Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
At-home microdermabrasion machine with suction?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I tried a professional microdermabrasion session to get rid of acne and scarring and just loved the result!

When I tired any of the at-home products, they always caused breakouts, but this did not happen with the professional treatment (mind you, I did go home and put some anti-breakout lotion and did not wear makeup for 24 hours).

I’m desperately looking for a similar treatment at home. I just can’t afford to pay $800 per year to maintain the results. I am also convinced the suction makes all the difference in the results.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Morphy
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Okay...Well...I have been using Dermawand and it works for me (BLEMISHES,HYPERPIGMENTED AREAS)...You can use it daily will get rid of ur acne in about a month ...I can swear by it ....although results are different in different people but it has help so many people give it a try its under 100 dollars from HSN.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Morphy wrote:

I am also convinced the suction makes all the difference in the results.

I remember reading a study that mentioned that the suction actually stimulated collagen growth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
The suction that you get with professional microderm is one of the biggest differences vs home kits. Most of the at home kits are just super nice but effective scrubs. I don't think I've seen any at home machines that include the suction also.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Timepeel microdermabrasion machine that I got from Nanci at NCN and can confirm that it has suction.

I hadn't used it for awhile as I've been "rolling" and using manual exfoliants; so I got it out today and WOW I couldn't believe how much dead skin I removed Shock The filter pad was covered and there were tons of flakes all over my face!

You can check it out here:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/all/home-microdermabrasion-machine.html
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anya,

I noticed this is a diamond microderm machine.

How does that differ from a traditional particle-based machine? Also, how would you compare it to professional treatments?

Thanks!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Morphy,
I'd say the diamond head is less abrasive on the skin than particle based machines. Its been ages since I had a professional treatment, but in all honesty, I think the Timepeel does just as good a job. You need to pass it over the same area of the skin several times to get a good result. Overall I'm happy with it and its more than paid for itself already!
You can try it for 90 days I believe, and if you don't like it you can send it back Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Anya, this looks interesting. Can you describe how you use this?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, it has 3 intensity levels. I use "low" around the eye area, skip "medium" altogether, and use "high" for the rest of my face, neck and decolte. I use it after I've cleansed and holding the skin taut, go over each area several times until it turns pink. That's how I know I'm getting down to new skin!
The diamond head is removable and it comes with tiny little 'felt like' disposable filters. The entire treatment only takes me about 10 mins max. After the treatment I apply Nanci's Cell Renewal Toner.

Hope that helps, and if you need to know anything else, just ask Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, anya. Does this hurt/sting at all?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
No, the pain factor is zero Laughing Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok. Thanks again, anya!
BuckeyeBabe38
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I am regularly seeing a spa for a monthly microderm, which is costing me about $125 a month or so.. You think that the Timepeel is a good comparison for at home use then?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
BuckeyeBabe38 wrote:
I am regularly seeing a spa for a monthly microderm, which is costing me about $125 a month or so.. You think that the Timepeel is a good comparison for at home use then?

IMO the TimePeel would be comparable, especially if you go over the same area several times to ensure that all the dead skin cells are removed.
I only use mine about once a month as I don't want to overdo it.

HTH!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
BuckeyeBabe38 wrote:

IMO the TimePeel would be comparable, especially if you go over the same area several times to ensure that all the dead skin cells are removed.
I only use mine about once a month as I don't want to overdo it.

HTH!

I am looking into getting one, and I am not sure which brand to get. If I do get one, I would not use it as frequently on my face, but on my body, I would use it more often.
This post is old, and I'm hoping someone can update and share if they still like TimePeel?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
hi Skincare, I have just got a timepeel, used it once today. Like Anya I drew the wand over my skin until it went a tiny bit pink. Then used the toner that comes with it, then NCN cp accelerator , then emu oil.
After immediate use my face looked slightly dusty almost, the filter did have removed flakes on it. my skin does feel smoother, the left side of my face looks great ,the right side (always not so good) not sure about. My face stings a bit but my skin is sensitive.I think its too early to say or see any major changes but I am definitely keeping it, might just beat lacsal cream for exfoliating! I think once a week is good start, dont want to overdo it. Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
There's the personal microdermabrasion machine from skincarerx.com

It has received some pretty good reviews from its users
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad that someone got back. I wanted to read some more reviews.

I should skincarerx.com also.

Thank you!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
No problem! But just so you know, skincarerx had their BBB revoked due to very poor customer service. I did notice some attitude with their rep, but all was delivered on time, so I guess it really varies from person to person.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I really can't decide if I do get one, which brand to get.
Which one would be more costly to buy more crystals? If the crystals cost more, does it mean it is better quality?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I am doing some researching today and comparing NuBrilliance to Crystalift. Both have suction.

I think NuBrilliance is less messy and maybe cheaper on the refills.
Timepeel is the same idea, but I can't seem to find one sold in Canada.

What do you think?
skincareaddict2011

Wed May 04, 2011 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Morphy,

You can purchase for about $600 a very powerful Diamond Microdermabrasion machine that you will be able to use at home anytime!
YOu can message me and i will tell you where I bought mine. I do not want to disrespect this forum. By posting Website link in case it is not allowed.
cinja

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I had a laser resurfacing a little over 4 years ago. I love it and my only complaint is the hypo pigmentation(loss of color) under my chin makes my hyper pigmentation look so much darker(on my neckline). It has bothered me these past years. I have been using lightening creams and really protecting my face and neck from the sun but since I have been exfoliating at night and using my at home microdermabrasion machine(Nu Brilliance), have I noticed a REAL difference. Not only are my pores almost disappearing, but my color is definitely evening out. Don't be afraid of a little burn either, girls. I had been burned beyond belief for the laser resurfacing(temporary and really, if handled correctly, a part of the resurfacing process), and believe me, no little dermabrasion machine can scare me after that severe resurfacing. My face had lost all the top layer and I had to keep the burns moist and dipped it into ice water every few hours. I looked like a monster for a couple of weeks. So....if you do burn a bit with Nu Brilliance, use mycitracin or bacitracin generously and LEAVE it on until the skin heals. Wear hats and keep a high numbered spf on when outside...after showing new skin. It is dangerous and undermining to expose new skin to the sun. If you plan on doing that, don't exfoliate. No namby pamby 15 spf will do but something close to 100. Neutrogena is wonderful.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I almost purchased the NuBrilliance system after watching the demo on ShopNBC, then I went onto the ShopNBC website and read the reviews and decided not to.

Instead I purchased the PMD Micro Derm System, also sold on ShopNBC...it was rated 5 stars and there were 3 pages of feedback. I love this little device! There is definitely a pretty strong suction, then the grinding disc really does a great job of exfoliating. I didn't expect to see any little flakes since I do peels and scrubs often, in addition to using Renova, but there were some flakes and my skin was left pretty pink for about 15 minutes...treated my face, throat, and upper chest area.

If you want to check this item out, go onto the ShopNBC website and do a search on item number C400298.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just got NuBrilliance and if that machine break down, I think I would get TimePeel or Diamond Microdermabrasion. I am happy with the one I have and I have no issues with it. I think overall, any microdermabrasion machine with suction does us all good for our skin. Very Happy This is not the only device I use. I have Clarisonic and I want to buy Dermawand. I find that everything works well together and you really can't go wrong.

I am so happy that I got one and I see improvements on already overall good skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |