox"]
andaman_gypsy wrote:
[quote="m1rox

That doesn't sound much. A tube should last quite some time. Do you use it in the morning too?

I just did some googling and found a few websites where I can buy it from in the UK. Awesome! Smile

No, I use an organic soap from US. Grapeseed shea complexion soap from Chagrin Valley (www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com). It has some AHAs (hydroxy acids) for a bit of gentle exfoliation. Also can be used on the body and the hair. My scalp is soooo sensitive that I have to use these organic soap shampoo bars.

By the way, since you're in UK, have you tried Lush Ultrabland cleanser? That is pretty good for removing sunblock as well. And the ingredients are natural. That's another product that I really like.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="m1rox"][quote="andaman_gypsy"]
m1rox wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
[quote="m1rox

No, I use an organic soap from US. Grapeseed shea complexion soap from Chagrin Valley (www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com). It has some AHAs (hydroxy acids) for a bit of gentle exfoliation. Also can be used on the body and the hair. My scalp is soooo sensitive that I have to use these organic soap shampoo bars.

By the way, since you're in UK, have you tried Lush Ultrabland cleanser? That is pretty good for removing sunblock as well. And the ingredients are natural. That's another product that I really like.

Nope, I haven't tried Lush Ultrabland. I've tried some other cleansers from Lush though (Angels on Bare Skin and Japanese Girl), and thought they were just ok. That was a long long time ago. I'm going into town tomorrow, so I might grab a jar of Ultrabland to give it a try. Do you have to double-cleanse with Ultrabland?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Probably not, unless you have oily skin. Ask the sales assistant for tips on how to use it. What I was told to do is use only a small amount (because the stuff is like a paste), rub it with the palms of your hands first, then spread it evenly over the face, use a warm damp face towel and lay it over the face for a few minutes to warm up the oils, then wipe off. I believe you can get some good muslin cloths in the Body Shop for face cleansing that are gentle on the skin.

The Ultrabland is supposed to be able to remove thick stage make up. And it's not drying on the skin at all. Should be good now that winter is coming up.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
DHC Cleansing oil is good.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |