Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you use eyecream? if so which one?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kissmark
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
In your experience do you think it's necessary to use a separate eyecream? Paula B always said that eyecreams are just ways for cosmetic companies to make more money and that the regular facial moisturizer is good enough to use used around the eyes. I always listened to this and never used any eyecreams. But recently I'm really noticing a lot of fine lines underneath my eyes and start to wonder maybe my regualr face cream really is just not enough. thanks for any help.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use eyecreams but sometimes use facial moisturizers when I am in a hurry. I didn't see much difference with eyecream but I did hear that the skin around eyes is more delicate so you need eyecream to protect it. I'll suggest you try an eyecream which is very hydrating to fight the fine lines. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Many regular facecreams are too heavy for the eye area, and can result in puffiness under the eyes, etc. They can also result in milia.

That said, I seldom use an eye cream...I usually just use my 302 topical instead. I did recently decide to try Relastin Eye Silk, and I'm giving that a shot at the moment (when I remember to use it).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use Juara's Sweet Black Tea Eye Cream. I have sensitive skin and I found a lot of eye creams made me eyes puffy and irritated. The Sweet Black Tea Eye cream isn't harsh or heavily scented. I actually noticed my crow's feet aren't as deep and a better rested look about the eyes. This result wasn't immediate, I'd say a few weeks to a month.
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use roc retinol correxion at night, and kiehls light eye cream+dermalogica total eye care spf15 in the morning. And I still have several other eye creams to finish... Neutral
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I think most serums can be used around the eyes, and I use vitamin C serum and Retin-A under my eyes and on brow bones. Heavy creams and oils should be avoided as it can weigh the thin under eye skin down. I just got Relastin Eye Silk, as it has been recommended by several dermatologists and might contribute to boost elastin production.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I am not a scientist, but from what i know -- The skin around eyes is thinnest and most delicate, it doesn't break out like the rest of the face (at least i never saw it), it doesn't produce as much oil (again, as i understand), and tends to age first. Therefore it needs special products designed for THIS kind of skin/issues. Face skin is generally thicker, less delicate, more oily, etc - thus other types of products.
If i had to save on the skin care products, it wouldn't be at the expense of the eye products, surely; i'd rather give up some body scrub and just use a brush or smth..
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
oops forgot to add -- i liked Guerlain eye creams and serums, Shiseido, Cellcosmet, Orlane. Really disliked Thalgo. Wasn't very impressed with Caudalie, Collistar.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
My experience with eye creams is that they're either
1. superfluous because your face cream is fine
2. made richer to nourish the thinner skin under around your eyes
3. are made with less irritating ingredients than face creams (i.e. fragrance, high spf).

so, I think it depends on what face cream you use, and if you use a eye care sunscreen (usually with antioxidants).

My personal favorite is Shiseido Future Solution, which advertises as a "eye & lip cream." Soft and plushy, virtually no fragrance, non irritating, slightly but not overly emollient. BIG bucks, but a little goes a long way!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use separate eye products, I just use what I use on the rest of my face.

Eye creams don't prevent wrinkles IMO, they may help mask them by adding extra moisture to plump up the skin. To prevent wrinkles you need to use SS and antioxidants.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kissmark wrote:
In your experience do you think it's necessary to use a separate eyecream? Paula B always said that eyecreams are just ways for cosmetic companies to make more money and that the regular facial moisturizer is good enough to use used around the eyes. I always listened to this and never used any eyecreams. But recently I'm really noticing a lot of fine lines underneath my eyes and start to wonder maybe my regular face cream really is just not enough. thanks for any help.

Paula might be right, but I love treating myself and having that extra step. I purchase an expensive one from Cellcosmet.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vivite' glycolic eye cream in the daytime.
I heard retinoids (I use Green Cream L3) can thin the skin, so I use glycolic + NIA24 to thicken it. That and FlexEffect massage seem to be firming and thickening the undereye skin better. I can feel with my fingers that the skin is firmer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kissmark wrote:
In your experience do you think it's necessary to use a separate eyecream? Paula B always said that eyecreams are just ways for cosmetic companies to make more money and that the regular facial moisturizer is good enough to use used around the eyes. I always listened to this and never used any eyecreams. But recently I'm really noticing a lot of fine lines underneath my eyes and start to wonder maybe my regualr face cream really is just not enough. thanks for any help.
If you use her AHA around the eye area along with a bit of moisturizer to keep things moist, this will appear to make your eye area smoother. Remember though even eye creams won't make your fine lines and wrinkles go away.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr. Hauscha or Suki as my skin is so dry under my eyes that I need something very emollient.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I guess my skin around eyes is too fragile. every time when I use something oily, it comes to milia. So I always use eye gels.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite is Phytomer Lift Contour Eye Emulsion
violetta
5% products discount

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone try an eyecream called EyeBelieve from Aris' Home Spa? I've heard it's meant to be excellent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I normally use an eye cream, but if I happen to run out of an eye cream (which is really rare) I do use my moisturizer around my eyes as long as it doesn't contain strong actives. For something like Creme de la Mer, I don't see why you can't use it around your eyes as well. At least I do without any problems when I travel so I don't have to pack to many jars of potions. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
The question, I guess is this: are eye creams just another way for manufacturers to sell products, or do women really need them?

First, the skin around the eyes is different from the facial skin because (1) it’s thinner, (2) has a very different underlying structure than facial skin (more of a fatty deposit versus underlying muscle and tissue), (3) is more inclined to be reactive (swelling, puffiness), (4) has traditionally been protected from environmental damage (sunglasses, which protect the under-eye area, are the first thing you put on when you go outside), and (5) is proximate to the eye, which of course if very sensitive to contaminants. So the under-eye skin should be treated differently.

That being said, not all of the periorbital area is equally sensitive or delicate. The “crow’s feet” area is nowhere near as sensitive, and it’s one of the first areas to show damage.

Second, eye products should be developed differently from facial products. High concentrations of retinoids, AHAs, BHAs and PHAs should be kept away from the eye as the majority of consumers cannot tolerate the activity. So responsible manufacturers of eye creams have lower concentrations of some active ingredients, and more newer technologies (peptides, enzymatic derivatives, extracts) which can offer benefit without simply being a moisturizer which plumps the skin. Science and research is now allowing us to harness the skin’s own innate ability to repair itself in a manner inconceivable in years past. You also want to avoid products that may “creep”--i.e. you put something close to your eye and five minutes later it feels like you’ve rubbed it in your eye.

Third, the eyes are one of the first signs to show aging. They have all kinds of problems (crow’s feet, loss of elasticity, puffiness, dark circles). They need advanced repair. So you need a good eye cream.

If you’re going to use eye cream, look for one that works on three levels —the past (improves firmness and epidermal thickness), the present (immediately reduces fine lines and wrinkles) and the future (boosts collagen and protects against free radicals).

Justin Morgan
VP – Development
ZO Skin Health Inc.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I used PSF phyto-lift cranberry eye gel.

It didnt really reduce my dark circles nor pump up my wrinkles. but it definitely did 'lift' the appearance of my eyes.
Alicia
5% products discount

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
i use glycel

i used la prairie before but the results seem not very evident; sisley also
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Dr. Hauschka Eye Contour Balm and I use a lot Wink. So the lines a all covered and I don't have to see them Laughing. It really smoothes, but most people won't like the shine... But one can use a little as well. It's very rich.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
violetta wrote:
Did anyone try an eyecream called EyeBelieve from Aris' Home Spa? I've heard it's meant to be excellent.
i've heard that as well. from nanci, (ncn) on her site she raves about it, but i haven't seen anyone else post about it or make similar remarks. has anyone used this product? i'm very interested in hearing about it and your experience w/ it. TIA!
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:22 am      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
If you’re going to use eye cream, look for one that works on three levels —the past (improves firmness and epidermal thickness), the present (immediately reduces fine lines and wrinkles) and the future (boosts collagen and protects against free radicals).

Justin Morgan
VP – Development
ZO Skin Health Inc.

hi FYIguy,
i'm a BIG obagi fan and faithful user. [if you saw my facial, neck and decollete skin you'd know why Smile ]

which eye cream product meet these criteria? elastiderm or the new eye cream product from the ZO line?
TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I used the Eyebelieve, pinklyfe. I did not find that it did anything and it really burned my skin (and I don't have sensitive skin!)
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |