Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best cleanser?? May be with glycolic acid?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to decide what cleanser to purchase... I know a lot of people like Dr. H. Cleansing Cream. I am hesitant to try it because I tend to like foaming cleansers and typically don't feel "clean" after using creams or milks. I am late 30s with occasional breakouts but my skin would probably be described as more dry, not oily. I've heard something with glycolic acid is best for anti-aging? Any ideas or suggestions? I've also been considering Dermalogica Special Cleanser but I don't think it has the same anti-aging benefits? Thanks!!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
tiffany - I am about the same age as you, my skin is normal (slightly dry), and I like MD Formulations glycolic acid cleanser. It lasted me for 6-8 months when using it once daily, and gave me the feeling of a squeaky clean face. It has been a while since I used it now, but I will buy it again when I have used up my current cleanser.

The top dermatologist Leslie Baumann recommends a glycolic acid cleanser for dry, non-sensitive skin. It helps getting rid of dead skin cells on a daily basis, which will hopefully contribute to better penetration of the active ingredients in serums and creams.

This might not be the best cleanser for those with oily or sensitive skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the MD products that have 20 and 30% glycolic acid and I was not impressed at all I now use 3% Glycolic wash from Peter Thomas Roth and I would say it is 100% than any of them out there. The higher the percentages does not mean the better the product and if you have dry skin, you want to ease into the glycolic acid because it can dry your skin until it gets used to it. Peter Thomas Roth also has a higher percentage of glycolic acid serum, which I am gong to incorporate myself once I get the new RX that I am using now well adjusted into my routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
My friend recommend "Glycolix Elite 10% Moisturizing Cleanser".

Active Ingredient- Glycolic Acid 10% Also Contains- Lauryl Polyglucose, Purified Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycolic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Jan Marini's Bioglycolic Cleanser. I am also in my thirties. I have combo skin, but more on the dry side. My concerns when I first decided to use the cleanser were to relieve acne and also to address anti-aging. The cleanser has delivered on both. No more breakouts & my skin looks great.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
I LOVE Jan Marini's Bioglycolic Cleanser. I am also in my thirties. I have combo skin, but more on the dry side. My concerns when I first decided to use the cleanser were to relieve acne and also to address anti-aging. The cleanser has delivered on both. No more breakouts & my skin looks great.

i second that- love this stuff
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a cleanser that is lactic acid based, can anybody recommend one? Just doing a google search I found one cleanser that looked great, but it had 'cones in it, which I'm not too thrilled about. I kind of just want to make my own cleanser that is lactic acid and oat based. I'm such a novice in the arena of DIY skincare though = /
sunscreenfordays
5% products discount

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am 41 years old with dehydrated skin that can look like combination skin. I used to feel the need to use cleansers that left that squeaky skin feel. Try using a very warm damp cloth with a milk or cream cleanser to wipe the cleanser off. First, I press the cloth to my face and then wipe gently, but thoroughly. Sometimes, the cleanser residue will leave your skin feeling greasy. I found that once I used a very warm damp cloth helped tremendously in removing the cleanser and I think the warmth preps the skin for moisturizer or whatever.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Vivite' has a nice glycolic acid cleanser that doesn't strip the skin. Contains: 15% glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and exfoliating microbeads, so it is a physical/chemical exfoliator. The microbeads are very fine and gentle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tiffanyw16 nice to see you again! I saw your other post about silicones and I think you might also like the NaturDerm Triple Lavender Face Foam and it is on sale now too! I love it because it is a thick foam, cleanses and tones at once, smells incredible, lasts me for almost 6 months and doesn't leave my skin dry. Oh and it doesn't have any SLS or ALS. It also has pineapple papaya in it and I like the enzymes. I put the link up for you in your other post but in case you don't see it here it is again, I hope that is ok. http://www.greatnewskin.com/index2.html
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I never got good results with glycolic anything. It was too harsh for my skin - just make sure to start at a low concentration and work your way up.
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I've placed my order for Jan Marini Bioglycolic. The MD Forumlations doesn't ship to Canada?? So I am going to try the JM and see how I do. I'm worried about it being too drying but a lot of people seems to rave about it so....here it goes!! Thanks for all you input! Very Happy
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
tiffanyw16 wrote:
I've placed my order for Jan Marini Bioglycolic. The MD Forumlations doesn't ship to Canada?? So I am going to try the JM and see how I do. I'm worried about it being too drying but a lot of people seems to rave about it so....here it goes!! Thanks for all you input! Very Happy

Good for you! I am sure you are going to love it.
It is actually not drying at all. My skin feels more moisturized when I use it. I have had to cut back on it, instead of using it everyday I am using it 3x a week since my skin is very oily. But it totally smooths the texture of my skin.
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
tiffanyw16 wrote:

Good for you! I am sure you are going to love it.
It is actually not drying at all. My skin feels more moisturized when I use it. I have had to cut back on it, instead of using it everyday I am using it 3x a week since my skin is very oily. But it totally smooths the texture of my skin.

Thanks. Why couldn't you use it every day? What are you using on the off days (if you don't mind me asking Shock )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |