Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The very BEST sonic toothbrush you have used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking to get a sonic toothbrush and I'm overwhelmed by the number of not just companies, but different models each company makes. I have a uk. us transformer so can shop the states.

any recommendations?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
My girlfriend who is absolutely obsessed with her teeth, bought a Philips Sonicare brush a few weeks ago and has been raving about it ever since. She's very prone to plaque build-up and claims this brush makes her teeth feel like she's just been to the dentist. She usually goes to the dentist for scaling every 3 months and now thinks she can reduce these visits to once every 6 months.

HTH GG Smile
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
My husband and i have been happy with Braun - we change/update models every 6-9 mos. or so
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
My girlfriend who is absolutely obsessed with her teeth, bought a Philips Sonicare brush a few weeks ago and has been raving about it ever since. She's very prone to plaque build-up and claims this brush makes her teeth feel like she's just been to the dentist. She usually goes to the dentist for scaling every 3 months and now thinks she can reduce these visits to once every 6 months.

HTH GG Smile

Cheers anya! do you know which model it is? There are so many!

Natalia, when you say you change /update, do you mean you buy a whole new one? Some of them are like £150 each!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
My husband and I are clean teeth goofballs so we use a Sonicare in the evening and a Braun in the morning or visa versa...they both seem to have different cleaning capabilities:-)
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Cheers anya! do you know which model it is? There are so many!

I'll be talking to her later GG and get back to you on the model. I presume you're looking for a pulsating brush, rather than just a regular electric toothbrush Confused
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the UK too. I use an Ultrasonex phaser toothbrush, currently on my second one! Boots often do them on special offer at half price.

My dentist uses the same one. They make my teeth incredibly white and smooth.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
GG I checked with her and she's got the "Elite" model. BTW, it was recommended to her by a dentist.

HTH
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm prone to buildup as well and I have the sonicare flexcare RS980, supposedly the flexcare models are the new and improved brushes. I think that you can only buy this particular model through your dentist, but it is a pretty intense toothbrush, it does make me feels as though I've just had my teeth professionally cleaned. I still do use a manual toothbrush in the mornings though, I almost feel as though it is too intense to use twice a day.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sonicare elite. I'm on my 3rd one. DH & I have been using sonicare for about 10 years. I really like how clean it gets my teeth.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all.

I've seen the ultrasonix in Boots I think and some sonicare ones as well, I'll check out if it's the one you mentioned, Coconut and then probably do 'one potato, two potato' to make the decision.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Ultreo yet.

It has received some great reviews, but my sister found it to be more irritating to her gums than her Braun. Some of the reviews on Amazon also indicate some issues.

Home page:
http://www.ultreo.com/web/home/learn-about-ultreo/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultreo-RETAIL-1-B-Ultrasound-Toothbrush/dp/B000V4O1UA

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
phillips sonicare is my favorite!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Philips Sonicare. I just looked on it and don't see which model number it is, but it was right in the $100 range. I think the replacement brush heads are about $40 which at first I thought was expensive, but then read that you only have to change the heads about every 6 months because you don't have to apply much pressure, just rest the brush on your teeth. I didn't think it was possible to clean my teeth without pressure but it really works! I love my sonicare. Soooo much better than the Braun electric toothbrush I had before. The only thing I don't like about it is that although it has a 2 mins timer, instead of just pausing for a couple seconds like the Braun, it shuts right off and I have to keep restarting it. Not sure if all models are like that thought.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I teach Preventive Dentistry = for what that's worth in a college and have access to all types of power brushes and my favorite is Philips Sonicare. Just got the newest model with the UV light to disinfect the brushes. We get all types of freebies but over 10 years this is the fav for me. Great technology. Braun a close second....

cheers - Sis
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Just got the newest model with the UV light to disinfect the brushes.

How does that work? Is it part of the brush or part of the charger? I just saw an ad yesterday for a small UV light that you can carry around and shine on door handles in public places, etc to kill viruses and bacteria and thought that was very cool. Have never heard of it on a toothbrush. Geez, I've only had my sonicare a few months and now I want the better one. Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
It's the newest model - the students and I all got free ones and it comes with a little "closet" that has a uv light and you put the brush (smaller now than the older models) on a holder, close the door and turn on the light. It kills the bacteria. Very cool.
Better than using the dishwasher too Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |