Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
? about OSMOSIS SKINCARE (facial infusion) PEEL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
earth_angel

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I want to ask anyone whom has had an Osmosis peel this question - Where you orange for awhile after the peel????
I left the peel on for 6 hours (as stated by the company) and after I washed my face (which I did so 4x!!!) my face was (still is)orange.
I am hoping it will dissipate soon, but wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience...

Thank you.
havana8

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
hi earth_angel, sorry to hear about the orangeness! I am surprised you were able to to even buy the Facial Infusion Peel for home care as I was told that it was for professional/in salon use only. Is it available to the public now? Are you able to contact whoever sold it to you for assistance?

p.s. does Renew leave an orange tinge on your skin?
earth_angel

Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Havana8!

Actually, I am a licensed aesthetician, and that is how i was able to order it. I am very experienced in giving peels..., but this one is new to me. I have used all of the other products and love them all... I do not use this line where I work, so I have a personal account w/them. I just tried this peel yesterday and I am still orange. Again, very different. I know of blue peels... where the client is blue for several days... I am hoping that I will not be orange for several days... Shock
earth_angel

Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
almost forgot, renew does leave a slight orange color to my face, so I will only use it at night. That washes right off though...
havana8

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Some of the products used to leave a colour deposit on my skin too so I can imagine how bright the orange from the peel must be! Not the kind of colour you want to be when you are walking around out there. Embarassed Bad Grin

It's all very vague Laughing but I think I remember reading something on the old Osmosis site about the colour perhaps lasting for a few days but of course I can't find that link now... All I could find was this:

http://www.lneonline.com/step_by_step/archive/?200804

It doesn't mention the lingering orangeness but she sure looks orange to me in the Step 12 picture although it's not clear if she is wearing the mask home.

What about asking another aesthetician? I remember talking to JoElla of JoElla Milan Skin Care about the peel a while back (http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/index.html) so I am assuming she might know more about the peel and its aftermath or even have first-hand experience with it since she uses the line in her spa. She's always been very helpful.

I hope you let us know how it all works out for you. I have to admit I have been curious about the peel.

p.s. welcome to EDS wave
dieselpuma

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i was going to go get the osmosis facial infusion later on this month, and i wanted to know your experience with it. did it leave your face orange for a long time? how about peeling? how long did you peel for?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
this is the first time iv heard about a product such as peel being left on for 6 hours!! Shock

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
This professional peel is meant to stay on the skin overnight or for 6 hours as it is acid free. The peeling agent is retinaldehyde which, like any retinol product, can be left on the skin. The peel does turn the skin orange - and it lasts a little while. For me personally, it lasted about 24-36 hours and lightened up a bit with every cleanse. I would explain to potential clients that this is a temporary effect and not to worry about it (they will want to schedule accordingly though.)

I actually got a nice peel from it because I wasnt using any acid exfoliants for about 2 weeks prior. Hope this helps!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |