Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had a VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis done today...my dermatologist offers it as a free service. I requested it so that I can watch for improvements over time from my skincare products, dermarolling, etc. (I wish I had requested this before I started rolling. Rolling Eyes )

Quote:
The VISIA Digital Skin Analysis is the first diagnostic tool to provide clinical measurement of surface and subsurface epidermal irregularities and pigment conditions. VISIA’s photographic technology captures a clear, multi-dimensional image of select facial areas, while examining the severity of various age-related conditions such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation (age/dark spots)
- Enlarged pores
- Texture (skin smoothness)
- Porphyrins (evidence of bacterial growth)
- Sun damage (UV spots)

Basically, you just lean into a little well-lit box and they take your picture. Then they select a section of your skin on the picture, and the tool analyzes it. I left with a printout of digital pictures and scores for each of the above categories.

See this link for what the pictures look like, etc.:
http://www.rayamedspa.com/visia_skin_analysis.html

My scores:

- Fine lines and wrinkles - 99%
- Hyperpigmentation (age/dark spots) - 73%
- Enlarged pores - 97%
- Texture (skin smoothness) - 85%
- Porphyrins (evidence of bacterial growth) - 16 counted in the designated area
- Sun damage (UV spots) - 105 counted in the designated area

Quote:
Percentile scores depict the percentage of individuals within the VISIA database matching your age and skin type who you scored better than in the skin attributes of evenness, wrinkles, spots, and pores.

The scores for UV spots and porphyrins represent actual counts, with higher counts indicating more sun damage.

I don't really know what numbers are good for the UV Spots and the Porphyrins, but I did a whole lot better than the woman on the sample report at the above link...she had 268 UV Spots and 45 Porphyrins.

But the hyperpigmentation and texture are obviously where I need to focus. And also the wrinkles that are less than most people my age, but still there. Mad

This might be worth looking into if you're interested in nerdy details and measurable improvement like me. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
bethany wrote:
FYI that I deleted my personal scores since another member inferred that my research isn't credible or appreciated. Unfortunately I will no longer be sharing any personal information or research that I am doing on various topics.

Who cares about what this member thinks...Cool

You know...that is a good point. I hate to punish everyone just because of one person.

Here are the scores:

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Some seem to bring all kinds of projections to the party and end up spewing into the punchbowl, lol.

Ignore them, I say.

Carry on, we appreciate it.

BFG
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Was catching up on new postings and ran into Bethany's with her image already deleted.

I was so disappointed kicking myself that I didn't check yesterday.

Then when I read further and found out someone had the audacity to asked her to remove them, my temper got red hot.

How dare someone assume to speak for the rest of us? I'm positive that she is one of the most respected, most read individuals. Her research is top rate. We learn volumes from her generous sharing.

Another thing, Bethany just doesn't talk/rave about stuff, she shows us proof!
I would like to know who sent her this message as I would like to know the person I'm p*ssed at.

I'm so happy to know that Bethany reposted. Way to go girl and don't let that person take up any of your brain time.
bacchus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I rarely post here, but just wanted to say how much I've appreciated Bethany's posts over the years I've been reading here.

Thanks, Bethany, for all your research and posts! Can't believe someone would try to squelch that!

eta: I had Visia analysis done years ago at the Elemis counter. I didn't know I was going to have it done at the time, so had CP's on and I think that skewed some results (pores!)). I'd love to find those (I went back and had them done again a few months later) and go have them done again. What a great way to monitor progress.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I missed the drama, I dont know who posted what but bethany, pls keep posting! thank you
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I guess I missed the drama, I dont know who posted what but bethany, pls keep posting! thank you

me too. I was too busy turning 40 and being old. Smile

Glad you posted your info and glad to know you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie, I already reposted the info above.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany is one of our very most helpful, well informed, longstanding and unbiased EDS members.

Her contributions to this community are so significant, we could not even begin to quantify them.

I focus on her posts, not only because I know them to always be valuable...but also very important to me: *unbiased*.

Unlike some posters here, it seems her only goals are to educate herself and other members, not to push a particular product or procedure to financially enrich others.

BFG
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
bethany is one of our very most helpful, well informed, longstanding and unbiased EDS members.

Her contributions to this community are so significant, we could not even begin to quantify them.

I focus on her posts, not only because I know them to always be valuable...but also very important to me: *unbiased*.

Unlike some posters here, it seems her only goals are to educate herself and other members, not to push a particular product or procedure to financially enrich others.

BFG

Well said, BFG. Agree wholeheartedly. We appreciate all your info, Bethany! Keep on posting. Very Happy
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
BFG, I like what you said... (and rileygirl - who came in before me)

Oh, and as

bethany wrote:

...Bygones!
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany for posting your results!

I had a Visia done unofficially, just the photo with no printout at a friends medspa after hours Smile

EEK! I have been missing sunscreen application on my hairline near my forehead! (fear of greasy hair). Other than that, I thought it looked horrid, but she showed me several other photos and she said it looked great! So I will carry on and be more careful with sunscreen application in the future.

Thanks again Bethany Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |