Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

luminess air or Bare minerals whats best?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: luminess air or bare minerals

luminess air
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bare Minerals
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Pilar83

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I'm trying to figure out if i should bye the luminess air or the bare minerals I've never used any of these types of cosmetics and would like some advise. One of my friends told me that bare minerals is best a day makeup while airbrush would work best for nights or special events. Is this true? Should I get both or is one better than the other?
lubylou

Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Ive only tried bare minerals- use the face powder everyday- with their brushes (all bought at hideously inflated Confused Australian prices in Dept store here BEFORE I discovered EDS..)I find the coverage is great, you can stack on a bit more if you have more to cover, or evenings and it looks really natural and if you are the kinda girl who would Embarassed EEK like just perhaps not wash her face everynight before slipping into bed- no dramatic post makeup breakouts happen, hurrah
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
My sister is really fond of Bare minerals. She is 29, with very oily and sensitive skin. She says she loves this powder because it never clogs her pores, and does not add any irritation/breakouts. I, on the other hand, never got myself to buy it because it just seems a bit messy to me -- the loose powder, the special brushes, etc, etc..
Kwallick

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Luminess Airbrush and I absolutely love it. I have oily skin so I use their Matte foundation. Absolute best foundation I have ever used. I'm super picky about things I put on my face since I have oily skin and foundations add more weight (not sure this is the best descriptive word). With using the Matte Luminess makeup my skin feels "dry" all day. Which is an absolute dream for someone with oily skin. I would say the cons with Luminess is that the little bottles leak when I have traveled. This might also have been a user error. Smile
Kwallick

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Luminess Airbrush and I absolutely love it. I have oily skin so I use their Matte foundation. Absolute best foundation I have ever used. I'm super picky about things I put on my face since I have oily skin and foundations add more weight (not sure this is the best descriptive word). With using the Matte Luminess makeup my skin feels "dry" all day. Which is an absolute dream for someone with oily skin. I would say the cons with Luminess is that the little bottles leak when I have traveled. This might also have been a user error. Smile
Kwallick

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Evansmama47

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I HATE Bare minerals. I have dry skin and it only sinks into my dry spots and wrinkles and accentuates them. I should have known not to put powder on dry skin but I thought since everybody is using it, it must be good....wrong!!!
I really have wanted to try Luminess Air for literally 2 yrs. It surely would look flawless like the "stars" on tv.
Just my opinion..btw, my skin is 47 yrs old.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Evansmama, I completely agree. I have dry skin and it probably looks worse than any other foundation I've ever tried, next to Mary Kay but don't get me started on that one. Bad Grin

Even the salesperson was like "Ohhhhh." after she applied it. The color matches are terrible (Fair? Medium? I have friends of different ancestry and undertones that would be the same "shade" as me, just because they put fair on the package doesn't mean it'll match). The texture made me look like I was made of chalk.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings, I guess I watch too many infomercials and believe every word they say. I thought since it was "minerals" instead of powder, that it wouldn't lay in my wrinkles. I was told by a friend of mine that there are other mineral foundations I could try but I NEVER WILL!
I really would like to see what I look like with airbrush makeup though ;o)
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily and acne prone skin and when I used to use Bareminerals my skin looked really smooth and nice. My skin was not irritated by the powders. The reason why I stopped using it is because I've noticed that I would get more blackheads around my nose area -- these blackheads never got inflammed though.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Bare minerals, it offers very good light coverage.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
MrsCarito

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I realize this post is old but I purchased BM $200 kit back in 2006 thinking it would be a miracle and was sorely disappointed. If you already have decent skin it is great. If you need medium to maximum coverage it is a no go and returning the kit was so difficult and came with so many fees I just ended up eating the cost as with all miracle overpriced crap I've bought for my terrible skin that didn't work. I have pretty severe rosacea so it did not work for me. I also have very oily skin and it didn't last long for me either. Maybe with continued use, my skin would have improved enough for it to be useful but I don't personally want to run around scaring children at the grocery store until then. It was a huge let down for me. Anyway I haven't tried luminess yet. I know dinair has paramedical makeup so if I had the money I would have purchased their kit. However, right now, HSN has a deal on the new hd legend luminess kit and I ended up getting it for under $100. $80 something with my 15 percent discount for signing up for emails and making $20 payments as opposed to paying the $80 all at once. I will post again after I use it in hopes it will help someone because there is not a lot of information out there on rosacea and luminess. Also I do still use mineral concealer for now for touch ups but I use E.L.F. cosmetics line and it is cheap as dirt and covers better than BM did at least in 2006. Maybe they have improved since then. I couldn't say. Too afraid to repurchase.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |