Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My secret to combat dehydrated skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
My skin used to look dehydrated, but since I started using avocado oil every night, it looks plump and moist, no more creases when I smile. I started to use avocado oil for the age spots after I read about avocado oil on this forum. I'm thrilled to find it's helping with the dehydration problem. I am not seeing results on fading spots just yet. It's been 2 weeks.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly what kind of avocado oil?
Toby
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same results from using jojoba daily. I've never tried avocado oil. Is it good for people prone to breakouts/clogged pores? Keep us posted on the age spots. My mom is looking for something for age spots.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Exactly what kind of avocado oil?
Toby

I bought the unrefined cold pressed Hass avocado oil from Whole Foods. It's green color. The brand is virgin islands, I believe. Be careful not to get the refined gold color one by Spectrum. I made a mistake of picking that one up first and had to return it for this one. They're both in the cooking oil section.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I've had the same results from using jojoba daily. I've never tried avocado oil. Is it good for people prone to breakouts/clogged pores? Keep us posted on the age spots. My mom is looking for something for age spots.

I am not sure if it is good for people prone to breakouts or not. I get my normal monthly hormonal breakout with or without using the oil. I am not seeing any lightening effect from using the oil yet. I am still using the oil nightly. I will keep you posted.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
ruk, are you using it on wet skin? how many drops?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried avocado oil for months but I didn't see much in terms of benefits. It didn't harm my skin either. I found that argan oil suits my skin more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
i have never been able to find a good brand of avocado oil. any suggestions?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
i have never been able to find a good brand of avocado oil. any suggestions?

--avalange

Have you tried the Virgin Islands brand that Whole Foods carries? It seems like a very good one to me.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
ruk, are you using it on wet skin? how many drops?

No, I pat my skin dry first, and I pour the oil on to my palm. The bottle doesn't have a dropper. I would say it's about the size of a quarter but I only use whatever amount I feel won't be too much and the rest I rub on my legs. It's very good for all over body, too.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I tried avocado oil for months but I didn't see much in terms of benefits. It didn't harm my skin either. I found that argan oil suits my skin more.

I am the opposite. I tried argan oil and it did not do much for me. Smile
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
i think evoo works wonders
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

Avocado oil is very high in Vit A, which may be why some people see reductions in hyperpigmentation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Diana P wrote:

Avocado oil is very high in Vit A, which may be why some people see reductions in hyperpigmentation.

It raised my interest until I saw your post that it is very high in Vit A, which pregnant women should stay away from.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
bethany wrote:
Diana P wrote:

It raised my interest until I saw your post that it is very high in Vit A, which pregnant women should stay away from.

hmm I thought as long as it is a natural product, you are safe to use it during pregnancy. Otherwise it would mean that you shouldn`t eat carrots, apricots, paprika and many-many other products containing beta-carotene (pre- vit.A) ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
bethany wrote:
Diana P wrote:

hmm I thought as long as it is a natural product, you are safe to use it during pregnancy. Otherwise it would mean that you shouldn`t eat carrots, apricots, paprika and many-many other products containing beta-carotene (pre- vit.A) ?

This is directly quoted from babycenter"Some studies have shown that high doses of vitamin A during pregnancy can be harmful to an unborn child. And oral retinoids, such as isotretinoin (Accutane, an acne treatment), are known to cause birth defects.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
This is directly quoted from babycenter"Some studies have shown that high doses of vitamin A during pregnancy can be harmful to an unborn child. And oral retinoids, such as isotretinoin (Accutane, an acne treatment), are known to cause birth defects.

Avocado may be high in Vit A relative to other nutrients it contains, but it certainly isn't high when compared to retinol products or Retin A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

I've heard the same thing also and omega oil. To fade spots, I think your best option is Vitamin C serums.

As for Vitamin A. This is a really good exfoliate. It can make you more sensitive to sunlight and if it is very strong, it can dry out your skin. I don't like to think when I do get pregnant, not allowing to use vitamin A.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Diana P wrote:

I've heard the same thing also and omega oil. To fade spots, I think your best option is Vitamin C serums.

As for Vitamin A. This is a really good exfoliate. It can make you more sensitive to sunlight and if it is very strong, it can dry out your skin. I don't like to think when I do get pregnant, not allowing to use vitamin A.

I don't like that either but for the sake of the baby I am willing to give up, that's why now I am desperately searching for organic products that's safe for pregnanat women.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Gracedhy, Babycenter was talking about Vit A products from medication sources, not something from natural products like oil or food.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |