Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
TheLedMan.net - Custom LED Units!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I see that theledman now has a red/ir/yellow light. Has anyone tried it? Maybe compared it to the AALS? I am trying to decide whether I should get this, or wait until Hautelook has another sale on the AALS (for $199). It's larger than the lightstim, which is probably a good thing, but the yellow is 590nm, whereas the amber is 600 (in the Lightstim). Not sure how big of a difference it would make. Anyone out there with some feedback? TIA.
Nikita99

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 am      Reply with quote
This is my first post on this forum, but have been reading for a few months. I purchased the anti-aging LED unit from the LED man and have been using it 2-3 times a week consistently for 3 months. I use it for 3-4 minutes per section with all the lights on and then just use the amber lights alone for about 10 minutes all over my neck and under my eyes. It takes about an hour. I love, love, love it. My skin tone is more even, my skin seems firmer especially around my jawline and neck which is where I was concerned mostly. I'm 44 and do have pretty good skin, but was seeing sagging with some weight loss. I'm very happy with the unit. I wanted to get the light stim, but it was a little outside of my budget and they wouldn't give me any type of specs when I called. The LED man sent me the exact data sheets of the lights he is using and they are very strong and bright. I'm an electrical engineer and his unit seemed just fine compared to the others based on what I could ascertain in my research mostly from this site. So thanks ladies for all the research you've done. My skin looks better than it has in years. Very Happy
redtigerwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have his infrared/red/yellow and just ordered a yellow.

My plan is to use the infrared/red/yellow for short time, but use the yellow longer to pull up collagen. i'll report back what happens!

also i have a lightstim. i like it as well and feel it has done a very good job on a giant arm scar and my hands. it's nice to have a few units, it cuts down on the time!
Creamcheese 123
5% products discount

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to rave about the excellent personal and fast customer service that the LED MAN gave me. His email response was same day. Unusual ,in this "get-back-to-you-when-I-get-around-to-it-culture" we live in.

I had problems with my unit when I received it. He instantly upon receiving my email worked out a solution that made me quite happy. I just wish other businesses could follow his example. I'm a satisfied customer! He is an honorable business man. He stands behind his product!!
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
actually i've got to agree with creamcheese. i've been using ledman units for about 3 years and they've been fine but one had some bulbs go out a couple years ago and one's power supply had a prob (not big deals or genuine quality issues, i don't think) so i finally inquired about getting it repaired and his response time and level of customer service really impressed me. he definitely seems to put the customer first which, to me, goes a long way.

plus i haven't had any real complaints about the products- i now have the red/infra, yellow, and triple array handhelds- and have had nice enough results from the first two (the third is new) that even with the longer treatment time (compared to aals or others), it's warranted putting in the effort consistently since purchasing.

anyway, don't mean to sound dodgy with a positive comment about v's service right after the other one, but the timing just happened to align.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Currently I have been using the AALS with red, infrared, and amber lights for
anitaging and to stimulate collagen production.
Does anyone know if the combination of the
3 lights or just all amber lights produces more collagen? Am asking because the Lumiere and other professional LED lights have amber only. Does anyone have experience trying it both ways and got better results with one or the other??
Curious skin want to know! DIPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thought I would bump this thread... Any satisfied customers willing to give an update or share their experience with these LED units??

DiPhx, did you ever get your question answered or make a decision to try another LED unit? I have the AALS and was thinking a panel with more infrareds would help the process...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Thought I would bump this thread... Any satisfied customers willing to give an update or share their experience with these LED units??

DiPhx, did you ever get your question answered or make a decision to try another LED unit? I have the AALS and was thinking a panel with more infrareds would help the process...

You are a total gadget junkie yea yea look who's talking! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Busted! Laughing

However in comparison to other long timers here on EDS, I think I'm a baby in comparison. LOL.

AALS
The PMD which I'm going try out today!
Dermaroller .5mm (which I stopped using)
Lyapko roller (use everyday)
Skin scrubber (use once a week or two)
Clarisonic (use everyday)

And that's it!

Ok, here's the thing, since turning 43 I'm really noticing the droop and it freaks me out. LOL. However, I've been upping my meditations lately and the skin obsession is slowly diminishing. Yah, I think my priorities need some straightening out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Busted! Laughing

However in comparison to other long timers here on EDS, I think I'm a baby in comparison. LOL.

AALS
The PMD which I'm going try out today!
Dermaroller .5mm (which I stopped using)
Lyapko roller (use everyday)
Skin scrubber (use once a week or two)
Clarisonic (use everyday)

And that's it!

Ok, here's the thing, since turning 43 I'm really noticing the droop and it freaks me out. LOL. However, I've been upping my meditations lately and the skin obsession is slowly diminishing. Yah, I think my priorities need some straightening out!

LOL.

Mine:

PMD
Skinn Sonic Brush
HF Professional Device
LED

Just ordered today a .5 mm and a 1mm roller!

Three of which I bought in the last few months, now I want the Lyapko roller! Bad Grin

Have I forgotten any of my gadgets? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh, oooh... the HF... Must. Hear. More.

Tell me all.... Very Happy

That's another one I've been thinking about! Tightening? Toning? I'd like it for the ozone and blemish zapping as well.

(Or am I hijacking this thread? You can post your answer on another thread if it's more appropriate... just tell me where!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Oh, oooh... the HF... Must. Hear. More.

Tell me all.... Very Happy

That's another one I've been thinking about! Tightening? Toning? I'd like it for the ozone and blemish zapping as well.

(Or am I hijacking this thread? You can post your answer on another thread if it's more appropriate... just tell me where!)

I will post a link as soon as I get another window open! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Here we go:

I love it for so many purposes!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Here we go:

Thank you! I'll be busy reading for the next week, I see! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Here we go:

Thank you! I'll be busy reading for the next week, I see! Smile

LOL, I know or skip to the last 5-6 pages for now! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

I will report that I think the Ledman makes excellent devices, however I feel that LED does absolutely nothing for my skin. In fact, I feel it makes it worse. The red/yellow/IR was terrible, but solid yellow was ok. overall though, i don't really get much out of my handheld devices, it's not a great treatment for me. some people love it, we are all unique and different!

aside from skincare, or if someone is really wanting LED, i would highly recommend LedMan, his units are fantastic!!!

furthermore, i do like my red/yellow/IR for sports injury type issues. so for that i'm happy to have the devices and feel it's worth it. i have lent my units to people with sports type injuries and all said the unit helped them feel improvement. the size of the unit is bigger than most on the market and i consider this one of the many pluses. (i also have a lightstim)
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
redtigerwoman wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I will report that I think the Ledman makes excellent devices, however I feel that LED does absolutely nothing for my skin. In fact, I feel it makes it worse. The red/yellow/IR was terrible, but solid yellow was ok. overall though, i don't really get much out of my handheld devices, it's not a great treatment for me. some people love it, we are all unique and different!

aside from skincare, or if someone is really wanting LED, i would highly recommend LedMan, his units are fantastic!!!

furthermore, i do like my red/yellow/IR for sports injury type issues. so for that i'm happy to have the devices and feel it's worth it. i have lent my units to people with sports type injuries and all said the unit helped them feel improvement. the size of the unit is bigger than most on the market and i consider this one of the many pluses. (i also have a lightstim)

Thank you for your feedback... can I ask if the Lightstim also causes your skin to become worse? I was wondering which of the LED-man units to get but since I also have the LS I was thinking maybe just the red/infrared unit to give me more of what is missing from the LS. I'm not sure that is great logic! Rolling Eyes Hard to know the best way to go. I've also been seriously considering the DPL panel.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I have been talking to the LED man and hoping to have him make me an "extra strength" unit.
I have been researching the red light treatments and looking for the best machine to purchase. In my opinion,and I have read studies to back me up, an effective "dose" of red light for skin rejuvenation is 126 joules of red light at 630nm delivered to the skin that is covered by the lights, and 66 joules of infrared light at 830nm. This is what dermatologists provide, 1-2 times a week, to get results. Many home devices aim for just 4 joules. The LED man's hand held devices may provide up to 6 joules in about 4 minutes, which is probably as good or better than many home units. However, to get a dose of 126 joules from these devices, it would take a long time. I think, about 84 minutes for each area.

I am not going to explain how I did the math, because that rattles even my brain, but I think if the LED man can make me an 8" square panel, using 45-3watt red LEDs in the 630nm wavelength, it would get me into the 65-109mW/cm2 range (65-109, depending heavily on the true efficiency (radiant output) of the LEDs). This would be wonderful, because at about 105mW/cm2, I could deliver 126 joules to about half of my face in 20 minutes.

Oh, I think Santa is coming down the chimney. I guess I need to go to sleep! Merry Christmas!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
chasemom wrote:
Hi,
I am not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I have been talking to the LED man and hoping to have him make me an "extra strength" unit.
I have been researching the red light treatments and looking for the best machine to purchase. In my opinion,and I have read studies to back me up, an effective "dose" of red light for skin rejuvenation is 126 joules of red light at 630nm delivered to the skin that is covered by the lights, and 66 joules of infrared light at 830nm. This is what dermatologists provide, 1-2 times a week, to get results. Many home devices aim for just 4 joules. The LED man's hand held devices may provide up to 6 joules in about 4 minutes, which is probably as good or better than many home units. However, to get a dose of 126 joules from these devices, it would take a long time. I think, about 84 minutes for each area.

I am not going to explain how I did the math, because that rattles even my brain, but I think if the LED man can make me an 8" square panel, using 45-3watt red LEDs in the 630nm wavelength, it would get me into the 65-109mW/cm2 range (65-109, depending heavily on the true efficiency (radiant output) of the LEDs). This would be wonderful, because at about 105mW/cm2, I could deliver 126 joules to about half of my face in 20 minutes.

Oh, I think Santa is coming down the chimney. I guess I need to go to sleep! Merry Christmas!

This is very interesting. I have a small unit made by the LED man many years ago and it worked well enough, but I lost interest like many skin treatments along the way.

I have recently been back on his site wondering about a larger unit...I am sure if I could reduce treatment time I would use it more. Please let me know what he comes back with and also what the price is likely to be.

Has he commented about your calculations at all? I found he was very helpful and informative when I was purchasing.
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Luminocity, did you ever order a stronger device from the LED MAN?

I have been researching like crazy too - so many different devices - had a tanda which wasn't that strong, but did work to some degree - there is this stronger device in the UK RESTORELITE but it only has 15 - 1072 nm infrared lights (roughly 3x2 inch diamond shape) - what I like though is that it seems to really tighten loose eyelid skin - which is my main area of concern

Like the idea of dealing with the Led Man though as his customer service is very good ...

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered 2 panels from the Led man
Can't wait to receive them, I found him very helpful and nice, everything that I had seen on the forum about him is true. I have a Quaser which I find very time consuming as there is not enough lights, so I to aim to use 2 panels on my face and neck at the same time.whilst trying to juggle with my quaser on my hands, maybe later I will go for another device for my hands, I have loved reading all the posts on this forum, so informative, please keep them coming
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
hyacynthgirl wrote:
I see that theledman now has a red/ir/yellow light. Has anyone tried it? Maybe compared it to the AALS? I am trying to decide whether I should get this, or wait until Hautelook has another sale on the AALS (for $199). It's larger than the lightstim, which is probably a good thing, but the yellow is 590nm, whereas the amber is 600 (in the Lightstim). Not sure how big of a difference it would make. Anyone out there with some feedback? TIA.

I have this 96led array, also the blue and the amber hand helds, all from the ledman. They work well. I wire them through my pulsed LED machine I bought for $3200 in 2000 when the technology was new the the Skincare field. (Won't be doing that again anytime soon! I bought that machine at a Skincare show and I wanted it so bad, I just bought it. No research, nothing. But I still use it to this day in many of my treatments on clients so I guess I got my money's worth!)

Here's the crazy thing, I get the same results with this plant grow light I bought off eBay:

http://youtu.be/T2gBEb7uZ0U

The trick is to get is as close to the skin as possible and get in at least a half hour twice a week.

Cheers,
Christine Byer

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:

Here's the crazy thing, I get the same results with this plant grow light I bought off eBay:

I've been hunting to get those panels on ebay for several weeks now. They go so fast that it is hard to get one. Sad
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
girltwocb wrote:

I've been hunting to get those panels on ebay for several weeks now. They go so fast that it is hard to get one. Sad

Here's a Buy It Now option:
Pro 225 LED 14 Watt Hydroponic Plant Hydro Grow Light Panel 14w Red
http://bit.ly/1g1ZlVo #ebayipad

I don't know this seller as I bought 3 from growace, but this is less than I paid for it!

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
bluebell
5% products discount

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
This is an article I have read, after reading I ordered the red and the infrared from the Ledman

Blue light has a wavelength of 450-500nm
and red light has a wavelength of 610-760.
However there is another light that is crucial when using Leds for rejuvenation treatments and that's infrared which is 760-950nm. the larger the number, the deeper the penetration and it is imperative that any machine you use have the capability of both red and infrared. the best way to find this out is to ask what the highest wavelength is
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |