Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Poignant Story for Dog Lovers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
This was so moving and well written; when I came across it online this week, thought to share it with any dog lovers here on the forum.

Our Rescue Dog

"She is an ordinary dog. A leg at each of her four corners. An inquisitive nose, which she thrusts into everything - the more disgusting the pile, the better. Bright, button-brown eyes. Two feathered flops for ears. This is Muffin. A spaniel-collie cross- in other words, a bog-standard mongrel. I make no special claims for her. But her role in my life, and in that of my daughter and late husband, Tim, has been crucial. People who do not like animals will never understand her story of canine valour. Others will find it laughingly obvious. Nonetheless, it impresses me: the power of companionship, the pivotal support one small dog can provide. In life, in sickness - and after death. They should put Muffin and her ilk on the NHS: she's better than Prozac and a good deal cheaper.

She has been with us nearly nine years now, and it has not been an easy journey, for the dog or her human companions. But definitely worth it. In December 1999, I decided our family needed a pet. We had two goldfish but they were hardly interactive. Our daughter, Molly, was seven - and the initial thrill of the fishes' arrival had long since worn off. But as we started to face up to the reality of Tim's recently confirmed terminal cancer, we all needed a little joy and a bit of bounce in our lives. So I suggested a rescue dog..."

(Read the rest here)
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very touching article!!! I love dogs as well. Our family dog is such a precious little thing too. We have a beagle and he has such character, but we adore him always! The baying, howling, barking is music to our ears.

Dogs are great companions!!! Yay for dogs and pets!
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
What a great post Smile Very heart warming.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just falling apart here and need to share. I may have posted last January about my whippet boy Jackson and his blown right rear ACL - we had to have surgery done ($2000) and three months of carrying him to potty and blocked stairs and furniture. The rehab and recovery were brutal and I was so worried about his pain. He recovered pretty well and got he all clear in April.
Fast forward to today and he is out running with his sister when he lets out a terrible shreik and is once again limping only this time it's his left rear leg!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very rare injury in whippets as they are light in the back end so I'm desperately hoping it's something else.
I'm taking him to the vet in an hour and would appreciate any finger crossing you have to spare that this is just a sprain or something that will not require mega$$. My hubby did allude to a long sleep should this happen again and this little guy is my heart dog! I can't lose him. Sad
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Oh Dahli I will send hope and positive thoughts your way; you must be so upset and worried! I know it's so hard - beloved pets are a member of the family. Whippets are such trim, springy beautiful creatures. Maybe this time he stepped on a splinter or a little stone, or wrenched his hip a little turning too fast, or was stung by a bee. None of those sound like something to wish for, but I am, for you and for Jackson. Hang in there!!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I hope it turns out to be nothing serious this time. Poor boy, you must be so very worried.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys.... well it was bad news he completely tore the ligament and the meniscus was lost as well, during surgery (Wednesday) the doctor had to remove it.

He is now home in recovery with a very nasty incision which is terribly discoloured as he apparently bled a lot more 'this time'

I have learned in the last few days that there is a possible link between early neutering and this injury. I would definitely re-consider the neutering procedure at six months if I had to do it over again.... We are wondering if our other whippet Maxoom who died during a freak coursing accident had a similar injury at high speed which caused him to lose footing and fall which broke his neck. Sad I guess we'll never know. Perhaps it is worth looking into if anyone is considering early neutering of their animals.

Thanks for the good wishes - rehab is about three months and going into winter should be big fun. This is the last fifteen hundred bucks we can spend on this dog.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm very sorry to hear that his injury was so bad and hope he makes a good recovery. Poor boy, and poor you - it's so worrying when something like this happens.
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! I hope he recovers soon! Its just so sad when stuff like this happens. Dogs are so cute and loving. I wish him the best recovery.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |