Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
General body (skin) care for men entering 30's
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alesgc

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I know this question may sound foolish, and may have a very long answer but I think this may be the right place to ask. I don't expect a long "how to" manual, just perhaps a quick "checklist" of what to take care of.

Ok, so I spent the last few years working hard and no worries at all about skin care. The problem is that I've started to see men older than me in very bad conditions and some other in much better shape. Besides the fact of how they handle their life (not sleeping, alcohol, sun exposition and so) I'm pretty sure there are things you should and can do before you have any problems (besides a healthy life), but I don't know where to start.

Perhaps moisturizing? Is the same everywhere in the body? Something different for the face or some specific parts of the body I guess?

I've seen the lower part of the eyes tend to become darker, even in well-sleeping people, is that normal?

Use any soap? Any shampoo?

Sorry but yes, I'm kind of lost in this topic...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.
I have some suggestions for a "low maintenance" regimen to keep signs of aging away as long as possible.

* You mentioned a healthy life. Exercising and a healthy diet with lots of vegetables and a low sugar intake will show on your skin. Two diet supplements that will give your skin a glow and moisturize from within (as well as other health benefits): Omega 3 oil and Green Food (powdered barley grass, spirulina, wheat grass etc.)

* Facial skin care:
Use a facial cleanser every night, f. ex one with glycolic acid, wait 15 minutes, and then apply a good retinol cream or a prescription strength Retin-A. Retinoid creams are the only topicals that are actually proven to improve collagen production and erase fine lines. This is a very good investment in skin health. If your under eye skin tolerates retinoids, you can use it there, as well. Otherwise, you can choose an eye cream with a lower dose of retinoid. Apply the cream on your neck as well! The early signs of aging often show up around the eyes and neck.

In the morning, I would suggest a light cleanse, and then apply a good sunscreen (preferably a moisturizing sun cream, so that you won't need a separate moisturizer) every morning all year round. This is your best investment to avoid sun damage like wrinkles and brown spots. You may use a vitamin C serum under your sunscreen if you want to be more high maintenance.

* Body care:
If you use a soap that you like and that does not dry out your skin, that's fine. Liquid shower gels and cleansing shower oils are often less drying than solid soaps. You won't necessarily need a body lotion if your skin isn't too dry, IMO.

HTH. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
well the absolute minimum (at least, even my husband accepts it Confused ) is a body wash and shampoo which don't dry out the skin/hair. In winter i even manage to convince him to put some moisturizer on the face and hands. And of course, sunscreen in summer if you spend enough time outside.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
A super low maintenance routine:

Diet, exerise- goes without saying.

Sunscreen: is necessary, and the most important. I believe physical sunscreen is the best choice. My sunscreen of choice is Devita for body. I have lots of reviews of it floating around, and it's inexpensive and of course it doubles as a day moisturizer. You don't need anything else in the day. But it's not waterproof so for anything in summer that involves water and/or sweat you have to get a more waterproof one. Devita's perfect for the rest of the year.

Body: I don't think body moisturization is necessary. Use one of the natural soaps from best bath store. If acne is an issue (I don't know if it is) then the acne gel from best bath store is great, and it's inexpensive.

Eye: I love the caffeine eye cream from 100% pure, and it does help a little with under eye circles. It's not expensive, but it smells really sweet when you first apply it- I don't know if it's too girly for a guy but it's a great product. The body creams from 100% pure are also good and good value, and you can use them on the face too. Again, they'll smell fruity so pick a smell that you'll be ok with.

Shampoo: unless you're trying to grow your hair long I don't think it matters.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |