Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TheLedMan.net - Custom LED Units!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I'm gonna try and invent some sticky system (or a strap of sorts?) to hold it in place while I do other stuff. As it is so light weight I think this would be very easy to do.

LOL...I thought the same thing earlier today! I am contemplating using some commercial strength velco stuff I have.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:
I'm gonna try and invent some sticky system (or a strap of sorts?) to hold it in place while I do other stuff. As it is so light weight I think this would be very easy to do.

LOL...I thought the same thing earlier today! I am contemplating using some commercial strength velco stuff I have.

LMK what you come up with bethany? AT this stage I am thinking an elastic strap that goes around my head, and a smaller one for when I do my arms???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Bethany and Ziggy,
Have you used your leds from the ledman yet? Anything to report..positive or otherwise about your experience.

Are you using your devices 5 minutes on each 'site'. Are the devices cool enough to place directly on your skin?

Mine just got delivered today, but I have already been using it while I was in meetings!

I will post some pics and info later tonight.

But just to give you a little teaser, mine is in an aluminum frame, and is very lightweight, and has an on/off switch. It does generate some heat, but it is still cool enough to place directly on your skin.
Mine is plastic, and agree to everything else, except I wasn't in a meeting when using mine. lol

I don't know how long it takes to see improvements, and have been using it for 2 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
There is a lot of chatter going on regarding theledman.net and his very affordable LED units....so I figured he deserved his own thread, just like the rest of the LED suppliers!

I contacted "V" tonight regarding a green LED unit for hyperpigmentation...as others have commented on various threads, his customer service is FABULOUS. He answered all my emails super quickly....even though our back and forth emails took place between 2 and 3am ET. Shock Definitely 2 thumbs up thus far!

I requested an approximate LED panel size of 3" x 4" and he can do one that is 3.5" x 4.5"...that way I can treat the whole pigmented area on the side of my face at one time. Woo hoo!

He will be using 224 LEDs with a wavelength of 515-525nm. The cost is $240 + $8 shipping, and he takes paypal.

So here are the pics of my unit...I have included the front, back, and some with my hand in there for scale (my hands are on the smaller side). I could not take a pic with it on, because it is soooo bright that it just looks like a green blur.

The actual outside measurements are 5.5" long x 3.75" wide and close to 1" thick (actually 7/8"). There are 2 LED panels, and each is 3.5" wide x 2" long. The LEDs are slightly recessed from the frame, but do touch my skin when I press it right against my face.

I have been using it for 5 mins per side of my face every other day...it is very lightweight and easy to hold. The heat generated is not too hot, and is rather comforting, actually. I am able to do the whole side of my face in one shot, and do not need to move it around (except to the other side). All in all, a very nice, simple, and effective design.

And if it works on my hyperpigmentation, I will be THRILLED! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished using my green LED, and had to mention that this is the EASIEST thing to use....and I attribute that to the size and covering my whole cheek at a time. 5 mins on each side, and I'm done.

I'm taking it on my work trip this weekend...I decided to check luggage since I will be gone for an entire week, and I don't need the hassle of getting all my gadgets examined at security...I'm sure they would LOVE this one, lol. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just finished using my green LED, and had to mention that this is the EASIEST thing to use....and I attribute that to the size and covering my whole cheek at a time. 5 mins on each side, and I'm done

I'd be almost tempted to forgo my AALS for one of these if the LEDs were similar - 5 mins for each side of the face would be wonderful. Do you know if he has a similar configuration to the AALS?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I just finished using my green LED, and had to mention that this is the EASIEST thing to use....and I attribute that to the size and covering my whole cheek at a time. 5 mins on each side, and I'm done

I'd be almost tempted to forgo my AALS for one of these if the LEDs were similar - 5 mins for each side of the face would be wonderful. Do you know if he has a similar configuration to the AALS?

Keliu, he can make them in pretty much any configuration you want. I'm not sure how the strength compares to the AALS, but you could definitely specify the wavelengths you want, and how many LEDs of each.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu, he can make them in pretty much any configuration you want. I'm not sure how the strength compares to the AALS, but you could definitely specify the wavelengths you want, and how many LEDs of each.

So in terms of output - do they rate up there with the Prolight, for example? Sorry if this has been covered before.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

So in terms of output - do they rate up there with the Prolight, for example? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Mpstat ran some numbers, and it looks like they are weaker than ProLight...thus the 5 mins vs. the 1 min for the Platinum. However, V says it is not really possible for the PL to be that strong...but both V and Rita really seem to know their stuff, so who knows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking into LEDMan site, products, and communication, and identified several areas that are of a concern to me. (Although it might be perfectly fine with others)

Reputable companies normally provide good contact information. LEDMan on his web site has very little contact info no first name, no last name, no phone number, no address.

In email communications "V" serves as his signature. Which honest and reputable company uses a letter from an alphabet as a company or person's signature?

On top of it to validate his products he states that others are wrong about their products. Thus accusing Quasar and ProLight (companies producing professional devices of comparable strengths discussed on EDS) which entails other professional devices manufacturers such as GentleWaves etc. Those companies have comparable professional products, participate in trade shows, all of them know each other and face fierce competition.

This said LEDMan/"V" leaves me wonder about his business practices and integrity. Again, this is my personal impression.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat,

He goes by V via EMAIL because he does not have a common American name...but all of his contact info was included on my receipt (full name, address, etc.)

And honestly, find me a LED company who has NOT accused the others of being wrong...I have talked to ProLight, Advanthera, and LightStim...they all disputed the other's products. But V did not say anything scathing to me about other vendors (unlike all 3 others did) and only asked how that could be possible based on the LED facts that he is familiar with. And that was ONLY because I asked him...it was not something he offered up on his own.

His website is not the most polished nor professionally done (I would wager that he did it himself or a friend did it), and he runs a very small business...I am sure that his annual sales pale in comparison to the other LED leaders. And more sales = more money to fund nicer websites, etc.

But to discredit his integrity based on the above really isn't fair at all....especially if you haven't purchased from him. Integrity is about adherence to a moral or ethical code, and I have seen nothing that he has done to violate that. Have you?

While I generally agree with you on most things, I don't think you have enough information or experience with him to make such a very strong (and negative) statement.

I received superior customer service, very professional communications, fast response to a custom request, and a great product delivered in a very short period of time...all for a reasonable cost. That shows far better business practices and integrity than I consistently experienced when working for 2 of the largest companies in the world. And that's more than good enough for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - I wrote about my personal impression, and I have reasons for it. You have a different one, and that is fine.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Mpstat,

He goes by V via EMAIL because he does not have a common American name...but all of his contact info was included on my receipt (full name, address, etc.)

And honestly, find me a LED company who has NOT accused the others of being wrong...I have talked to ProLight, Advanthera, and LightStim...they all disputed the other's products. But V did not say anything scathing to me about other vendors (unlike all 3 others did) and only asked how that could be possible based on the LED facts that he is familiar with. And that was ONLY because I asked him...it was not something he offered up on his own.

His website is not the most polished nor professionally done (I would wager that he did it himself or a friend did it), and he runs a very small business...I am sure that his annual sales pale in comparison to the other LED leaders. And more sales = more money to fund nicer websites, etc.

But to discredit his integrity based on the above really isn't fair at all....especially if you haven't purchased from him. Integrity is about adherence to a moral or ethical code, and I have seen nothing that he has done to violate that. Have you?

While I generally agree with you on most things, I don't think you have enough information or experience with him to make such a very strong (and negative) statement.

I received superior customer service, very professional communications, fast response to a custom request, and a great product delivered in a very short period of time...all for a reasonable cost. That shows far better business practices and integrity than I consistently experienced when working for 2 of the largest companies in the world. And that's more than good enough for me.

Bethany, I don't have as much background in this business as you...but what I can say is that the LED man has been absolutely amazing in terms of his "being there" for his customers. In fact I genuinely beleive in fact he is more interested in us as people than just customers. He has gone out of his way to help me with another (non skin related) use for my LED panel (the results of which have blown me away).

With most things that I do, including what I use for my skin, I go with "gut feel". My gut feel with this guy is that he is outstanding.

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
In fact I genuinely beleive in fact he is more interested in us as people than just customers.

I have to agree with you there...he seems like a VERY nice guy, and is willing to help out in any way possble.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
HI Everyone, I'm new here but thanks to your posts I ordered a Amber/red/infared unit for LEDman. I've been using it for a little over a week and must say that my skin is really soft. I haven't noticed any "anti-aging" stuff yet, but I imagine that if it's a cell turnover thing, that it will take about 6 weeks.

I am concerned though because while parts of my skin have cleared up (I have mild acne), I have developed 3 cysts, which I haven't had for quite a while. I'm wondering if this is normal (I suppose it could be a coincidence). Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Also, with regards to V, I adore him. He was extremely helpful to me and offered all kinds of options. Plus since he is in CA, I got my unit in one day! I think his address is a home so that's probably why he doesn't list it on his website.

Thanks again everyone for the helpful posts Smile Smile
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
V's name is Jahn Volker, and is a wonderful man to work with. His website doesn't have the airbrushed high paid models on his site because his site was set up for pain relief. His devices are American made and most of the parts for them are also American made, and for me that is a big plus. Bravo to Jahn.

I wonder where the devices are made for the other mfg's?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:

Some are made in the US, and some are made overseas. And some say they are made in the US, but are rumored to be imported.

I'll let you guys do your own sleuthing on which is which. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
zyggy wrote:

Some are made in the US, and some are made overseas. And some say they are made in the US, but are rumored to be imported.

I'll let you guys do your own sleuthing on which is which. Laughing
guess they could look on their devices, I'd like to know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, or any other obliging individual who understands LED's......

I am thinking about getting the LED man to make me a larger panel to attack the sundamage on my chest/back and arms....basically I am never going to get anywhere with my little red/infrared/amber one........

Sooooo I am wondering since I ONLY want to target pigment, would it be best to get the panel ALL amber or perhaps a mix of amber/green???

Any ideas much appreciated.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Sooooo I am wondering since I ONLY want to target pigment, would it be best to get the panel ALL amber or perhaps a mix of amber/green???

Wow...that's an interesting idea!

You can't go wrong if you got a dual panel with both green and amber. However, I would ensure that they could be turned on separately.

Alternately, you could start just with amber, and buy a separate green panel down the road if you do not respond to the amber.

My only other thought is that I am still not fully convinced that LEDs have the power to remove deeper pigmentation. Will you be tackling this with topicals as well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Wow...that's an interesting idea!

You can't go wrong if you got a dual panel with both green and amber. However, I would ensure that they could be turned on separately.

Alternately, you could start just with amber, and buy a separate green panel down the road if you do not respond to the amber.

My only other thought is that I am still not fully convinced that LEDs have the power to remove deeper pigmentation. Will you be tackling this with topicals as well?

Thanks Bethany,

I have tackled this problem with almost everything. Thousands of dollars in lasers, IPL, TCA peels, more recently dermarolling with Vit C and with a Glucosamine/NIA serum.

So I guess I don't know, all my sundamage is gone from my face and hands from the DR and actives...but I'm stuck with the rest.

thanks for your help

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I have tackled this problem with almost everything. Thousands of dollars in lasers, IPL, TCA peels, more recently dermarolling with Vit C and with a Glucosamine/NIA serum.

So I guess I don't know, all my sundamage is gone from my face and hands from the DR and actives...but I'm stuck with the rest.

Have you considered doing an aggressive routine like Obagi Nu Derm? I recently read a textbook written by Dr. Obagi, and I was floored by the before and after results in his book...some had very deep dermal pigmentation, and he was able to eliminate it all with the Nu-Derm routines and Blue Peels in some cases.

I was so wow'd that I am working up slowly to a full Nu-Derm regiment myself...it will get rid of melasma, sun damage, etc. and also restore the skin tolerance and moisture balance we had before it was degraded due to product usage, etc.

The peeling, etc. is not for everyone but I think the benefits will be worth it for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, we're going a bit off topic here - but I want to ask you if you're going to stop using Retin-A when you go on the Obagi routine.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, not Bethany, but RA is a huge part of Obagi, just FYI!
gumgirl
5% products discount

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

I admire your tenacity...and willingness to experiment with new products. I mentioned in the dermaroller post that hyper/hypopigmentation problems are my #1 issue. My problem may be dermal...but this is primarily a gut feeling. Regardless, it is persistant.

I am intrigued by the green LED's. Or as Snowqueen suggested an Amber/Green combo. I believe my hypopigmented areas are related to Aura/lyra laser treatments from several years ago. If you look closely, it appears that I have white dots on my face. They are surrounded by hyperpigmented areas. fortunately, they can be covered with make up. Dermacia MD is my favorite, since it contains physical sunblock (TiO2 .)

I may be getting a Red/Infrared to improve healing related to sports injury/overuse etc.

Looking forward to hearing about your results. I'd certainly be willing to buy from the LED man.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |