Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Applying Vit C serums...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
How is it possible to spread the recommended 4 drops of Skinceuticals C+E ferulic or AOX10 evenly over the face? I have been tapping my fingers with the serum over my face - is that the best way?
I know I need to wait 15 minutes before applying any other products, but do I need to wait after washing my face before applying the C serum?
Thanks for any advice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Ideally, you should wait 15 minutes from washing your face until applying vitamin C serum in order to achieve the right pH-level to your skin.

I need more than four drops of serum on my face and neck, maybe six or seven. I apply the serum directly on my face with the dropper, as I find it a waste to place the drops on my finger tips before applying.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I also apply more. It's around 8 drops. Agree you should wait abt 15 mins for your skin to reach the correct pH, unless you have a pH balanced cleanser or toner.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I use 4-5 drops of the C, E, Ferulic and it works fine for me. I apply the drops into my palm, then with the other hand I dip into the serum and start spreading it around my face. I am able to spread it all around and rub it in with no problem.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your good advice everyone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I use a hyaluronic acid serum from Christine Niklas (skinenergy: INCI: Aqua, Borrago officinalis, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Alcohol, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ubiquinone, Carthamus Tinctorius, Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Parfum) and add a little Janson Beckett Vitamin C&C Facial Serum. This i do three or four times a week and my skin loves it. Gives a nice glow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I am using Obagi C Clarifying Serum. I find it easiest to apply directly onto my face from the dropper. I apply it one section at a time (forehead, cheek, cheek....) and then rub it in. I'm not sure how much I end up using...my dropper has never worked properly!!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I've had no problem applying thin serums with "slip" like Vivier and Cellularskin-rx over my face, even though I only use a couple of drops. Perhaps it's all about the consistency of the serums--I couldn't apply those directly from the dropper to the face or they'd drip right off.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I use 4-5 drops of the C, E, Ferulic and it works fine for me. I apply the drops into my palm, then with the other hand I dip into the serum and start spreading it around my face. I am able to spread it all around and rub it in with no problem.

I do likewise with my homemade serum, and 5 drops is enough for my face, neck + decollete'.. For C serums, more does NOT equal better.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto for me, Kassy. I can get my neck and chest with those few drops, as well!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks you guys!

On the same topic, vit C serums....I emailed Skinceuticals re: C serums darkening and losing potency. The response was that, "Some vitamin C serums are clear to amber-colored. As long as the serum is not blood-colored it is still potent and safe to use."

I don't think I'd use it if it even got CLOSE to that discolored! What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't use it if it got close to blood-colored either! Laughing I am of the opinion that once it starts to turn color, it is not good anymore, but that is just me.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I wouldn't use it if it got close to blood-colored either! Laughing I am of the opinion that once it starts to turn color, it is not good anymore, but that is just me.

me too. I wouldn`t use a serum if it got even amber-colored after being colorless before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I also apply more. It's around 8 drops. Agree you should wait abt 15 mins for your skin to reach the correct pH, unless you have a pH balanced cleanser or toner.

I`ve heard that you should wait between cleansing and vit.C even if your cleanser is pH balanced, so that your skin is perfectly dry, otherwise vit.C might oxidize on wet skin and that is not what you want.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
l5 minutes after washing your face and then another 15 before you apply any additional products after vitamin C. Jeepers this could take all morning and time I don't have. Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

me too. I wouldn`t use a serum if it got even amber-colored after being colorless before.

me three!

The fact of the matter is this, once vitamin C (LAA) serum is opened and exposed to air, it begins to oxidize and lose strength. The longer you have it, the weaker and more oxidized it becomes. Once it becomes any shade of amber it will do more harm than good, and it's best to pitch it out.

It's in the best interest of the company, selling vitamin C serum at over $100. an ounce, to have you believe that C serum that is anything other than 'blood' colored is just dandy to put on your face... Puh..leeeeze. I would also be suspect about purchasing your C serum from anyplace that intentionally has it yellow from the get go... Shame on you Liar, liar, pants on fire.. Liar

Aiva also has it right about not applying the vitamin C till your skin is thoroughly dry.

Wasn't life so much easier before we all found EDS... Rolling Eyes ... sigh!
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
You needn't to wait after cleansing your face. You can use vitamin c serum while your face is wet.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Wasn't life so much easier before we all found EDS... Rolling Eyes ... sigh!

Oh YES! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I wonder - if C&E Ferulic claims to provide 8-times more sun protection - is it still necessary to use a sunscreen in autumn or winter with no sun while using C&E?
what do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I would think it would be necessary to continue sunscreen with the C, E, Ferulic. I believe using the C, E, F gives you more protection than just sunscreen alone.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
How much sun is no sun? The Arctic Circle might qualify, but most places, probably not. I use sunscreen and Vitamin C all year round--though I admit that in the winter I don't worry at all about reapplication!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
How much sun is no sun? The Arctic Circle might qualify, but most places, probably not. I use sunscreen and Vitamin C all year round--though I admit that in the winter I don't worry at all about reapplication!

will Germany also qualify along with Artic Circle? Laughing
it`s only September and I`m starting to get my usual autumn depression Shock
thank you for answering, flitcraft and rileygirl, I`ll continue with a sunscreen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
do you ladies see any visible difference while using C&E Ferulic? should it give you that vit.C glow?
I`m using it for about a week now, where is my glow??? Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva, for me skinceuticals C, E, F was the only C every to give me a glow! I tried many in the past and I never got the glow. I think topical C's are really trial and error. What particular formula works for one, doesn't work for another. I think it actually took a few weeks for me to get the glow from it. For myself, anyway, the longer I used it, the better my skin looked up until around the 3 month mark (after 3 months I really did not notice any more change).
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Aiva, for me skinceuticals C, E, F was the only C every to give me a glow! I tried many in the past and I never got the glow. I think topical C's are really trial and error. What particular formula works for one, doesn't work for another. I think it actually took a few weeks for me to get the glow from it. For myself, anyway, the longer I used it, the better my skin looked up until around the 3 month mark (after 3 months I really did not notice any more change).

thank you rileygirl Smile
so this glow means that vit.C is working?
if say I will never get the glow, will it mean it does not work for me?
I do not mind in fact not having the glow as long as vit.C is doing its job, but surely glow would be nice.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |