Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What products does an esthetician use 4 Deep Pore Cleanse?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I go to a fabulous esthetician once every 2 weeks for a "Deep Pore Cleanse." She steams my face, puts on some type of product that she says allow her to squeeze the "junk" out of the oil plugs/ clogged pores. She uses a magnifying glass thing, rubber gloves and Q-tips for extractions. I would love to go every week to get the deep pore cleansing (I need it!) but its so expensive! I'd love an at-home version or be able to do it myself without causes damage to my skin!

I read a little about OCM on these forums but was wondering if any1 knew exactly what product or something similar that an esthetician uses to unclog the pores? Any tips would be great! I seem to struggle with small uninflammed bumps & whiteheads (plus lots of blackheads on the nose).
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and used to get blackheads but use two things that I know have made a difference for me - 1. a Clarisonic but only twice a week and 2. Karin Herzog Professional Cleanser. It is honestly a miracle product. I love it.
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I did use the Clarisonic for a while but my skin is so sensitive, it just made everything too dry. I'll definitely look in to the cleanser that you mentioned though. Thanks!
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, Clarisonic really did nothing for me either. There is something else similar from L'Oreal that works really well though, I'll post the name when it comes to me.
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
thanks!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
I go to a fabulous esthetician once every 2 weeks for a "Deep Pore Cleanse." She steams my face, puts on some type of product that she says allow her to squeeze the "junk" out of the oil plugs/ clogged pores. She uses a magnifying glass thing, rubber gloves and Q-tips for extractions. I would love to go every week to get the deep pore cleansing (I need it!) but its so expensive! I'd love an at-home version or be able to do it myself without causes damage to my skin!

I read a little about OCM on these forums but was wondering if any1 knew exactly what product or something similar that an esthetician uses to unclog the pores? Any tips would be great! I seem to struggle with small uninflammed bumps & whiteheads (plus lots of blackheads on the nose).

I think if you steam your face very often, your pore will get larger and it tends to clog even more.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Gracedhy,

you are so right!

In Russia they would not do a facial more then once a month. Masks and correct skin care in between. Not even every skin can be steamed.

KH Cleansing Cream is fantastic. Clarisonic has a head for sensitive skin. Also you may need exfoliating products - something with salicylic acid may be - like Exfol left overnight with occasional Vivant Mandelic Acid. Also, a scrub like Epidermex may be good, also.

I do not have that problem now, so may be someone who does can share what had worked for them.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
o.O I didn't even think about that - that steaming too often or getting a DPC too often could make things worse. Thanks for the tip! I did try the clarisonic with the sensitve head and still, it just didn't give me good results. I think it just spread all the bacteria and junk around to other parts of my face.

I think I will definitely purchase the KH Cleansing cream as I am just using a generic aveeno cleanser now.

I've had great luck with the IS Clinical line (expensive o.O but worth it). I use the pro-heal serum in the morning and active serum in the evening. I use the IS Clinical Moisturizing Complex as well and it is hands down the BEST moisturizer I have ever used. I still have some facial problems w/ whiteheads/ blackheads though. I use only Jane Iredale mineral makeup as well so it doesn't clog my pores (bare minerals dried my skin out too much!)

I just ordered a PSF Cloth from EDS so hopefully that will help things. I also ordered cold pressed EVOO and cold pressed castor oil so I can try doing the OCM method a few times a week. Maybe it will help too.

With the IS Clincal products I am using now, I am not sure what else or if I should add in other products like you mentioned, with salicylic acid etc. I just don't want to over do it.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
With IS Clinical I do not think you need it, since one of the products you mentioned already contains AHA/BHA. So you should be OK.

The cloth is also an excellent idea, so give it a try. You should be careful using either Clarisonic or the cloth if you have bad inflammation (just avoid this area) to avoid spreading the problem.

I also like Emu Oil for night - it calms my skin down and is very healing (Ultra Emu). Aside from that - may be a mask.

You seem to be on a good program.

Let us know how things are.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Gracedhy,

you are so right!

In Russia they would not do a facial more then once a month. Masks and correct skin care in between. Not even every skin can be steamed.

KH Cleansing Cream is fantastic. Clarisonic has a head for sensitive skin. Also you may need exfoliating products - something with salicylic acid may be - like Exfol left overnight with occasional Vivant Mandelic Acid. Also, a scrub like Epidermex may be good, also.

I do not have that problem now, so may be someone who does can share what had worked for them.

Good luck!

my esthetician told me that, I thought they already stopped the old technique of steaming for a long while.
I do facial between every 3 weeks, more for the massage than deep cleaning.
I got give KH a try...read quite a few posts about this product today!
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is definitely news to me!! So steaming your face is BAD? or just steaming too often is too bad? Her procedure for the DPC (deep pore cleanse) is:

-wash my face
-steam for a few minutes w/ the facial steam machine
-applies some type of seaweed smelling enzyme gel to my face that she says allows the oil and plugs to slide right out when she squeezes, not going further into the skin
-then she proceeds to use q-tips & sometimes a comedone extractor, a magnifying glass and gloves to do the extractions (I can't say it feels very good and I look ridiculous afterwards for the day)
-then she'll apply a mask, rinse it off, apply serums & moisturizer (THE END)

This woman seemed like she knew what she was doing but does she? Any opinions? Now I'm worried, like I shouldn't be going to her anymore. I only go for the DPC every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.

----edit----

P.S. I just ordered the KH Cleansing Cream and Finacea gel from an australian pharmacy - maybe these will help clear the problem up. I did try Retin-A micro for a period and that was 1 of the worst experiences of my life. Left me horribly dry, peeling, actually have scars from the peeling - eep!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
You may be interested in this thread - it's a recipe for disincrustation using baking soda:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29412
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
You may be interested in this thread - it's a recipe for disincrustation using baking soda:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29412

Wow - what a simple recipe! I'll have to give it a try. thanks so much!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |