Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Newbie here with some questions about OCM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Miffins

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I found this site doing a google search and you all seemed like a friendly and very knowledgeable bunch. Mind if I run a few questions by you?

First some background on my skin: I am 21 and have sensitive skin. My T-Zone tends to be oiler and I have a large problem with clogged pores on my nose and forehead. If I squeeze one, (which I know you are not supposed to do, but sometime I can't help it), a bit of firm white stuff comes out. Then the area gets raise, red and inflamed and takes forever to heal. My cheeks are always a varying shade of red and on the dry side. No problems with patchiness/flaking/scaly etc. No problems with texture unless I use the wrong product.

Also, my skins seems to do better when I leave it alone for a couple of days, but then all the accumulated dirt and such go to town on my pores.

My research has led me to believe that OCM may be right for me. I mixed ground almond, evening primrose oil and raw honey and tried it today in the shower. My face felt great. I followed that with an ACV, green tea, green tea with lemon, and peppermint tea mixture. Again, felt wonderful.

From what I've read, the best base oils for me to use would be: Evening Primrose, Avocado, Camellia and Apricot. Does anyone recommend one or two of those over the others based on what I said about my skin? Is there another I left of the list you feel would be better? Why?

As far as essential oils go, I was thinking Rosemary and Chamomile. No? Yes? Others?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. If I missed a thread that answers these questions, please point me in the right direction. Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Smile

I'm definitely not an expert on OCM and I don't even do it. I'm not too familiar with evening primrose oil, so I can't comment on that, but I'm assuming it's a carrier oil. Your routine of ground almonds, oil and honey sounds really good! There's elements of OCM, Dr. Hauscka cleansing creme with the almonds, and of course my favorite, honey. What proportions of honey, almonds, and oil did you use?

I make my own facial cleanser that has a lot of honey in it. I use cetearyl alcohol to thicken it and I also just throw everything in there. Right now it has aloe vera, vitamin E, green tea extract, msm, lemon and a little of the 100% pure shower gel. I'm coming to the conclusion that detergents/surfectants in cleansing are bad. Right now there's a minimal amount, in the future I'll try not to have any. (I won't add the 100% pure shower gel next time, which has coco betaine)

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I just shaved two almonds into slivers with a knife, and then rubbed them into more of a power. Then I cut open about 7 capsules of Evening Primrose Oil, then added maybe 1/2 tsp of honey. It didn't make too much, but enough to clean my face very well. I rubbed it on gently for a few minutes, let if sit for about one minute then rinsed it off with a washcloth.

The GNC near me sells a mixture of Evening Primrose Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Oil and Jojoba Oil. I may try using that along with ground almond meal and honey.

I have tried using just raw honey, but it was ineffective by itself for me.

Thanks for the reply, Nimue. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
The "traditional" recipe for OCM is 50/50 Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Castor Oil. Castor oil is supposed to draw impurities out of the skin. However, many people substitute Jojoba and/or other oils of their choice. Whatever oils you choose just be sure to wash them off thoroughly with lots of clean water.

I've been using OCM for about two years now and it really has done wonders for my clogged pores and blackheads.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |