Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Fat injection?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I heard that some plastic surgeons offer fat injection now by taking your own fat from another area and injecting it to the area that needs fat like under the eyes and tear troughs. It is supposed to last long term. Has anyone tried this? Please let me know how it works or doesn't work. I don't want to do juvederm or restylane, so I am considering fat injection as a safe alternative.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
The more I hear and read about this alternative, the more I like it. I don't know anybody personally that had it done, but the before and after pictures online, and the obviously great 'celebrity' results we can see look really nice.

I believe once the fat is injected, it becomes a permanent part of you, and because it isn't a *foreign* body, there is no risk of allergic reaction etc..

A little while ago 'LucyLuc' posted a link to a great PS video, that explains the whole procedure. I believe it's called a "Space Lift" or something similar.. I can't find the thread it's posted in, so hopefully Lucy will see this and jump in.. Wink Or havana8 who is my all time hero, when it comes to things lost or missing at EDS.. Very Happy

I think this would be a great alternative for me that could ultimately be a one, two punch; fat injected just below the dreaded fatty bags, at the top of the cheeks, would give me nice full cheeks and camouflage the bags..hmm!
mander123
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here....been lurking for a while (and spending lots of $$ buying gadgets, creams & supplements)!

I had fat injections done about a year and a half ago in my lips and to help with lip lines and NL lines. I went back about 6 months after the initial injection for a touch up. I'm really happy with the results. But I'm noticing lately that some of the lines are coming back. I'm thinking that the lines I'm seeing now are more from aging than from the loss of fat in the injection sites since my lips are still fuller than before the injections.

Prior to the fat injections I tried Restylane twice, but it didn't last more than 3-4 months for me.

Here's how the fat injection procedure went for me....

The PS will do a little mini-lipo suction, most likely from your hip area (a minimal amount, so it will not be noticeable at all). That was kind of a gross feeling, but it did not hurt. He takes the harvested fat and injects it into the areas where you want a little plumping up. It may take one or two touch ups after the initial injections to get the desired result, since not all of the fat cells injected will survive.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Some time ago I started a thread entitled "Fat injections to cheeks, has anyone had them?" - but the topic has gone missing and I can no longer locate it.

I did get a number of interesting replies - apparently some people have had this procedure and found that the fat did not take. After doing a bit of research myself, I chose to get Resylane SubQ injected into my cheeks. The thicker injectables are now the preferred option to fat injections (or so I was informed). The SubQ is a much thicker gel which is used for facial reconstruction and is quite often used on Aids patients who have lost a lot of facial volume. It is supposed to last around 18 months, however, I have never come across a filler that lasts the length of time that it's supposed to.

I had my injections of SubQ in July and I'm quite happy with the results. I had .5ml in each cheek and would have liked to have had more (which the nurse recommended) but I couldn't afford it.

If I were you I would really do some research into this because I believe that fat injections are not so popular anymore. Hopefully, others will write in with their experiences.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |